Alcohol Bans and Road closures planned for Pattaya Songkran Festival

webfact

Why is it different dates in Pattaya,i thought Songkran finished on the 17th?

Pretty simple.......most people in Pattaya are from other parts in the country and will be at home with their family during the official dates (13, 14 and 15 April). On the 19th they are supposed to be back in paradise.

For years now, Songkran in Pattaya is on the 19th............obviously.....the 18th is added, but that may be because in Naklua Songkran is being celebrated on the 18th, so people may loose their way to Pattaya.

The traffic on beach rd last night on my way to central was terrible, 19th will be like a war zone so stay away and be safe.

Not only beach road, but all of Pattaya including Sukhumvit from Nua (north road) to Tai (south road) will be completely stopped. Getting into Pattaya proper is by walking, meaning getting soaking wet. Even the dark side will be extremely slow, Thanon Rod Fai (the railroad road) may be the only chance to get through to south. Better to avoid travelling, unless willingly engaging in the war.

The taxi company I'm regularly using is saying that the trip Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi can take as much as 4 hour's in the period 10-19 April.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You taxi company is right...........once on the #7 it will take 1.5 hour to the airport, but before getting there......!!!

Even the Jomtien-Suvarnabuhmi Bus states, that tickets can't be bought in advance since they can't guarantee the travel time.

If you need to be at the airport on the 19th...........take your time......a lot of time!!!

Edited by joepattaya1961