Yamaha Tricity

ttakata

Will post seat tonight. It's a custom Yamaha seat ... not quite the accessories one as it has better machine trim shape and memory foam. It feels like a foot massage on my bum when riding. Very comfortable. lol. Today I'm getting the computer switched to increase performance and fuel approx. 20 percent ... so I'm told ... and a custom variator to bump the takeoff considerably. The computer removes the electronic restriction and improves the fuel mix. The aftermarket on this bike is huge. I'll report the differences. Also available is a larger windshield and an engine upgrade to ... wait for it ... 158cc. Apparently the custom store owner said his last customer almost had a heart attack when he picked up as the bike wanted to do a wheel stand when taking off. Insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by bofhman

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok ... still some bugs being worked out with the remote but the power difference is outstanding. Here are some pictures from today.

The owners name is Rudy and is great, knows his stuff and so do his mechanics.

The shop is called Maithai in Pattaya. A picture below has all the detail of the shop, kit and computer installed on my bike. As I said I'm still here but very happy with these guys work. I'll post more later.

post-207984-1403258408878_thumb.jpgpost-207984-1403258422394_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032584413102_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032584572301_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032584762619_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032584976342_thumb.jpgpost-207984-1403258511671_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032585696863_thumb.jpgpost-207984-14032585840842_thumb.jpg

The paint trim on my box is a perfect pearl white match.

After writing this I just realised I haven't put a pic of the seat yet! lol I'll do it when the guys finish.

Edited by bofhman

Sweet!

I didn't even know there was a bigbore.

http://maithai-motorbikes.com has no useful information.

At 158cc, do you have to get the new ECU and camshaft too or are they part of the kit?

Yes, how much cash are we talking for the kit and then install?

How long did you have to leave the bike with them?

When my warranty runs out I might get this mod.

Today I finally did something about hanging my helmet without fear of it being stolen.

You might ask why when I have a topbox.

Well when you put a sweaty helmet in a sealed box, it gets rank or even moldy.

So I need a secure way to let the helmet dry out.

I just ziptied a cheap cable lock to the frame and cut a hole in the plastic.

I suppose someday I'll get a combo lock so I don't need a key.

Simple, doesn't get in the way when riding, and no fear of the helmet being stolen.

2014-06-20192035.jpg

2014-06-20192438.jpg

2014-06-20192651.jpg

After my friend's helmet strap was cut off in broad daylight in front of useless video cameras, I only trust a helmet locked like this or in a box.

Brilliant looks like a great touring bike especially with the engine mods I think you will get a top end of 120-130 kph and with the sturdiness of the wheels and 3 discs should actually be safer than a pcx.

Now if you can only hang a disco ball above a mattress on the back you will have the perfect beach road cruiser. tongue.png

Edited by losworld

Thanks for the posts! How much were the mods all in, and how long did it take to get it all done? It would mean a trip to Pattaya on the bike for me but since we closed on the new condo in Bang Saray .... well I do get long weekends off from work very regularly! :)

Ok ... still some bugs being worked out with the remote but the power difference is outstanding. Here are some pictures from today.

The owners name is Rudy and is great, knows his stuff and so do his mechanics.

The shop is called Maithai in Pattaya. A picture below has all the detail of the shop, kit and computer installed on my bike. As I said I'm still here but very happy with these guys work. I'll post more later.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258405.031774.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258419.263121.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258434.580125.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258449.979474.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258470.762324.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258492.786008.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258505.463438.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258563.762365.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403258578.366648.jpg

The paint trim on my box is a perfect pearl white match.

After writing this I just realised I haven't put a pic of the seat yet! lol I'll do it when the guys finish.

I am hoping to know as well, but it is Thailand.

Maybe bofhman is having problems with the kit?

I'm amazed there is running water and electricity here sometimes so a bigbore is asking a lot.

I am hoping to know as well, but it is Thailand.

Maybe bofhman is having problems with the kit?

I'm amazed there is running water and electricity here sometimes so a bigbore is asking a lot.

You are unnecessarily amazed, Thailand manufactures a lot of automotive products including aftermarket motorbike engine parts.

Given a demand, there will be a supply.

Actually I am still amazed because last week, 4 Thais woke me up at 7AM to check if I had running water.

They had turned it off and then I confirmed when it was turned back on.

I went out for the day and came back at 4PM and all the water was off again.

Plus my less than 1 year old (supposedly luxury) condo building has lost power over 10 times.

I'm not denying Thailand is the Detroit of SE Asia, but its only because foreigners are telling them how to make quality parts.

If anyone truly trusts in Thai craftsmanship, trade in your bike for a Tiger motorcycle.

Maybe there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bigbore kit, but who installed it?

A Ducati service tech or a scooter hack?

Maybe Bofhman is just on vacation and riding around for a few months so we are in the dark.

OK, I'm just being difficult.

Sorry, its 2AM and I'm bored.

I don't mean to offend anyone, just my sarcastic humor comes off as a jerk.

I love you guys, "not that there's anything wrong with that" -Seinfeld

Actually I am still amazed because last week, 4 Thais woke me up at 7AM to check if I had running water.

They had turned it off and then I confirmed when it was turned back on.

I went out for the day and came back at 4PM and all the water was off again.

Plus my less than 1 year old (supposedly luxury) condo building has lost power over 10 times.

I'm not denying Thailand is the Detroit of SE Asia, but its only because foreigners are telling them how to make quality parts.

If anyone truly trusts in Thai craftsmanship, trade in your bike for a Tiger motorcycle.

Maybe there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bigbore kit, but who installed it?

A Ducati service tech or a scooter hack?

Maybe Bofhman is just on vacation and riding around for a few months so we are in the dark.

OK, I'm just being difficult.

Sorry, its 2AM and I'm bored.

I don't mean to offend anyone, just my sarcastic humor comes off as a jerk.

I love you guys, "not that there's anything wrong with that" -Seinfeld

get some nice tires and a nice pipe, you go fast enough - at least you feel that waylaugh.png

we love you toobiggrin.png

Edited by ll2

Ok an update. The mods work perfectly. The poster who suggested Thai mechanics are hit and miss is right as I discovered some electrical wiring which needed some soldering and insulation from the mod computer. A simple strip and wrap approach is not really acceptable especially when it rains! Aside from that everything works perfectly. I can cruise above limit now ... formerly 95-100 km/hr with original limiting, now I can reach 110-130 (130 downhill ... lol). The major issue now is headwind. Looking at some higher wind shields for long trips. Acceleration is excellent. Beats traffic and PCX 150 which is nice considering the extra weight the bike has. Highly recommend reviewing my previous posts and pictures. Call the shop and get your own price etc. as there may be waiting times now. Cheers.

Call the shop and get your own price etc. as there may be waiting times now. Cheers.

Come on mate, at least a ball park figure for everything. You're leaving us hanging here!

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta call the dealers on the Yamaha website, that's what I ended up doing.

Best I could get in BKK was 82K out of 8 dealers.

Others upcountry have seen the 79.5K promo price but that was awhile ago.

You gotta call the dealers on the Yamaha website, that's what I ended up doing.

Best I could get in BKK was 82K out of 8 dealers.

Others upcountry have seen the 79.5K promo price but that was awhile ago.

82000 was the price i could get on Sukhumvit road, near the BIg Wing

Asia Motors is always cheaper, but for this vehicle more expansive, i asked why and the answer was because its not selling at all in Thai markets

$100 is not a big deal, but it always feels nice when you can get a dealbiggrin.png

Sorry OP - its time to put your copy of "The Kings new clothes" away....

The bike is just plain awful looking.....one was following me a few days back, and with the greatest respect to disabled people and disabled people's transport - the Tri City looked like disabled person's transport.

For us guy's the look of our bike is important and i'd be plain embarrassed to be seen on one.

Someone has said before "Yamaha have tried to fix a problem that doesn't need fixing" - having two front wheels on a 115cc scooter is just plain bonkers.

Then their is the price - 82,000 B - almost identical price to a new model Honda PCX 150cc..

If i was in a dealers showroom and a PCX and Tri City were side by side, each with a 82,000 B price tax - Chineese water torture couldn't make me plump for the Tri City.

Sorry OP - its time to put your copy of "The Kings new clothes" away....

The bike is just plain awful looking.....one was following me a few days back, and with the greatest respect to disabled people and disabled people's transport - the Tri City looked like disabled person's transport.

For us guy's the look of our bike is important and i'd be plain embarrassed to be seen on one.

Someone has said before "Yamaha have tried to fix a problem that doesn't need fixing" - having two front wheels on a 115cc scooter is just plain bonkers.

Then their is the price - 82,000 B - almost identical price to a new model Honda PCX 150cc..

If i was in a dealers showroom and a PCX and Tri City were side by side, each with a 82,000 B price tax - Chineese water torture couldn't make me plump for the Tri City.

Speak for yourself p.broke...and let 'us guy's' decide for ourselves what 'we' like...tongue.pngwink.png

Seriously bored and trolling I reckon.

Now we'll have a few pages of BS because someone thinks its ugly.

I think the PCX looks like a beluga whale and the Tricity looks like a falcon; I like both.

I really don't care what others think of me but I happen to be older than 20; everyone has to find their own sense of style.

Frankly I think all scooters are sort of dorky looking but I can appreciate a bike beyond its looks.

I think a Ducati Multistrada or KLX650 are very ugly but if someone gave me one I'd ride it.

This bike isn't for everyone; most different things aren't.

I think most people would have to rent one for a few days to decide if the extra function is worth it.

If a 3 wheeler is for disabled people, do you think all cars are coffins?

Edited by ttakata

Speak for yourself p.broke...and let 'us guy's' decide for ourselves what 'we' like...tongue.pngwink.png

Remember flared trousers and how smart you felt in them at the time and years later you looked at photos of yourself......enough said.

stick me down on the fugly vote please.

i wouldn't be seen dead on one.

I like bell bottom pants but I missed that decade so I never wore them.

I'm more embarrased by the tennis shorts with tall socks I wore as a kid.

john-mcenroe.jpg

Anyway I was bored so I got my bike a taller windscreeen from Likit Scooter on Prasert Manukich.

They have a pretty cool shop, especially if you like Vespas.

http://www.likitscooter.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539744448

I was told it is polycarbonate, but it was only 1200 baht so I am skeptical.

It definitely deflects more air but I'm not sure if it creates or reduces turbulence.

It was a pain to install with the fairing mirrors so I'm going to leave it on for now.

2014-07-11082443.jpg

2014-07-11082435.jpg

Ugly or not, the more I ride this bike, the more I appreciate it.

I've hit some nasty bumps and potholes but I don't know about it until the rear wheel goes over it so there is almost no danger.

I simply don't need to pay attention to road conditions as much as I used to which is what attracted me to this bike in the first place.

Now I am experimenting taking turns with only one hand since bump steer should be nonexistent.