Thai-born British citizen accused of lese majeste by her own parents

webfact

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An extradition from the UK would require a court hearing which of course would be very widely reported and a lot of evidence which parties may prefer not to be aired would be open to the world press and as long as the evidence presented in court was presented acurately would not be liable to libel action.

She is a brave girl , unlike some people living inside the kingdom .

How is she being brave saying these things from abroad and with apparently no intentions of returning here in the near future?

^ So what ? No way would she be extradited for such frivolity. It isn't a crime on British soil and she didn't commit the "crime" on Thai soil.

She's in the real world- access to uncensored information -not Ta Ta land's fairy tales.

The question of whether the offence is illegal in the UK s only relevant for the question of extradition from the UK to Thailand.

It doesn't matter where she commits the crime, from a Thai law point of view. She could be in Antarctica and it would be the same legal breach.

So the LM law does not care where you are, and it does not matter if you are a Thai citizen or not? So if two Germans were in Germany, and discussing His Majesty in a poor manner, and Thai person overheard the conversation, he could report the conversation to the Thai authorities and have an arrest warrant be issued for the two Germans ? Wow.....

LM laws on the surface seem to make a bit of sense, but when they are applied in bizarre fashion , or used to punish people politically as it seems to be the current fashion here in Thailand, then it becomes time for egg on the face. I am sure the Brits fell down laughing when they heard about an extradition order for someone exercising free speech..... Free speech is simple to understand. The countries that have it are leading first world countries. The countries that do not have it are like a rogues gallery...... So clearly people speaking their minds has a beneficial effect on the economy.

Because of the firm conviction that HM represents the essence of Thailand, of Thai-ness, and all Thai citizens, it is understandable that a population here that is very nationalistic and very loving of HM would defend all that. I admire Thai people for respecting and having at least one leader that deserves their respect, a factor so missing in today's crass world. When people lose the ability to respect, it is usually because they believe they personally are superior to everything themselves.

There is nothing wrong with what I hope your mother taught you... "Watch your mouth."

In the West, you can say anything you want and everyone knows that what is said is meaningless.

Buddhists believe what you say is a part of your essence... body speech and mind... read about it.

Because of the firm conviction that HM represents the essence of Thailand, of Thai-ness, and all Thai citizens, it is understandable that a population here that is very nationalistic and very loving of HM would defend all that. I admire Thai people for respecting and having at least one leader that deserves their respect, a factor so missing in today's crass world. When people lose the ability to respect, it is usually because they believe they personally are superior to everything themselves.

There is nothing wrong with what I hope your mother taught you... "Watch your mouth."

In the West, you can say anything you want and everyone knows that what is said is meaningless.

Buddhists believe what you say is a part of your essence... body speech and mind... read about it.

All of which can be answered with "why?"

If the issue was a cartoon and the character was religious would your view be the same. Nothing needs absolute protection from insult, particularly if it is so readily loved.

Word never damaged anything.

Looked at her facebook page (easily found) shes an activist which can be understood in some circumstances, but I feel like many things in Thailand nothing will change in a hurry. The rich will always be there taking what ever advantage of the poor they can.Same the world over.

Forget the politics - the only good thing about her immature and idealistic website is Catty Nana!

529562_132056713630776_486428203_n.jpg

Edited by robsamui

Looked at her facebook page (easily found) shes an activist which can be understood in some circumstances, but I feel like many things in Thailand nothing will change in a hurry. The rich will always be there taking what ever advantage of the poor they can.Same the world over.

Forget the politics - the only good thing about her immature and idealistic website is Catty Nana!

529562_132056713630776_486428203_n.jpg

And she's single!

All of which can be answered with "why?"

If the issue was a cartoon and the character was religious would your view be the same. Nothing needs absolute protection from insult, particularly if it is so readily loved.

Word never damaged anything.

No, but the truth sure has...

"I wonder how this girl managed to establish herself in Britain in the first place and she is now using Britain as a sanctuary to protect her while she attacks the system of another country, which could be regarded as treason." I thought treason could only be charged if done against country one is a citizen of, in her case it is now Britain. She has a different queen now too. This is all too confusing.

I happen to think the king is a great person, and he was born in USA, and as such was an automatic citizen of USA. I wish he had run for President against Bush. As the number one Thai citizen, is he still subject to US laws? I would hope not.

If disparaging remarks against foreign heads of state fall under this law, can Thai police round up some of the posters on TV for the horrible things they have said about US head of state, Obama? If I say something disparaging against Syria's president, whose humanitarian qualities are known far and wide, can I expect to be arrested? This slope is slipperier than trying to get warranty service in Pattaya.

Does UN Declaration of Human Rights have anything to do with this? (Not that anyone pays attention to that document...)

Article 19.
  • Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

A true Thai "patriot" took a video of herself throwing eggs at Rose's house in London. She claimed she'd "slap" Rose if she came out of the house. Apparently Rose has posted on FB that the house is actually her ex-husband's house, not where she lives now though.

84k likes so far: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152508210744295

Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition.

How about arresting egg thrower? Intimidation etc?

"Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition." Snowballs chance in Phuket that gonna happen. Maybe hire US intelligence to kidnap and do a bit of rendition to one of those black sites said to be in Thailand.... oh wait, on the outs with US.... Israeli?

Ha Ha I wanna see them try to extradite her . . .too much slavish worship is not good for the intellect.

Parents probably just need to protect themselves.

I heard someone say something bad about my mate and it's insufferable to me that someone should say something so despicable so I am going around to the blokes house with a box of eggs . . . see you!

How about arresting egg thrower? Intimidation etc?

"Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition." Snowballs chance in Phuket that gonna happen. Maybe hire US intelligence to kidnap and do a bit of rendition to one of those black sites said to be in Thailand.... oh wait, on the outs with US.... Israeli?

Yes, I think egging is probably a crime in the UK, albeit a minor one, but the FB posting of the video certainly makes it more likely she could be prosecuted on grounds of intimidation or harassment or something similar to that. Not sure. Police probably not likely to take it too seriously unless they consider it a genuine threat of physical violence. I didn't actually watch the whole video and see if she threw any eggs, but I skipped to the end and she seemed to be carrying a box of some sort. Not sure if that was the eggs...

The police apparently compared the Rose extradition to the case of "Rakesh Saxena", an Indian financier, who was extradited to Thailand from Canada on fraud charges after a thirteen year battle.

Edited by Emptyset

A true Thai "patriot" took a video of herself throwing eggs at Rose's house in London. She claimed she'd "slap" Rose if she came out of the house. Apparently Rose has posted on FB that the house is actually her ex-husband's house, not where she lives now though.

Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition.

It takes a special kind of idiot to video themselves and post it online when committing a crime. The police are already investigating I hear. This girl would do well to realise she now lives in a country where freedom of speech is a birth right and intimidation is a crime. If she doesnt like it she can piss off back to Thailand.

Had to laugh at the dumb farrang driving her around meekly doing what hes told. Judging by the way shes dressed and talks I can make an educated guess of where they met.

84k likes so far:

Firstly for the egg thrower. It is almost like dealing with the branch dividians or the moonies.

I hope they throw the book at her, which probably only adds up to a fine, but pleas "grow up".

Good luck to the police with the extradition. I hope William Hague doesn't spoil the ink on the paper crying himself stupid with what to do with the paper.

This is not British law,and an Extradition order is highly unlikely!

However British Citizenship appears to be not as foolproof, and cut and dried as it used to be!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21783475

Edited by MAJIC

84k likes so far:

However British Citizen seems to be not as foolproof, and cut and dried as it used to be!

Being a terrorist overseas seems to be a line that cuts all ties.

Moaning about a foreign royal family doesn't constitute grounds for extradition. They took years to get rid of Abu Hamdza. A Thai for lese majeste. Never going to happen

Edited by Thai at Heart

84k likes so far:

However British Citizen seems to be not as foolproof, and cut and dried as it used to be!

Being a terrorist overseas seems to be a line that cuts all ties.

Moaning about a foreign royal family doesn't constitute grounds for extradition. They took years to get rid of Abu Hamdza. A Thai for lese majeste. Never going to happen

Abu Hamza was not a British citizen. Rose is a British citizen. So it is never going to happen.