Teaching while DJing on the side

My employer is going to process the work permit for me. So you mean to say these foreign djs in Thailand have a work permit specifically for djing?

If they are brought in on a short term basis, specifically for DJ and done fully legally then most certainly they have a WP, if they are here less then 14 days then a temporary WP would be pretty easy to get for this purpose

If you have a work permit for teaching music at a school or private that would be fine. To DJ outside of the work environment you are employed for would not be. If your employer for teaching music allows you to add a second place of work in your work permit you will be ok. I know many people that have held jobs with different employers and the work permit allows this as their are pages to add extra places of workplace. But if they do not want to go through the system of giving you a contract/salary then the labour office will not accept it..........then it is illegal in Thai law. Hope I helpedsmile.png

Edited by Eddy B

go to cambodia no problem Thailand was fine 30 years ago...I was one of the first people to go on the coconut boats to koh pangghan and off course the full moon parties were all foreign djs you can still do that in cambodia without any problem....What kind of sounds are you playing anyway

• Like 1

Work permit = permit to work

Work is not necessarily paid

Hence, anything you do which is not leisure is work

Therefore you need a work permit.

Is it possibly there is anyone who does not understand this very simple regulation?

Work permit = permit to work

Work is not necessarily paid

Hence, anything you do which is not leisure is work

Therefore you need a work permit.

Is it possibly there is anyone who does not understand this very simple regulation?

You should also add.

the work permit has a location listed on it. it is only valid at that location.

Edited by Spoonman

go to cambodia no problem Thailand was fine 30 years ago...I was one of the first people to go on the coconut boats to koh pangghan and off course the full moon parties were all foreign djs you can still do that in cambodia without any problem....What kind of sounds are you playing anyway

Are the Cambo clubs and raves chock full of farang silverhair refugees then?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Are the Cambo clubs and raves chock full of farang silverhair refugees then?

It wouldn't be much of a party without them! biggrin.png

• Like 1

silver hair is very IN for the young Japanese clubbers and im sure you will find a good few of them doing their thing in Cambodia.......Ageism has got nothing to do with clubbing raving and music full stop ......dont pretend to be cool young man

Woohoo!... "young man" eh?

I am gonna print that out and show it to the girls (the wife knows the silver truth already).