Finance Ministry still chasing funds in hopes of paying farmers

Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck should never have made these promises without having all the financing lined up beforehand. This fiasco is making her look terribly incompetent, and it is making it appear that her administration is being run by inexperienced children. This has become a real boil on the face of this government. Something needs to be done. I have a suggestion. Why doesn't every member of the administration forfeit their salary for two years, and all of that money can be used to pay the farmers, the money they have been promised, and have already earned?

Remember the dear caretaker PM/DM vowed that the farmers would be paid - several weeks ago and nothing happened. Just more hollow words aimed at buying time, telling people what they want to hear, and hoping the problems will go away or at least be able to be blamed on someone else.

Not so much incompetence as the inability to distinguish right from wrong, do the right thing or govern wisely. Note that whilst all this has been going on, her families wealth has increased 450% during her time in office. Not a bad performance eh? Wonder how and why they can manage to the family fortune so successfully but not the country?

And her answer - forget about it all, go home up North and enjoy Songkran. She didn't either bother to come back for her court case. Not a care in the world - certainly not a financial one.

No doubt big brother will sort it all out this weekend in HK. Wonder if he even bothers telling her anymore?

Maybe Thaksin could lend the money. He'd get it back so that wouldn't be a problem.

But, that would constitute an act of helping his country. He does not do that. Like several other vampires he just continues to suck the countries blood, and give nothing back. He cares not one iota for the country, or its people. It is all about him, his family, his money, his power, and his megalomania. That is it. Nothing more. The man is a coward, and a schill. A tiny man with little in the way of heart, soul, ethics, morality or compassion.

• Like 2

"The president of the Thai Farmers Association earlier submitted a letter to Mr. Yanyong, asking the government to continue with the rice mortgage program and borrow some extra money from the central budget to inject into the rice scheme."

Isn't that the organisation of 'real' farmers and the only one 'recognised' by the MoC ?

Again, just repeating those numbers does not answer my question, namely......

Why the need to borrow more if their finances are so healthy?

Because the system for the rice was bust from the beginning. It wasn't included in government borrowing because the premise was that it would be self funding. If they hadn't called the election, they would borrow from the markets, but today they are a temporary govt.

Money for salaries and all the rest is allocated, money for rice is not, but they can't enter the market and incur borrowing because the govt is in limbo.

If the civil service or army would agree to take a cut for a month or two, I guess the farmers would get paid.

Of course I knew that, just wanted someone else to say it.

So, they are basically incompetent.

I wouldn't trust them to be in charge of a Post Office Savings Book, let alone an entire country.

e

Because the system for the rice was bust from the beginning. It wasn't included in government borrowing because the premise was that it would be self funding. If they hadn't called the election, they would borrow from the markets, but today they are a temporary govt.

Money for salaries and all the rest is allocated, money for rice is not, but they can't enter the market and incur borrowing because the govt is in limbo.

If the civil service or army would agree to take a cut for a month or two, I guess the farmers would get paid.

Could you possibly explain why the money was not allocated before the house was dissolved ?

After all a fair proportion of the billions were already owed to the farmers before the dissolution and there must have been a very good idea of how much rice would come into the scheme between the date of dissolution and the earliest an election could be held given that said rice had already been pledged.

Now yinny is appearing before the NACC and her cronies are complaining that they cannot put up 2 more witnesses in her defence.

Now haven't they been overseeing this little fiasco and isn't this a part of the reason she is before the NACC?.

Maybe time to feed them all cyanide

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

e

Could you possibly explain why the money was not allocated before the house was dissolved ?

After all a fair proportion of the billions were already owed to the farmers before the dissolution and there must have been a very good idea of how much rice would come into the scheme between the date of dissolution and the earliest an election could be held given that said rice had already been pledged.

Assume that there was capacity within the budget or the borrowing ability of the government; and that they even got around to thinking about the rice scheme and farmers there is a very good reason why the would not have wanted to do that before a dissolution of the parliament.

Seeking additional funds would have meant admitting that the scheme was not working - if the scheme was not working then it would need to be changed or abandoned. How would the supporters of the government have reacted. It is far better for PTP to have to deal with that after an election.

I wouldn't trust them to be in charge of a Post Office Savings Book, let alone an entire country.

Well that's all as maybe, but of course, who would have predicted that a couple of months after the event there still wouldn't be a government.

They might be incompetent, but predicting the outcomes of any action vis a vis the election is hardly simple.

e

Because as far as I understand, it is not part of the standard budget. Since it is a commercial business of some sort with outgoings and incomings they haven't put it into the standard budget.

Their fib that it would be self funding has been found out. That said, there is nothing to indicate that they wouldn't be able to borrow the money to fund it, if they were on power. The ratings of Thailand are strong enough to fund it.

Well that's all as maybe, but of course, who would have predicted that a couple of months after the event there still wouldn't be a government.

They might be incompetent, but predicting the outcomes of any action vis a vis the election is hardly simple.

They were told time and time again by institutions more worthy than you and I that the rice scam was doomed to failure.

They were told time and time again by institutions more worthy than you and I that holding an election at that time was a bad idea.
They went ahead with both, they are not only thieves and liars but are also grossly incompetent.
And I also do not believe any numbers that come from the Thai Ministry of Anything.

They were told time and time again by institutions more worthy than you and I that the rice scam was doomed to failure.

They were told time and time again by institutions more worthy than you and I that holding an election at that time was a bad idea.

They went ahead with both, they are not only thieves and liars but are also grossly incompetent.

And I also do not believe any numbers that come from the Thai Ministry of Anything.

Well, the one figure I do believe is the debt to GDP, since, it was calculated at the end of Abhists time by the dems and the world. They have issued debt to the world, so the total is easily deduced.

So, Thailand is not bust.

Well, the one figure I do believe is the debt to GDP, since, it was calculated at the end of Abhists time by the dems and the world. They have issued debt to the world, so the total is easily deduced.

1. How long ago was that?

2. What money losing schemes have been running since then? ........ with the rest of the world not allowed to look at the books.

Not claiming Thailand is bust, but it is doing a good impression of whistling past the graveyard.

"Tanusak said the third procedure was the most transparent and there was no indication of corruption given that ...

... payments went straight into farmers' accounts".

But that's the whole crux of the problem ... they didn't....!!

That's not the whole crux of the problem, many farmers have been paid.

Many many more have not and THAT IS the crux of the problem.