Has anyone lost their CTH signal?

Pattaya Pat

It might need recalibrating happened to me some week's ago. I phoned the CTH local shop and they talked me through it but my CTH/TV set up is in English in Thai and I would have been lost.

I posted my reply just after you, you have the answer so now Pay your bill I pay mine yearly and save a couple of Thou Bt.

Edited by fredob43

It might need recalibrating happened to me some week's ago. I phoned the CTH local shop and they talked me through it but my CTH/TV set up is in English in Thai and I would have been lost.

I posted my reply just after you, you have the answer so now Pay your bill I pay mine yearly and save a couple of Thou Bt.

I can't pay my bill as they never sent me one even though I have phoned them, you chump.

Sorry to hear that.

All things being equal, I will have CTH up and running at Mobi's on 1st May, so you are welcome to drop by if your problem isn't solved by then.

Well there's a good chance it won't be. I'll be popping up anyway.

Are you ready to announce exactly where on the lake you will be yet?

Sorry to hear that.

All things being equal, I will have CTH up and running at Mobi's on 1st May, so you are welcome to drop by if your problem isn't solved by then.

I did that a few days ago, on post No.168 on the "name the bar" thread, with pics of the new sign on Post No. 173.

The coordinates are:12.920649,100.960816 and there's more stuff about it on my blog.

Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

I can't pay my bill as they never sent me one even though I have phoned them, you chump.

I think you are the 4th person I know of who has been disconnected for not paying, and like you they also asked for a bill but none came, one was told that CTH cannot issue bills, you just have to pay. Strange way to run a business.

Sorry to hear that.

I did that a few days ago, on post No.168 on the "name the bar" thread, with pics of the new sign on Post No. 173.

The coordinates are:12.920649,100.960816 and there's more stuff about it on my blog.

Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

I saw it last night, the sign looks good, nice colour.

See you soon.

I can well understand why many people have given up on CTH.

We had to clear a 5 month in arrears bill, and even when CTH acknowledged receipt of the money, they still couldn’t re-connect us as they said the man we faxed the details to was on holiday – even though they had given us his name – and they couldn’t access the fax.

We then sent a scanned email with the details but still no signal.

Eventually we had to call out a CTH engineer out and he spent over an hour on the phone to them and they still didn’t connect us, even though by this time they had found, the fax, the email and the payment receipt.

In the end we were told to leave the TV on and the signal was finally reconnected just before midnight…This all took 3 days.

Then yesterday I connected a second TV and was amazed when the second box worked immediately.

Without a good knowledge of spoken Tai it is virtually impossible to plough your way through the admin morass at CTH.

I used to think True Visions were pretty bad, but they were a model of efficiency compared to this shambolic crowd.

The name of the game is to make sure to pay every month and fax the details to CTH before the sub is due. You will not get a bill, and if you wait for one you will be cut off and it is a nightmare to get reconnected.

Anyway, we now have a 42 inch and 50 inch TV up and running, and if all goes well over the next few days, Mobi’s will have a ‘soft opening’ on Saturday, May 3rd - in time to watch the weekend’s football and Grand Prix.

I will confirm this in due course and hope to see some of you there.

Is this the new free advertising thread?

If it is, then I must thank you for bumping it to the top of the thread list.

I really don't understand people like you who seem to resent those who are trying to do something productive. You had a pop at Expat TV because you said they got their programmes for nothing and now you take a pop at me.

I assume you have nothing better to do with your time, and I can only refer you to my post No. 192 on the 'Naming of the bar' thread.

As they say .. there's no such thing as bad publicity.... so 'pop away'.....thumbsup.gif

I really don't understand people like you who seem to resent those who are trying to do something productive. You had a pop at Expat TV because you said they got their programmes for nothing and now you take a pop at me.

I see no pops. Just passing comments, and valid ones I think.

Ignore them or not as you wish; it makes absolutely no difference to me.

You take your contract details with you to any branch of bangkok bank and they will help you fill in the payment form and you pay over the cash.

If you havent been cut off you should be ok. But if you have you will have to fax a copy of the payment slip to cth and spend a couple of days on the phone to them before you will get reconnected.

If you need any more help visit Mobi's on or after 3rd May and my gf can assist as she has been through the process.

Fwiw I wasn't disconnected by CTH, something has happened to the signal caused by the dish that was put up by the scammers in the CTH dealer on Pattaya Tai. The people running that shop should be in jail, but that's another story. The gf is talking to CTH now who are being co-operative, but unlikely I'll be up and running by the weekend...

Fwiw I wasn't disconnected by CTH, something has happened to the signal caused by the dish that was put up by the scammers in the CTH dealer on Pattaya Tai. The people running that shop should be in jail, but that's another story.

I thought that dish installation was a set charge dictated by CTH?

Fwiw I wasn't disconnected by CTH, something has happened to the signal caused by the dish that was put up by the scammers in the CTH dealer on Pattaya Tai. The people running that shop should be in jail, but that's another story. The gf is talking to CTH now who are being co-operative, but unlikely I'll be up and running by the weekend...

Yeah, the CTH engineer who came to get us connected gave us his business card that offered the same service as CTH at a fraction of the price, but I wasn't interested.

The last thing I need is a CTH sponsored police raid in the middle of a football match...

These guys are amazing aren't they? Back in the day when I used to use True Visions (or UBC as they then were), the engineers were also up to all manner private scams, like installing illegal splitter boxes etc to multiple TV's with no increase in subscription. When I built my house in Pattaya 10 years ago I requested multiple points for TVs in the bedroom etc from the UBC engineer, and it wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out that the whole set up was illegal - I thought it was legit....silly me...

Very entrepreneurial of them.....

Fwiw I wasn't disconnected by CTH, something has happened to the signal caused by the dish that was put up by the scammers in the CTH dealer on Pattaya Tai. The people running that shop should be in jail, but that's another story.

I thought that dish installation was a set charge dictated by CTH?

I really don't know, it is all a little confusing. I did initially pay for the dish to the cowboys in Pattaya Tai, normally you would only pay for the box (all part of the scam you see) I thought that wasn't right at the time. I did query it but was met with the usual balony so I ended up letting it go in the end, I was just happy to have the thing installed before the new season started back in August. It now transpires that we have never been billed because CTH did not have our correct address, they had my wifes ID details etc but not the correct address (again, all part of the scam) It also states that we have 2 boxes, but we only have 1. The problem with our signal according to CTH is that it is now showing as Thaicom 5 instead of Vinnesat 2 (whatever that means) which is why we can't get a signal, engineer coming 'soon' to sort it out. To be fair CTH have been pretty good since all this come to light and do call to update.

Basically, we have been the victim of a small scam and I'm sure others have too, after CTH gained rights to the Premeir League, the whole thing has been a mess and some have obviosly taken advantage of that. I'm waiting with baited breath to find out if I have to pay the backdated bills, which add up to around 7k, but hopefully it will be a clean slate from now. At least with the signal not working we have now got to, or getting to, the bottom of it.

I was never comfortable with receiving a free service and never getting a bill, something was gonna give at some point, it always does.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Yeah, the CTH engineer who came to get us connected gave us his business card that offered the same service as CTH at a fraction of the price, but I wasn't interested.

The last thing I need is a CTH sponsored police raid in the middle of a football match...

These guys are amazing aren't they? Back in the day when I used to use True Visions (or UBC as they then were), the engineers were also up to all manner private scams, like installing illegal splitter boxes etc to multiple TV's with no increase in subscription. When I built my house in Pattaya 10 years ago I requested multiple points for TVs in the bedroom etc from the UBC engineer, and it wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out that the whole set up was illegal - I thought it was legit....silly me...

Very entrepreneurial of them.....

Can't say I'm surpised with any off that, although I don't think that is as likely to happen now with TRUE. CTH are the new cowboys on the blocklaugh.png

I've just got back after 4 weeks in UK and my CTH channels are all mixed up; e.g Stadium 1 was channel 131 and is now channel 56. There also seem to be some old channels missing. Was a notice put out by CTH? Does anyone have any info? I've looked at the CTH website but there's no complete new channel schedule. Thanks in advance.