BA Flight from BKK to Heathrow leaving 11:20am

OK thanks. Basically TG, which is not an option for me.

Also I fly on to Edinburgh.

KLM operates night flights on China Airlines only. Other two KLM operated are dayflights, (the second slot/option takes 24 hours) and has two transfers.

Eva Air is a dayflight.

Swiss Air & Austrian are options, but I don't know what the connections are like. But thanks for that. I have tried many other combinations; previously I liked KLM or Air France, BA, Finnair, Lufthansa, but now they are no longer operating night flights.

TG has obviously cornered the market, but from my understanding their product in Business is not very good, and their prices are much higher.

Edited by samtam

How about Thai Airways biggrin.png

Some nonstop night flights to Europe.

London: Eva Air, Thai Airways

Paris: Thai Airways (A380!)

Amsterdam: KLM (2) and Air China

Frankfurt: Thai Airways (A380!)

Zurich: Thai Airways, Swiss

Vienna: Austrian

Helsinki: none whistling.gif

Stockholm: Thai Airways

Oslo: Thai Airways

Copenhagen: Thai Airways

Rome: Thai Airways

Madrid: Thai Airways

KLM and Air France changed their global schedules some time last year and their flights from Europe typically leave late afternoon and arrive Bangkok early morning next day (overnight flight). The return flights depart Bangkok before mid-day and arrive in Europe early evening (daylight flight).

Swiss, Austrian and Lufthansa have good connections.

No idea about the price.

Qatar Airways flies very late (2:40h in the morning) and arrives Edinburgh at 13:15h (1 Stop at Doha).

Total travel time 16:35h. Probably not what you look for (first leg 6:50h to Doha).

Edited by KhunBENQ

KLM operates night flights on China Airlines only. Other two KLM operated are dayflights, (the second slot/option takes 24 hours) and has two transfers.

Eva Air is a dayflight.

Swiss Air & Austrian are options, but I don't know what the connections are like. But thanks for that. I have tried many other combinations; previously I liked KLM or Air France, BA, Finnair, Lufthansa, but now they are no longer operating night flights.

TG has obviously cornered the market, but from my understanding their product in Business is not very good, and their prices are much higher.

A French friend of mine who pops back home regularly tried Austrian for the first time last year as it came up cheapest.He was pleasantly surprised by the service, decent transfer times as well as good price.

A few years back, I managed a steal of a Business airfare on SAS via Copenhagen for a family trip back home. However, they are on the 'traditional' evening departure to Europe, morning departure to Bangkok model.

Swiss connection on return flight is 11 hours.

Lufthansa do not have night flights to Europe from Bangkok. Their scheduling shows Bangkok to Beijing (!) on Air China, connecting in Beijing. It takes 23 hours.

Connecting flights to Edinburgh from Vienna cannot be booked online, so I don't know how good/bad/feasible the connection is/n't.

Edited by samtam

Swiss, Austrian and Lufthansa have good connections.

No idea about the price.

Qatar Airways flies very late (2:40h in the morning) and arrives Edinburgh at 13:15h (1 Stop at Doha).

Total travel time 16:35h. Probably not what you look for (6:50h to Doha).

Austrian are owned by Lufthansa.

I don't know about Biz but the economy seating of both is the tightest of any carrier I have used.

Qatar are very good but check the stopover times.

Actually the Qatar option is a good one - thank you, (despite the late departure), and good pricing. It uses the Dreamliner, which I've never been on, and despite the hoardes, should be OK in Business, I imagine.

Edited by samtam

What is the meal schedule on this flight? I plan to sleep soon after take off with the help of a sleeping potion, and then wake after about 5 hours to fit in with UK time. As previously stated in another thread, I lament the loss of all night flights from Bangkok to Europe. Only serious hubs like Singapore and Hong Kong provide that alternative, and using those routes from here adds considerably to the flying time.

Rang BA - meal service is lunch and dinner, so I shall skip lunch and sleep, and eat dinner upon waking.

Edited by samtam

Just had a look to the seat maps of Austrian and Qatar.

Austrian on this route is 31 to 33 inch pitch (30 on other routes).

Qatar is 33 inch on BKK - DOH.

But the "dream"liner to Edinburg is shown with 31 inch pitch wink.png

Same is BA BBK LHR (31 pitch, 17.5 width).

Tight.

So Austrian (and Qatar) nothing exceptional.

Worst airlines is China Southern (A330, 29 inch).

A couple of 30 inch airlines/planes, among them Air Canada.

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

Edited by KhunBENQ

Flew BA10 yesterday. If you want eye candy, look elsewhere. If you want professionalism and a fair dinkum flight for the money, you could do a lot worse.

I have flown BA10 twice this year and both times the blinds were lowered.

I did this flight at the end of February and the cabin staff did indeed put down the window blinds and put out the lights to encourage us to sleep once they had fed us.

And they turn up the heating so it makes all the passengers fall asleep....

An old trick...I learned years,ago...

• Like 2

I have a small amount of Diazapam form the UK for flying and 10 tablets from Cambodia a friend bought over. I only use them for flying to calm me before and during. The americans rave about Xanax so when another friend went to Cambodia I asked him to buy me a few packs thinking he would get a few packs of 10...

I now have 3 packs of 100!!! Tried 0.5mg for the first tiem at home the other day as I dont really want to trial on a plane and didnt really notice the effects that much tbh. Prefer Valium.

If you take any sort of sleeping pill when flying, what do you do if you can't get a window seat, and you keep having to rise every time someone wants to go to the toilet?

Eva Air is a dayflight.

I have flown Thai Airways Business Class quite a few times, and they are good, actually prefer them over any other Carrier I have flown.... Well,worth a try...

I have a small amount of Diazapam form the UK for flying and 10 tablets from Cambodia a friend bought over. I only use them for flying to calm me before and during. The americans rave about Xanax so when another friend went to Cambodia I asked him to buy me a few packs thinking he would get a few packs of 10...

I now have 3 packs of 100!!! Tried 0.5mg for the first tiem at home the other day as I dont really want to trial on a plane and didnt really notice the effects that much tbh. Prefer Valium.

If you take any sort of sleeping pill when flying, what do you do if you can't get a window seat, and you keep having to rise every time someone wants to go to the toilet?

I get the isle seat either side of the middle 3 with my wife on the isle seat opposite me. Basically usually means I have a couple next to me and they can bug each other when they need to go to the toilet. I am out for the count.