Do I even have to do a 90 day report?

When you do your 90 day report they don't actually stamp your passport, they staple another form in it with the new report date. If they stamped it every 90 days you would run out of pages real fast.

1736 posts from you. Is this the first time you have entered Thailand ? Seems odd.

Perhaps the first time with a OA visa or an extension of stay I would say, Nothing odd about that.

I haven't flown into the country since I got my first extension and that was about the same time I joined TV.

• Like 1

1736 posts from you. Is this the first time you have entered Thailand ? Seems odd.

Not so odd circusman. I've entered Thailand more than fifty times and have previously lived here (twice). My very first ever 90 day report (O/A visa) is due just four days after OP's. Edited by Songhua

When you do your 90 day report they don't actually stamp your passport, they staple another form in it with the new report date. If they stamped it every 90 days you would run out of pages real fast.

And then when you exit from Swampy, they completely ignore the form....

Yes.

If you are in the country for more than 90 days you must do a report at your local immigration office.

Must? More like you're supposed to do a report, but it hardly ever matters if you don't.

If you obtained a multiple entry Non-O visa back in your country through a Thai consulate,, you'll have to leave Thailand every 90 days If not:

I had just sent mine to the Immigration. You should be there in person the first time and make sure that they're okay to send it in via EMS. Takes only three days and you'll have your new slip.

You can also send your wife doing that for you. Important is that you'll have to have the first page, the arrival card and the visa page copied and send to them with a TM 47 form.

This form is downloadable here on TVF, you can fill it out on your computer, then you'll only have to change the date next time.

Yes.

If you are in the country for more than 90 days you must do a report at your local immigration office.

Must? More like you're supposed to do a report, but it hardly ever matters if you don't.

People that have paid the 2000 baht fine for being late or not reporting might disagree with you.

It is also possible to be charged the max fine of 5000 baht.

• Like 1

the 90 day reporting requirement should be stamped on a white paper they usually staple in your passport.

mine is called a "receipt of notification" and is stapled to the inside of the back cover.

as mine is due to a 90 extension yours may have a different title..but you would (should) have

been given some kind of notification with your passport when they gave it back to you. they

almost always staple it inside your passport somewhere.

look through your passport for a white paper that wasn't there when you gave them your passport

on arrival.

Edited by somchy

If you obtained a multiple entry Non-O visa back in your country through a Thai consulate,, you'll have to leave Thailand every 90 days If not:

I had just sent mine to the Immigration. You should be there in person the first time and make sure that they're okay to send it in via EMS. Takes only three days and you'll have your new slip.

You can also send your wife doing that for you. Important is that you'll have to have the first page, the arrival card and the visa page copied and send to them with a TM 47 form.

This form is downloadable here on TVF, you can fill it out on your computer, then you'll only have to change the date next time.

Where can I find the form?

Perhaps the first time with a OA visa or an extension of stay I would say, Nothing odd about that.

I haven't flown into the country since I got my first extension and that was about the same time I joined TV.

I joined ThaiVisaDotCom after I got my PR in 2002, so is that odd to you as well "cirus-man" ?

Coffee please coffee1.gif

Where can I find the form?

PDF download http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

Word: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm47.doc

• Like 1

the 90 day reporting requirement should be stamped on a white paper they usually staple in your passport.

mine is called a "receipt of notification" and is stapled to the inside of the back cover.

as mine is due to a 90 extension yours may have a different title..but you would (should) have

been given some kind of notification with your passport when they gave it back to you. they

almost always staple it inside your passport somewhere.

look through your passport for a white paper that wasn't there when you gave them your passport

on arrival.

The OP didn't get an extension at immigration, he arrived at the airport with an OA visa. So there will not be any paper stapled in his passport reminding of the 90 day report.

Sophon

Correct. The 90-day reporting is for people continuously STAYING INSIDE THAILAND where each single stay exceeds 90 days and the 'white form' they staple inside is like an appointment reminder and not much else.

When you depart from the country, you are... get this, LEAVING THAILAND. The clock is no longer running or applicable and the notice of reporting has no value or significance either. The next 90-day clock starts the day the visa holder re-enters LOS. Capiche?

For the OP, I would suggest making a note to go and renew first week of May as your 90-days falls on a Saturday 3rd. Depending on what Immigration office you will be dealing with you may be better doing it before that weekend. However, they will mostly accept you filing your report on the Monday after it is due.

Edited by NanLaew

Correct. The 90-day reporting is for people continuously STAYING INSIDE THAILAND where each single stay exceeds 90 days and the 'white form' they staple inside is like an appointment reminder and not much else.

When you depart from the country, you are... get this, LEAVING THAILAND. The clock is no longer running or applicable and the notice of reporting has no value or significance either. The next 90-day clock starts the day the visa holder re-enters LOS. Capiche?

For the OP, I would suggest making a note to go and renew first week of May as your 90-days falls on a Saturday 3rd. Depending on what Immigration office you will be dealing with you may be better doing it before that weekend. However, they will mostly accept you filing your report on the Monday after it is due.

report due 3rd of may sat can go before no problem

Edited by MikeandDow

7 days before and 7 days after is acceptable and some say there is a 14 day after policy BUT I wouldn't trust it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"7 days before and 7 days after is acceptable and some say there is a 14 day after policy BUT I wouldn't trust it."

15 days before and 7 days after !

When posting it is helpful to others if accuracy is ensured.

Edited by thepool

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"7 days before and 7 days after is acceptable and some say there is a 14 day after policy BUT I wouldn't trust it."

so according to the pool which is it 7days before or 15 days before, need to post accurate info ( The way you have posted can cause confusion )

Edited by MikeandDow

so according to the pool which is it 7days before or 15 days before, need to post accurate info ( The way you have posted can cause confusion )

It is 15 days before until 7 days after. From the immigration website.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
  • Like 1

Tywais : Regarding No. 5, is only the first extension of stay equivalent to a ninety-day report or is each extension equivalent? I re-entered on January 20th but extended my stay for one year on April 17th so didn't submit a ninety-day report. Should I have submitted one or was it not necessary?

Tywais : Regarding No. 5, is only the first extension of stay equivalent to a ninety-day report or is each extension equivalent? I re-entered on January 20th but extended my stay for one year on April 17th so didn't submit a ninety-day report. Should I have submitted one or was it not necessary?

Only the first extension is considered a report, subsequent extensions do not come into the equation. So 90 days from April 17th, April 17 counts as day one, you are required to submit a 90 day address verification report.

The extension on April 17th was my second extension so am I delinquent in not submitting a ninety-day report at the same time that I got my extension? I will be traveling to Japan for a couple of months beginning on May 20th. Should I now do a late ninety-day report and pay a fine? I misunderstood (I think) that I didn't need to report if I obtained my yearly extension before the date that I was due to report. Thanks for your advice.