Cops to crackdown on illegal Bangkok nightlife

May just be cynical , but if fines are only 2k... Can't be much tea money involved

But if the fines were 60-200 k ... The tea money to stay open after hours must also increase proportionally, right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo you hit the nail on the head. This is the real reason for increasing the fines.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I meant, in the shadows, at night, hidden from sight,

the old and rich thai way

not the blasting discos

And why is that a good thing? Sure, roadside bars make a lot of noise and mess but which specific "blasting discos" do you think are an issue?

Wish I could have taken odds on how long it took for the forum "wizards" to exercise their keen perception and speculate on a police corruption angle.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Yeah, like it actually takes master wizardry, the keenest perception, and wild speculation when it comes to police corruption. The cat's sort of out of the bag, and I don't think you missed such a grand wagering opportunity, so take off the rose-coloreds & relax.

not the blasting discos

And why is that a good thing? Sure, roadside bars make a lot of noise and mess but which specific "blasting discos" do you think are an issue?

the soi cowboy type

it is time to clean up thailand

not the blasting discos

the soi cowboy type

Sorry, what does that mean? Like which clubs do you consider "the Soi Cowboy type"- I'm not being deliberately stupid here, I just don't understand what you mean by that- which clubs specifically?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand is becoming more like the west everyday, Fines and restrictions always increased, If the authorities dont watch out they wont have a tourism industry as people could have more fun in their home countries.

Nothing much has changed in 30 years in Thailand. And the tourists still flock to Thailand and always will. Your completely wrong.

I'd have to agree with Shirtless.. the main point he made being "if".. and when.. it is happening, slowly but surely.. as i see it, crackdown on nightlife, which is why many tourists come here, will surely diminish. If they held true to the 1:00 close times, I'd bet tourism would slow to almost non-existent. Many come here because of the Freedom which seems to exist. Why put any curfew on adults, if the aren't infringing on the peace of others? I am nocturnal and if they imposed this with an iron fist, i would be on the next flight..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thailand is becoming more like the west everyday, Fines and restrictions always increased, If the authorities dont watch out they wont have a tourism industry as people could have more fun in their home countries.

Nothing much has changed in 30 years in Thailand. And the tourists still flock to Thailand and always will. Your completely wrong.

I'd have to agree with Shirtless.. the main point he made being "if".. and when.. it is happening, slowly but surely.. as i see it, crackdown on nightlife, which is why many tourists come here, will surely diminish. If they held true to the 1:00 close times, I'd bet tourism would slow to almost non-existent. Many come here because of the Freedom which seems to exist. Why put any curfew on adults, if the aren't infringing on the peace of others? I am nocturnal and if they imposed this with an iron fist, i would be on the next flight..

and they will put you in the taxi, and wave goodbye

they dont want this anymore

• Like 1

the soi cowboy type

Sorry, what does that mean? Like which clubs do you consider "the Soi Cowboy type"- I'm not being deliberately stupid here, I just don't understand what you mean by that- which clubs specifically?

Why try to "clean up" or change Thailand when we all came here and love it for what it is and has been? Because someone thinks it is "dirty"?? Part of Freedom is allowing people to pursue what they wish as long as they bring no harm to others. If you don't like it, don't participate.

You want tourist but asked them go back to sleep 12 p.m like Cinderella , fun just begin 10.00 p.m - 11.00 p.m main income for district office post to make extra, why silly politician make such laws many vibrate cities like Hong Kong ,Singapore and Kuala Lumpur which never sleep, leave the adult alone as long as not children under 18 roaming after 10.00 p.m that is fine.

Such control makes more illegal discos and pubs, which you can see in dark lane but many people walking in and out.

The demand is there the government should collect more taxes if let them operate legally and in other ways.

whats wrong with going to bed at 12 pm? Most tourists ( men at least ) seem to be drunk at midday already. If you only come here for drinking you are missing all the fun during the day. I like a drink and some fun with the girls as much as the next man but you can have all that before 12 pm why must everything be taken to excess.

• Like 1

the soi cowboy type

Why try to "clean up" or change Thailand when we all came here and love it for what it is and has been? Because someone thinks it is "dirty"?? Part of Freedom is allowing people to pursue what they wish as long as they bring no harm to others. If you don't like it, don't participate.

Because,

they want more Convention traffic and more condo's

they also want to raise themselves, and get rid of entirely, everything you say you came here for,

when in reality, that real estate is worth far more than drunks, dancers and bar girls

thailand wants to grow up,

they arent making jack squat from you,

and want you to go home

• Like 1

@scarpolo

You seem a bit confused - the article is about cracking down on out of hours bars and clubs across the board- not the sex industry (of which the Thais themselves make up the majority of users).

Wouldn't normally ask this but have you actually been to Bangkok before? you don't seem to know

much about what you're commenting on.

Edited by Rumblecat
  • Like 2

No, what you mean is, ' if they shut down what Thailand is infamous for, the sex tourism will decline'. So, given that Thailand has very little else to offer than overpriced beaches, they invited you to partake, and now they're pulling the sex'n'booze rug from under your feet. A la Purachai laugh.png

Edited by jpeg

@scarpolo

You seem a bit confused - the article is about cracking down on out of hours bars and clubs across the board- not the sex industry (of which the Thais themselves make up the majority of users).

Wouldn't normally ask this but have you actually been to Bangkok before? you don't seem to know

not confused at all, and I didnt mix the two,

you did

No, what you mean is, ' if they shut down what Thailand is infamous for, the sex tourism will decline'. So, given that Thailand has very little else to offer than overpriced beaches. They invited you to partake, and now, once again, they're pulling the sex'n'booze rug from under your feet laugh.png

they want Chinese and Far Eastern business and commerce, and their families

they no longer want pensioners and back packers

they will also become smarter on real estate taxes

they have american guidance, and, they have an expanding FBI here now too

they mean to clean it up, and they will,

that sex workers will have to back home, or go inside, is not their problem

@scarpolo

you did

Apologies, can you explain what you mean by "Soi Cowboy style" after hours clubs? like the names of them? because it's a weird concept that doesn't fit with the after hours clubs I know, but I might just be misunderstanding.

I'm not getting the link to real estate and after hours bars either. go go bars and adult entertainment districts, sure, but not where after hours bars are.

Edited by Rumblecat

@scarpolo

you did

Apologies, can you explain what you mean by "Soi Cowboy style" after hours clubs? like the names of them? because it's a weird concept that doesn't fit with the after hours clubs I know, but I might just be misunderstanding.

I'm not getting the link to real estate and after hours bars either. go go bars and adult entertainment districts, sure, but not where after hours bars are.

I didnt frequent them, so I really do not know,

but a fine example is Rachatapizeck, (spelling)

there are large clubs with parking lots there, that are on the footprint of a 50 story condo and restaurant complex

I have never seen them open, so I cannot even tell you if they are still in business or not

The goal of the city, is to raise its image and be more appealing to the Chinese and their families

you need only see that the restrictions for China and Japan are being lowered, whereas they are not, for anyone else

I used to love Bangkok, day or night. Couldn't lived there, though, no parks or natural landscape of any king (mall, mall, mall), too much construction everywhere. But when Taksin's Purachai legislated the midnight closing law, I thought, what kind of major holiday destination's capital does this? Are they mad? Purachai's intention was to 'cut down on drinking', along with the restricted-unless-you-pay, orrrrr, are an m&p shop selling local hooch all day,but went too far by encompassing restaurants/non girly bars. You really can't take the monkey out of the jungle, no matter how much clout it has.

The result? Nothing but darkness after only midnight, with many tourists (not sex tourists), wondering where they could go other than back to their overpriced hotel mini bars. And this was on Silom. I mean really. How &lt;deleted&gt; thick are they?

Everybody..

just relax. if you know where to go, you will still be welcome until 5 a.m. Ask around.

We have a few....even in Udon Thani, where you can go until 5am. The best part is, all the gals go to these holdouts when the other bars close. You can scoop them up with a small fishnet.

You want tourist but asked them go back to sleep 12 p.m like Cinderella , fun just begin 10.00 p.m - 11.00 p.m main income for district office post to make extra, why silly politician make such laws many vibrate cities like Hong Kong ,Singapore and Kuala Lumpur which never sleep, leave the adult alone as long as not children under 18 roaming after 10.00 p.m that is fine.

Such control makes more illegal discos and pubs, which you can see in dark lane but many people walking in and out.

The demand is there the government should collect more taxes if let them operate legally and in other ways.

whats wrong with going to bed at 12 pm? Most tourists ( men at least ) seem to be drunk at midday already. If you only come here for drinking you are missing all the fun during the day. I like a drink and some fun with the girls as much as the next man but you can have all that before 12 pm why must everything be taken to excess.

First of all midnight is 12:00am and 2nd of all there is nothing wrong with going to bed at any time you please, just not necessarily when someone else thinks it's the "right time" or when you try to tell others what is "proper".. we are all different and all have different biological clocks and what is wrong with waking at 12:00am and then going out till the sun comes up if that is what one likes?? Many don't like the sun or daytime fun and prefer night-time fun, Why is it excess if someone likes to live life during the opposite hours you do?

Everybody..

just relax. if you know where to go, you will still be welcome until 5 a.m. Ask around.

We have a few....even in Udon Thani, where you can go until 5am. The best part is, all the gals go to these holdouts when the other bars close. You can scoop them up with a small fishnet.

And so, what you are admitting is that this country has nothing to offer by way of 'entertainment', other than whorehouses ? Yes? Be honest now laugh.png

1. Yes, I personally know of domestic the sex trade and 2. They're not not 'culturally different', they're just apes who haven't 'got it' yet. See the difference? blink.png

Edited by jpeg