Yingluck to send defence if court denies plea for extra time

webfact

Yingluck to send defence if court denies plea for extra time
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will send defence documents to the Constitutional Court today in case the court disallows her request for more time,

PM's Secretary General Suranand Vejjajiva said yesterday.

The Constitutional Court judges are scheduled to consider today whether to give Yingluck more time to defend herself in the case over the transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri.

Suranand said that in case she does not receive more time, the lawyer team will send all documents to the court today.

Under the court procedure, a defendant can request a 15-day extension of the deadline to submit a defence, but the judges must give their consent.

The court earlier this month agreed to rule on Yingluck's status after the Supreme Administrative Court declared the transfer of Thawil by Yingluck was unlawful. Before the deadline last week, Yingluck had her lawyer submit a request for a 15-day extension from last Friday.

Suranand also denied reports that Yingluck was scheduled to go abroad.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-23

Send defense ?

Is she not actually required to turn up ?

No she doesn't. There you go short, succinct and to the point. This is a hearing not a criminal proceeding.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suranand also denied reports that Yingluck was scheduled to go abroad.

Drag her in because there is every reason to suggest flight risk. If she is not dragged in and does a runner then NOBODY can claim that they had no idea. The entire edifice is rotten to the core which is quite unusual for me to say unless referring to the Catholic Church.

No CTPM Yingluck has to much to loose to be a flight risk and Yingluck has seen the end result in her brother, not a good option. The other matter you could be right.

The letter will be very short as she has no defence against a blatant case of Nepotism,

" I was elected so I can do what I want and disregard the laws of Thailand "

or

" My brother told me to do it "

• Like 1

Scheduled to go abroad ?

A one way ticket by any chance ?

Not scheduled to go abroad.

i am well aware of that but a little sarcasm goes a long way.

Your really must have a miserable life if all you have is looking for potential mistakes made by others but enjoy anyway..

Not scheduled to go abroad? This must be the longest period Ms. Yingluck has been in Thailand since her brother's party won the elections.

BTW. she's under investigation, she's still (somehow) caretaker PM. I assume she doesn't need permission from the E.C. or others if she want to or has to travel abroad?

Send defense ?

Is she not actually required to turn up ?

No she doesn't. There you go short, succinct and to the point. This is a hearing not a criminal proceeding.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The majority of posters seem to think this is some kind of criminal proceeding. As you have stated it is not. It is a hearing - at best her punishment would be to be barred from public service - something i somehow feel would suit her.

so she wants an extra 15 days but can send in her defence today, just goes to show how stupid she really is doesnt it, She contaradicts herself in one sentence, she wants extra time to defend herself but already has the documents done up to defend herself now. Just goes to show why she doesnt want to actually do any talking herself, she is too stupid to be even make up a sentence that make sense, definitely dumb as dog sh*t, the mental disorder is strong with this one........

• Like 2

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will send defense documents to the Constitutional Court today if court denies plea for more time.

So, if she can't get another extension, here's all the defense documents; the defense rests its case, your honors.

I don't know what to make of someone who is supposed to appear in front of the highest court in the land but if they can't get an extension doesn't show up but sends documents instead, and then ??? Sounds like she will not be appearing in any court under any circumstances. Probably crying into her suitcases now.

Yingluck and Pheu Thai have been so consistent with their strategy that it is now completely obvious that all she is doing - and all she has ever been doing with the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission - is stall, stall, stall. That in itself is bad enough ( the fact that it's painfully and comically transparent, though, makes it worse ) but she is also showing disrespect for the court. Is it really too much to ask her to show up today ? By showing respect for the court she could not only endeavour to make amends for all those facebook postings, public addresses, CAPO warnings, cabinet ministers's cautions, Surapong's and Chalerm's " friendly " advice, and the daily bashing of the UDD - but she might just impress the judges. Her behavior is so unseemly. But if she honestly can't bring herself to talk to anyone in the judicial process at any point now or in the foreseeable or even distant future - then give up facebook, give up talking to the courts through the media. And give up the pretense of feigning responsibility.

• Like 1

Just submitted my full defense.... Just in case I am not given time to prepare it.

Hilarious gaffe.....

What would be even funnier, is if they accept the defense papers and then give her an extension to prepare what they already have.

Not beyond the realms of possibility in Thailand where everything illogical is the order of the day.

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 1

Playing a poor hand.

She admits she is ready to defend herself, albeit not in person.

The Courts should read into that, that she does not need an extension, and not grant one.

Finish Her.

She has no defence and that is why she/her lawyers need more time to try and find one. Hasn't she already been found that she shouldn't have transferred the guy and he has been reinstated to his former position by the Court (In the Guys appeal case)?

Just submitted my full defense.... Just in case I am not given time to prepare it.

Hilarious gaffe.....

What would be even funnier, is if they accept the defense papers and then give her an extension to prepare what they already have.

Not beyond the realms of possibility in Thailand where everything illogical is the order of the day.

Have sent this to the Guiness Book of Records

has to go down as the best quote of modern politics

• Like 1

Not scheduled to go abroad? This must be the longest period Ms. Yingluck has been in Thailand since her brother's party won the elections.

BTW. she's under investigation, she's still (somehow) caretaker PM. I assume she doesn't need permission from the E.C. or others if she want to or has to travel abroad?

Very true, but the length of her trip could add another dimension.

Scheduled to go abroad ?

A one way ticket by any chance ?

She's 'a broad' with no accountability, skill and no excuses left; nor was ever taught consequences nor right from wrong in a smug shell of benefits from the graft on the backs of the common people. Its catching up; just procrastinating the inevitable reaction to nothing but bad actions. Shameless woman, your days are numbered and you know it!

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1