Top Gear producer admits Jeremy Clarkson's 'slope' remark WAS joke about Asian man

webfact

Desperate old man looking for a bit more publicity...

Earns estimated $4 million a year, dividends and bonus from owning a fair share of the Top Gear show $13 million per year and with replays an estimated audience of 350 million. worth $50 million, wished I was as desperate.

My post didn't actually mention money.

OK so he is seeking publicity with an audience of 350 million world wide, OK understand where your coming from.cheesy.gif

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on! The British are known for their borderline humor and it's about time certain Asian countries developed a bit if a thicker skin! The joke was only made because the bridge was hanging to one side, but some people just have to read something else into it! Why is this even news!?

Oh yeah? Tell me, why did the Brits take the word 'Pom' to the UN to have it ruled as racially discriminative?

What's good for the goose...

They had been living in Australia to long, based in Australia Poms not UK based Poms who don't mind the term. They were Aussie Poms.

i would like to thank all the haters that have made such a fuss and got this all over the media as id forgotton the show was on and ive now managed to fill in my evenings having a laugh at someone whos made a very good living out of OUTRAGING boring people.....

The report mentions millions in damages so the producer is a complete plonker to say that 'slope' referred to the person on the bridge, how does he know? Plausible denial should be the policy, after all I am sure that most viewers did not know that 'slope' meant an Asian person, and in fact still don't.

Earns estimated $4 million a year, dividends and bonus from owning a fair share of the Top Gear show $13 million per year and with replays an estimated audience of 350 million. worth $50 million, wished I was as desperate.

OK so he is seeking publicity with an audience of 350 million world wide, OK understand where your coming from.cheesy.gif

I don't know if you read the Sunday Times but Clarkson writes two columns for it every week. In both of those columns it's plain to see how he strains to put as many 'controversial' remarks in as possible just to maintain his reputation as a 'bad boy'. He's pathetic.

Unfortunately for me I'm interested in cars - unfortunately because the only TV programme about cars in the UK means I have to watch the buffoon and his schoolyard antics.

I don't know if you read the Sunday Times but Clarkson writes two columns for it every week. In both of those columns it's plain to see how he strains to put as many 'controversial' remarks in as possible just to maintain his reputation as a 'bad boy'. He's pathetic.

Unfortunately for me I'm interested in cars - unfortunately because the only TV programme about cars in the UK means I have to watch the buffoon and his schoolyard antics.

5th gear, but after watching that for a while, one gets bored and eventually goes back to watching TG

I never heard that term being used by anyone. So the silly Indian chick is to blame for it being in the public eye.

Jeremy should sue her.

I thought a slope was a curve or side of a mountain. Nobody in the USA uses that term unless skiing.

Get your head out of the snow. The term "slope" is a derogatory racial slur for Asians. It was commonly used by American GIs duringthe Vietnam war to refer to Vietnamese. The fact that you have not heard it simply makes you uninformed.

How many people less than 50 years old will remember slang from the Vietnam war?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on! The British are known for their borderline humor and it's about time certain Asian countries developed a bit if a thicker skin! The joke was only made because the bridge was hanging to one side, but some people just have to read something else into it! Why is this even news!?

Oh yeah? Tell me, why did the Brits take the word 'Pom' to the UN to have it ruled as racially discriminative?

They had been living in Australia to long, based in Australia Poms not UK based Poms who don't mind the term. They were Aussie Poms.

I've known Brits who've gone to Oz on vacation and been called that name. They were quite upset about it, to say the least.

I think that there would be hell to pay if Asians were building a bridge in the UK, while a cheerleader had left her pom poms hanging over the bridge's railing, and the host openly said on public tv, 'Oh, the bridge has poms on it". at the same time a couple of locals were walking on the bridge.

The guys not only an idiot, he's not funny nor entertaining.

His show sucks. Hope they cancel his show, forever.

HERE HERE
I guess an upper class educated person like yourself don't like it. BTW it's "hear hear".

Edited by pmugghc

I never heard that term being used by anyone. So the silly Indian chick is to blame for it being in the public eye.

Jeremy should sue her.

I thought a slope was a curve or side of a mountain. Nobody in the USA uses that term unless skiing.

Get your head out of the snow. The term "slope" is a derogatory racial slur for Asians. It was commonly used by American GIs duringthe Vietnam war to refer to Vietnamese. The fact that you have not heard it simply makes you uninformed.

How many people less than 50 years old will remember slang from the Vietnam war?

Gee, with that logic who would ever know history.

Jeremy should sue her.

Gee, with that logic who would ever know history.

Fantastic! So how many of your history classes featured the slang of the era??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a load of bullshit about so called casual Racism, What about all the other words that are used every second of the 24 hrs a day Anywhere in the world;

Abbo, Black fellow,Farang,Wop,<deleted>,Frog,Kaaskop,Krout,Pommy,Afro,Negro Chink,Mex,Iti,Spic,And more;;;;;If this is Racism;;;;;every person in the world is a racist at one time in his/her/it's life.

Give it a brake LEAVE it alone,forget it.

Probably because they have become thin skinned, overly PC and lost their sense of humour. Besides, they have been making jokes about the Irish and everyone else for centuries, so it's just payback ( of course, they don't like it when it's done to them ).

What a load of bullshit about so called casual Racism, What about all the other words that are used every second of the 24 hrs a day Anywhere in the world;

Abbo, Black fellow,Farang,Wop,<deleted>,Frog,Kaaskop,Krout,Pommy,Afro,Negro Chink,Mex,Iti,Spic,And more;;;;;If this is Racism;;;;;every person in the world is a racist at one time in his/her/it's life.

Give it a brake LEAVE it alone,forget it.

Is this the 'everyone else is an rsole so why can't I be one too' argument?

They sure did when I lived there, but not really derogatory - more like wop or Jew, not considered insulting by most people.

I used to wonder what it meant until I was on a bus in Vietnam and looked out the window and saw a bunch of peasants wearing sloped hats. I got up and yelled to my friend, "I finally know why they call them slopeheads!" Luckily, no one but us could speak English.

4039364743_a853e0d639.jpg

In Australia if you call an Asian a 'slope' or 'slope head', it is considered racist and very offensive.

It would be considered as fighting words.

Certainly not the same as being called a Jew, which I doubt anyone would find that offensive. I'm not sure what a wop is?

There's no such thing as bad publicity. People that get so easily hurt or offended by names should really stay indoors and live all their lives with mummy to comfort and cuddle them.

Mummy,mummy, that nasty man called me a Pom, boo hoo waah!!!

I know jeremy. . . Who the hell is the Indian chick?

To keep with the spirit of this thread shouldn't you have asked _

Who is the Jingly chick ?

What's more to the point, is that Indians are never knowingly referred to as "slopes" so dunno why her cage has been rattled. I'm sure she would donate any "winnings" to all the poor little Slum Dog Kids, unless of course they happen to be of a "LOWER CASTE"

Jeremy Clerkson is a desperate old man? Realy? The Jeremy Clerkson in his mid 50's, worth millions, fronts the most exported TV show in the world of all time, been all over the world with his mates getting paid silly money to have a laugh and do whatever he wants... You mean that guy, right? Yeh. Desperate. Personaly I pity the fool. Poor bloke.

Yes that desperate old man. Uses carefully contrived 'controversial' remarks that appeal to those who think that insulting others is a replacement for humour.

So if any of my friends refer to me as a 'Sweaty' ( Sweaty Sock -- Jock ) I should get upset and sue them. !!!!

Only if they call you a "Tight Fisted Sweaty"...from a tight fisted Yorkshire Pudding, of Irish, Scottish and dunno what else ancestry!