Phuket Pride Week’s Grand Parade to block beach road on Sunday

Lite Beer

It was cancelled.

Why? And are you sure? That would have been an news item and there was nothing on the local news?

No news as to why, just was....... I totally forgot about it & would have been stuck in traffic so was happy it was!

That said, brings a bit of colour & fun to the beach - was a laugh last year.....

As for hetrosexual pride, that parade occurs nightly up & down Bangla.......

It was cancelled.

Why? And are you sure? That would have been an news item and there was nothing on the local news?

No news as to why, just was....... I totally forgot about it & would have been stuck in traffic so was happy it was!

That said, brings a bit of colour & fun to the beach - was a laugh last year.....

"As for hetrosexual pride, that parade occurs nightly up & down Bangla......." - isn't that called, "The Walk of Shame?" cheesy.gif

It was cancelled.

"As for hetrosexual pride, that parade occurs nightly up & down Bangla......." - isn't that called, "The Walk of Shame?" cheesy.gif

Nah mate, thats the 6am still in last nights clothes walking along the kurb,,,,,, see it daily on my way to work :)

It used to be the walk from the entrance door of your hotel to the reception desk for your room key, with your "new friend."

I guess the definition has broadened over the years. smile.png

I think that can be covered also mate

I do think of the walk of shame, more in terms of being a late teens/early 20s guy. Never had to do it in Thailand......

Nah mate, thats the 6am still in last nights clothes walking along the kurb,,,,,, see it daily on my way to work smile.png

This is what I think to be the walk of shame as well. Sometimes hilarious setup where the man walks few meters in the front of the lady trying to hide the obvious. Yet everybody knows what is the case.

What happen to Bangkok parade pride as 10 years ago in Silom but suddenly gone?-

My impression is that the local Thai gays are just not very interested in doing gay pride parades. They are indeed a western import and for some reason it's an import that doesn't have much cultural resonance here. There is no problem to do them legally in Thailand. There was a traditionalist backlash in Chiang Mai about them though. It's a little surprising they haven't taken off here considering how much Thais in general like ANY kind of party for any reason, such as Thai Christmas!

Also as mentioned before, there is general cultural understanding of TRANSGENDER Thais, but much less so of the more western concept of GAY MEN without any gender issues. Not saying Thai ladyboys don't face discrimination, they do of course, just that they are more understood. Thai lesbians who follow the Tom-Dee model (westerners would call butch-femme) are ALSO much more culturally understood here than two masculine guys who do not play heterosexual role games.

Edited by Jingthing