What does it mean when a stranger Thai lady gives you the evil eye while pointing at you?

Jingthing

I bet a "hissy fit" was thrown and the flambouyant antics was objected too by the conservative owner who subsequently objected to being branded a homophobe ?

Leaves alot of conjecture when the actual truth isnt revealed , it just leaves the door open for rampant speculation, but the story will probably have added twists and turns until the OP gets the answer he wants, as is so typical.

I hearr the train a commin'

It's commin' round the bend...

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, from now on, I will only entertain responses to the actual question. I am not going into the details of what led up to the pointing. The point here is about the pointing itself.

the point here is you only get to ask your question, not determine how it is answered.

dont want to discuss the incident? should not have brought it up.

• Like 2

I bet a "hissy fit" was thrown and the flambouyant antics was objected too by the conservative owner who subsequently objected to being branded a homophobe ?

Leaves alot of conjecture when the actual truth isnt revealed , it just leaves the door open for rampant speculation, but the story will probably have added twists and turns until the OP gets the answer he wants, as is so typical.

You're now on ignore. Your posts have no value. Adios amigo.

Please put me on ignore with Charlie.

I promise I will return the favour.

• Like 1

OK, from now on, I will only entertain responses to the actual question. I am not going into the details of what led up to the pointing. The point here is about the pointing itself.

the point here is you only get to ask your question, not determine how it is answered.

I want to discuss the specific aspects of the incident I highlighted. I am still looking for actual experts who know whether this lady was some kind of witch or not. Curse-wise.

As I guess such experts don't really exist here, I will add it is certainly fine with me if this thread is closed ...

Edited by Jingthing

So, for the rest of us here as the OP has chosen to be selective in the responses he sees, what do we think actually happened that the OP is so reluctant to reveal ?

Any offers of likely scenarios ?

Edited by CharlieH

I see the ' finger pointing' as a 'warning'.

Just like ' don't do that again, otherwise you are in trouble'.

Honestly, we could assume the lady was crazy, but you are not telling us the whole story, so we may as well assume that you did something very wrong..

edited to add :

Of course it would be very wrong to fight back a lady if she punched you, but i guess the hospital bill would be of a similar amount if you do the same with a man.

Edited by mauGR1
  • Like 1

Jingthing,

Sorry to have to tell you this, but..... you have been cursed I am afraid, and what is going to happen is your hair will turn grey, then possibly fall out. All your teeth will wear away. Your skin will become wrinkled, you will likely lose your ability to see very far, you will forget where you put things, maybe even your own name, and you will lose control of your bodily functions...............eventuallygiggle.gif

...and eventually... you will die.

now thats what i call a curse.

Rant over but my opinion of you with a few good historical posts has now gone downhill big time.

This thread has NOTHING to do with gay rights issues. How weird that you push that here. If I posted on the visa forum, would you think I'm talking about gay rights because you know I'm gay?

Edited by Jingthing

I want to discuss the specific aspects of the incident I highlighted. I am still looking for actual experts who know whether this lady was some kind of witch or not. Curse-wise.

As I guess such experts don't really exist here, I will add it is certainly fine with me if this thread is closed ...

Well I have to ask, how many gay experts are here and understand the Thai women way .. Really arrogance aside, I do believe you have just dug a huge smelly hole for yourself.

Honestly, we could assume the lady was crazy, but you are not telling us the whole story, so we may as well assume that you did something very wrong..

edited to add :

Of course it would be very wrong to fight back a lady if she punched you, but i guess the hospital bill would be of a similar amount if you do the same with a man.

I crossed a line in Thai culture so it was wrong in Thai culture, it would have been normal in western culture because she deserved it. So I was irrational to act too western in Thailand and I also think based on her mad dog eyes that she's pretty CRAZY all the time.

Well, JT, I just read this thread and decided to ask my wife who, knowing a lot about (while not believing in) Thai black magic, stated that the woman did not speak because she was very angry. The finger-pointing and evil eye was a signal to you that if you ever performed that behavior in front of her again, she would hurt you. So, not a curse, but a warning. edited for misspell Edited by noahvail
  • Like 1

Well I have to ask, how many gay experts are here and understand the Thai women way .. Really arrogance aside, I do believe you have just dug a huge smelly hole for yourself.

This isn't a thread about gay issues just because I'm gay. That's your problem, I think a big problem, if you can't see that.

Rant over but my opinion of you with a few good historical posts has now gone downhill big time.

This thread has NOTHING to do with gay rights issues. How weird that you push that here. If I posted on the visa forum, would you think I'm talking about gay rights because you know I'm gay?

JT your choice of pillow is yours not mine, but for the love of god, write on here and expect to get answers from what you write. Not tell the world how wronged you have been then revise to tell the story. If you don't want to tell then withdraw your story as it's totally pointless posting it. Or are you on a gay PR mission.

As with the OP its about YOU its always about YOU and how hard done by you are and everyone has to bend to your view or be branded a homophobe, tnats your stock answer and rebuttal to everything until like most immature girls you get your own way or get the answers and comments you want to see. Hold back and manipulate until its got a nice little bow and how you like it! Well sadly thats in another forum where you are at your best and have your knight in shining armour to protect you.

Well, JT, I just read this thread and decided to ask my wife who, knowing a lot about (while not believing in) Thai black magic, stated that the woman did not speak because she was very angry. The finger-pointing and evil eye was a signal to you that if you ever performed that behavior in front of her again, she would hurt you. So, not a curse, but a warning. edited for misspell

Thanks! I'm satisfied with that answer entirely!

I'm exiting the madness of this thread now.

It's not pleasant.

Discuss among yourselves and thanks again to those who did reply ON TOPIC.

Good evening all. clap2.gif

edited to add :

No no.....the fingering pointing bit means the curse will make his gentlemen's bits fall off at some point in the future

what does one do to become an "actual expert", especially in the context of thai visa?

i would suggest perhaps a cultural anthropologist in southeast asian studies or perhaps even a mor du would probably be better qualified to answer your question, but then you asked us.

in my "actual expert" opinion it would indicate you have pissed someone off. Again.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

J.T. from the posts of yours that I have read, you seem an intelligent and sophisticated person. Do you really need the advice of other TV members just because a Thai woman pointed her finger at you, this is nothing more than a meaningless gesture. You are over reacting IMO. Regarding a suitable response that is not violent (overly) you should have spit in her face, literally. JD.

edited to add :

No no.....the fingering pointing bit means the curse will make his gentlemen's bits fall off at some point in the future

Uhm.. As a self proclaimed atheist, Mr. JT should not have to worry about cursing...But, who knows ..?.. He could be off to the closest temple to remove the curse..

Yes it would but I will hold my full negative judgement on gays until you post the whole story. Right now you are coming through as Mary suffering from PMS. Man or girl up tell the story or ask for this thread to be deleted.