Why are some Thai Visa Posters so Insensitive?

GAZZPA

I don't know whether it is just me but there seems to be an increase in people posting very insensitive comments on the forum topics lately?

Today is a good example with the tragic story of the death of a father in Pattaya and his poor 5 year old son who was trapped in the apartment for 7 days with his dead father. It soon turned into an argument about racism due the English / British misunderstanding. Completely ridiculous and potentially hurtful for the family to read during what is clearly a terrible ordeal.

I am not talking about subjective viewpoints that make debate interesting, which lets face it we all kind of enjoy from time to time. What I am referring to is the blatantly offensive or totally inconsiderate comments that then spark a wave of posts expressing disapproval. Where do these people come from?

I know the forum is regulated but that's not an easy job to do and these posters will succeed in dropping in bombshells for time to time.

Also, what do we think the local Thai people would make of these antics? Not sure i would be very happy if I were Thai and saw some of the comments.

• Like 2

If the local Thais could read it,i don't think they would care a fig about what most of us think,as' falang know nothing,only how to pick money of money tree in own country' that is the perception of most Thais who have never been outside Thailand,i have given up trying to tell them anything,may as well flog a dead horse,as for insensitive posts,well it is a forum,but of course people can get heated,i myself have been guilty of this especially after a few beers,i am trying to change my ways and be all nice to my fellow posters,not be sarcastic etc,ye Gods it hurts.

some postings might be bad......something may sound funny at 11 PM after 3 beer but is much less on the next morning.

But I prefer that freedom that someone makes ugly jokes even about me than living in a restricted political correct world.

some postings might be bad......something may sound funny at 11 PM after 3 beer but is much less on the next morning.

But I prefer that freedom that someone makes ugly jokes even about me than living in a restricted political correct world.

11 pm and you have downed 3 beers,wow h90 your a real party animal.

OP, you are absolutely correct.

h90 is also absolutely right.

Which leaves us to one thing many people here on TV are lacking - consideration for others.

This is one of the things people have or have not. Usually it comes with proper Education. But what is proper?

Sorry, where are we now?...

If the local Thais could read it,i don't think they would care a fig about what most of us think,as' falang know nothing,only how to pick money of money tree in own country' that is the perception of most Thais who have never been outside Thailand,i have given up trying to tell them anything,may as well flog a dead horse,as for insensitive posts,well it is a forum,but of course people can get heated,i myself have been guilty of this especially after a few beers,i am trying to change my ways and be all nice to my fellow posters,not be sarcastic etc,ye Gods it hurts.

Like your honesty, I hope you manage to tackle those demons and become a Mr Nice on the forums. Perhaps you can treat your laptop like your car when you're drinking,,, out of bounds. giggle.gif

Like your honesty, I hope you manage to tackle those demons and become a Mr Nice on the forums. Perhaps you can treat your laptop like your car when you're drinking,,, out of bounds. giggle.gif

immpossible.

• Like 1

he only started at 10.50 pm thoughlaugh.png

• Like 1

good work in that case,kinda late to start though is it not.

and at 11.20 I am at beer 7 and vomit in keyboard....

My dear chap slow down a bit,maybe a bucket next to you,works for me,this Thai beer can do it,last time i was like a human fire exstinguisher,all foam came out.

My dear chap slow down a bit,maybe a bucket next to you,works for me,this Thai beer can do it,last time i was like a human fire exstinguisher,all foam came out.

Actually I boycott Thai beer....only drinking imported things....Thai beer has some "dirty" taste and sometimes I get terrible headache from it....something is really wrong with it.

Or buy apple juice, add yeast and wait 3 days.....not good but better than Thai beer and no pain.

Agree with you thai beer is awful,have been drinking Carlsberg,think they brew it in veitnam,but problem is they don't want to take the bottles away for recycling,how much apple juice and how much yeast,this is cider,something i miss a lot here,could you give an idea of the ratios.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Agree with you thai beer is awful,have been drinking Carlsberg,think they brew it in veitnam,but problem is they don't want to take the bottles away for recycling,how much apple juice and how much yeast,this is cider,something i miss a lot here,could you give an idea of the ratios.

Why not stick with the topic this is a serious issue here. Nothing funny about it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why not stick with the topic this is a serious issue here. Nothing funny about it.

Cider is serious

So, is that how they make cider...is it that simple....surely not.

• Like 1

Cider is serious

So, is that how they make cider...is it that simple....surely not.

Indeed the demon cider is so dangerous that poster's would render themselves unable to post if they felt compelled to switch from beer. Would it be good for the forum? Maybe eveyone should have a try on Friday, drink 3 then log on!

BBB

Edited by BKK Blues Brother

same reason that I refrain to read the comments on some topics and especially read the comments on others..

same as I skip 60% of the recent political topics since they are also utter bs.

edit that I 100% skip comments on political topics as it always ends up in a war of words between the prominent pro and anti government supporters

Edited by Marcel1

"Where do these people come from?"

The same place as you and me come from OP.

They have the same attitude in their country, but afraid to express their arrogant selves to others.

Here, they got anonymity and they can spread their venom.

I shouldn't bother very much..........let them drown in their own excrement.

BUT, it really depends who the OP thinks is offensive whistling.gif . some folk think I am at times, yet I am really thumbsup.gif , well l think so biggrin.png .

It really is a can of worms.............whistling.gif

• Like 1