Some Unbiased Advice.

jaloochapurr

I have been married with thai women from Satun for a while. We lived and worked in USA where she got passport.

2 months ago she got another job offer in Michigan.

She took it saying I come too or we are done.

Sorry no Michigan for me.

In the meantime she took all credit cards and atm too.

Ok the accounts were all in her namr as my credit in USA was poor.

I also had a child from a hilltribe girl who I wanted to near.

Yes now been over stay for a while.

But since all money is gone I have to go back USA and get own monies straight.

Basically early goverment retirement and some work too.

No Michigan, it was over anyway.

Now I can get borrowed money from CM to BKK where I know I have to go IDC.

NO money for fine.US will still lend for plane blocking passport til paid.

If I have copy of marriage license and record of child,could possibly immigration judge be compassionate?

What else can I do ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your overstay fine will be a maximum of 20000 and may be less if you are bought before a Judge.

You will remain in the IDC until such time as the fine is paid and a ticket out of the country is available.

Best you seek consular advice/assistance from the Embassy.

• Like 1

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read while in IDC, you get 200 baht/day knocked off the fee. Plus, the judge usually knocks the fee down from the original 20,000.

So say the judge fines you 12,000, and you have absolutely no money, that means 60 days in the IDC. Then they'll only release you upon having a flight booked back to the US.

In similar cases guys just stay in the jungle and overstay until they got somehow enough money for that 20000 Baht fine and for flight tickets. Try to get first that retirement money coming in via US consulate. They should be able to help.

"I also had a child from a hilltribe girl who I wanted to near. "

What does the 'to near' bit mean? Wanted to be near to her or...?

He could have missed out the 'be' I also had a child from a hilltribe girl who I wanted to be near.

We have all done it, as we get older the old grey matter does not function as it used to.

• Like 1

John Rambo ? Is that you ? The war's over John, it's time to come (go) home.

Seriously, you are that broke that you hope the embassy will buy your plane ticket, and can't afford (or can't borrow) the $620(ish) US for the Overstay fine ?

You and her must have lived/worked in the US for some time in order for her to be able to get a US passport, but you have no friends/relatives that can bail you out (with the understanding that you'd pay them back once you got your "own monies" sorted) ?

Just how were (are) you planning on living back in the US, assuming you are able to take care of the overstay and fly back ? If you are leaving Thailand because you are out of money, I can't see how you'll survive in the states. If you had of went back with the wife, I'm guessing she would have been paying all the bills.

If it is "over anyway" between you and the wife as you say, don't be surprised if you step off the plane and get hit with divorce papers. Probably kiss whatever assets you may have in the US good-bye too. Be prepared. Having a birth certificate showing you have a child with another woman isn't likely to swing any weight at a divorce hearing.

Best to reach out to relatives/friends and get your life sorted out sooner than later. Get a job, work your ass off, pay your bills, fix your credit and then start thinking about coming back one day.

Which reminds me, did Rambo have a work permit to catch/sell all those snakes to the snake show people ? What kind of visa was he on ? He probably had hundreds of thousands in back pay and POW pay stashed in his US bank.

• Like 1

As to addressing the comments about my english,forget it.

The other comment was hopeful though.

Yes I can get to BKK without much difficulty.

But if I can get the money sent to CM, then I can leave from there. The US consulate should help me or loan the funds for a ticket.

Yes we were married in Satun.

Then we both went to USA where we worked and lived together. I came back here, so did she but she was quickly offered another position in USA and took it.

Giving me the option to follow or end our marriage. Well I stayed and since all monies where in her name that too.

So if I arrive in Honolulu so what if I am served with papers. Nothing criminal was done except for overstay.

Why are people on this forum if not to advice or assist others?

They should go to some other site if they just want to be negative.

to answer your question. many people come here every day for general entertainment. the same people will often seek advice. the same people will occasionally give advice. the same people will criticize. the same people will be funny, sarcastic and witty. etc etc etc.

hope that helps.

PS you should follow your own advice and not be negative :)

• Like 1

"I also had a child from a hilltribe girl who I wanted to near. "

What does the 'to near' bit mean? Wanted to be near to her or...?

He could have missed out the 'be' I also had a child from a hilltribe girl who I wanted to be near.

We have all done it, as we get older the old grey matter does not function as it used to.

Poor kid, doesn't sound like it has much of a father unless OP left a few things out.