Jeremy Clarkson is 'caught on camera using N-word'

webfact

Its strangely funny that if Jeremy Clarkson was born with black coloured skin and said the N word there wouldn't be any issue. I don't know what the alternative word for the N word is in Eeny, meeny, miney, mo. Of course I've never seen this phrase written down. At school we used to give money for the "Black babies" and "Black Sambo" sat on the teachers desk and fed a coin ino his mouth when placed on his hand and a lever on his back was operated.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again, a load of people having a pop at political correctness ! smile.png

People go on about how such words are harmless, and not a big deal. How about this, the media is a reflection of society, and YES, lots of people are slightly offended by Clarkson's words. If you're not annoyed by Clarkson's words, well, it might be the case that you're part of a minority ! smile.png

What about the American basketball team owner, the one who is being crucified for making his comments ? A whole load of sponsors have dropped their contracts, is this because of political correctness ? How about big companies don't want to be linked to a man with such views, they don't want their sales to be hit by having their product linked to this man ?

Back to Jeremy Clarkson. Obviously, making a 'slur' against 'Asians' is sometimes regarded as harmless fun, you'ill probably get away with it. But back home in England, and America, any slur against 'black' people is wrong, it will be punished. Why is that ? People should remember that, when or if they take their Thai wives/girlfriends back home to England. Thai women, after all, are 'Asian'. Actually, some of them have eyes that are the same as Chinese ! smile.png

Funny you should mention that, when Shaq O'Neal can take the piss out of black people with disfigured faces. Not many people calling for him to be banned for life.

Well, Shaq O'Neal has been back on Twitter to apologise to the man who he mocked, Jahmel Binion. Also, we can't call this 'racist', as the two parties involved are of the same race. And yes, most people in society do have 'extra dislike' for piss-take that is based on race. And mocking somebody who is disfigured is also wrong.

I doubt Jeremy Clarkson will ever apologise for his comments ! That's because he thinks there's nothing wrong with such comments ! :)

A lot of rapper made a ton of money off the back of that N-word. Also hip hoppin' on the concert stage and Cds cracka' and honkey this and whitey that. Italians are often wops, greaseballs, and guineas in movies.

Quite true, but maybe the majority membership of TV wouldn't be listening to a rapper. What if it was a superstar with over 100 movies to his credit, what if he said the N word on a regular basis (has modern society even made us nice folk afraid to say it?) Yep, Samuel L Jackson says this and related words in many of his blockbuster movies, he's not singing and old nursery rhyme, he is using these words as they were intended in referring to the people in the intended use. Unlike "slope" the meaning of the N word is undeniable and can only mean one thing. But no outcry. Is it because the actor is black himself, or because there is no rascist intent. Samuel uses it virtually in every sentence in some movies, but it nearly ruined poor old Emily's*life and got her thrown out of the BB house, why ? Was it because she was a rascist, or because she is a white person saying it to a black girl in jest, with no malicious intend.

Reginald D Hunter, a funny man who talks a lot of sense. On one show he said that because he is black many of his friends/acquaintances talk to him about rascist issues and he said one thing that made me think. A white chap said to him that he thought he had been rascist and wanted Reg's opinion. He was in a cinema and bumped into a black man, he said "sorry I didn't see you, it's dark ". He wanted to know if Reg thought this was rascist. Reg's replied "was there hatred in your heart when you said it". I think that is what is relevant.

Is Jeremy Clarkson rascist ? Samuel L Jackson ? Emily from Big Brother ?

It seems to me that the majority of people that get upset by these comments are in the white middle classes who have no connexion to those supposedly being insulted.

SDM

JC really is an idiot. He sees nothing harmful in what he does and believes he alone has the right to lecture the world on what is right and wrong. Let's face it, it's the foundation on which he has built his whole journalistic and TV career.

Can't learn, won't learn. So arrogant he thinks he can do no wrong.

chill out, he's a funny guy that doesn't give a <deleted> for the inane PC cursing most of the world and journalism today.

Good job I don't get offended by being called Farang or, as I work for an Aussi company, "Pommy Bar Steward" My view is that people are too sensitive about this stuff.

JC really is an idiot. He sees nothing harmful in what he does and believes he alone has the right to lecture the world on what is right and wrong. Let's face it, it's the foundation on which he has built his whole journalistic and TV career.

what are you on about, are you a christian? jc is an entertainer with a huge following, thats what he gets paid for, it seems many have lost their way as far as humor is concerned, this is the 21st century.

If people get offended with nigger, slope, <deleted>, pom etc etc etc then its tuff titty for them, grow up hypocrits, you cant tell me the same people who get offended never used "racist" terms

Congrats to bangkokheat as being the only poster I could find in this thread to actually use the word nigger. Most others, even those protesting the over political correctness of society have chosen the soft option and described it as the "N" word or similar.

It's a word in a child's nursery rhyme for goodness sake. We all learned it as kids, I even taught it to my kids and at no time did I ever feel that it was a racist or derogatory term.

I taught my kids "baa baa black sheep" as well, which has nothing to do with racism (it was written as a protest regarding wool tax) but the PC brigade have deemed it insensitive.

God forbid if Jeremy Clarkson should ever utter baa baa black sheep for the moronic Press to quote him on. Apparently the new politically correct version of that song being taught in schools is now "baa baa Rainbow sheep" - I shit you not!!

And Bert and Ernie have suffered the same fate as Noddy and Big Ears - banned from publication.

The world has truly gone to hell in a handcart.

• Like 1

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

I'm afraid Enoch Powell may have had a point. These Muslims are no less British then anyone else born there. They are gaining political and social power, so I'm afraid the "when in Rome" may mean quite correctly in the future that all UK meat is Halal, in addition to many other changes.

SDM

• Like 1

I had a Thai in a high end fitness center treat me like shit yesterday because I am a farang. In his eyes obviously all farangs are fat,beer drinking,tattooed pedofiles and therefore I,fit, no tattoos happily married to a wasp English teacher must be one too! It upset me so much it made me cry all the way home!!! I can't be bothered by all this political correctness and I am certainly not racist. One of my best friends is a Tunisian who affectionately calls me 'f.......g Britisher' all my French friends call me 'roastbeef' etc etc - seems to me a lot of people have lost their sense of humour!!!!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would agree with that you piece of plastic shit ( joke ).

This is harmless British humour - never meant to be taken seriously!

So this is Racist - against British Culture...

In order to Homogenise British people to be "standard" N*****s!!!

Hello. You're anonymous here on Thai Visa, and you've put up your view. Are you on Facebook ? Are you on Twitter ?

I'ill give you credit for having real balls IF you write this sort of thing on Facebook or Twitter !! :)

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

Read what is going on in UK schools because of Islam.

• Like 2

""And Bert and Ernie have suffered the same fate as Noddy and Big Ears - banned from publication."

And poor old Asterix the Gaul, the Robinson Gollywog, Rigsby no doubt if he were still on

• Like 2

I have heard a rumour the local Muslims want to build a mosque in the middle of the TG test track, want a "Burka" Stig and will require the TG boys to test drive camels

Hello. You're anonymous here on Thai Visa, and you've put up your view. Are you on Facebook ? Are you on Twitter ?

I'ill give you credit for having real balls IF you write this sort of thing on Facebook or Twitter !! :)

what are you on about, are you a christian? jc is an entertainer with a huge following, thats what he gets paid for, it seems many have lost their way as far as humor is concerned, this is the 21st century.

If people get offended with nigger, slope, <deleted>, pom etc etc etc then its tuff titty for them, grow up hypocrits, you cant tell me the same people who get offended never used "racist" terms

Congrats to bangkokheat as being the only poster I could find in this thread to actually use the word nigger. Most others, even those protesting the over political correctness of society have chosen the soft option and described it as the "N" word or similar.

It's a word in a child's nursery rhyme for goodness sake. We all learned it as kids, I even taught it to my kids and at no time did I ever feel that it was a racist or derogatory term.

I taught my kids "baa baa black sheep" as well, which has nothing to do with racism (it was written as a protest regarding wool tax) but the PC brigade have deemed it insensitive.

God forbid if Jeremy Clarkson should ever utter baa baa black sheep for the moronic Press to quote him on. Apparently the new politically correct version of that song being taught in schools is now "baa baa Rainbow sheep" - I shit you not!!

And Bert and Ernie have suffered the same fate as Noddy and Big Ears - banned from publication.

The world has truly gone to hell in a handcart.

You didn't feel that nigger was a racist term.... really? Are you from the 17th Century?

I agree with you in regard to 'baa baa black sheep', and 'black' coffee for another example, but 'nigger' is an unambiguous ethnic slur.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Hanging out in a pub here with lots of different people - UK being chief among them - you would be surprised (or maybe not) at the stuff that comes out of their mouths. Many have something to say about pretty much every other nationality or race on this planet.

Jeremy Clarkson is representative of this but is G-rated compared to some of the stuff I hear.

It"s called free speech,not much practiced in the Land of S*****.

""And Bert and Ernie have suffered the same fate as Noddy and Big Ears - banned from publication."

And poor old Asterix the Gaul, the Robinson Gollywog, Rigsby no doubt if he were still on

He is still on, but I haven't seen Alf Garnet for a while...

• Like 2

I have heard a rumour the local Muslims want to build a mosque in the middle of the TG test track, want a "Burka" Stig and will require the TG boys to test drive camels

Think the only Twit on here is you, why are you copy and pasting the same response to different posters ?

Whats your other cut and paste comment " Suthep is a fascist"

• Like 2

I, being an American redneck, have never watched Top Gear. I might have to start as this fellow Clarkson seems like my kind of guy. On the up and up.

g02mB_zps8c282ea5.jpg

You might not when you see the US special ! I'm amazed your State Department ever let him back in!

SDM

• Like 2

Black Rap artists can use the "N-word" in their lyrics but, white guys cannot...Hmmm! blink.pngrolleyes.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

A stand-up comedian from Liverpool, he's got a Scouse accent,right, he makes a joke about Scousers claiming dole money, working cash in hand, and using the money to watch Liverpool or Everton play football. That's okay. But the un-official rule on comedy is, if you're not from Liverpool, and you're a stand-up comedian, and you put on a Scouse accent, and do a joke that pokes fun at Scousers claiming dole, working cash in hand, etc, well, you're wrong.

Surely, most of us accept the un-official rule on comedy ?? smile.png

You wanna watch Harry Enfield doing his scousers sketch,plus his Mandela advert for a drink.Those will bring the ICC on your head if you laugh.

I, being an American redneck, have never watched Top Gear. I might have to start as this fellow Clarkson seems like my kind of guy. On the up and up.

g02mB_zps8c282ea5.jpg

You might not when you see the US special ! I'm amazed your State Department ever let him back in!

SDM

Yeap good ole billy bob might have different opinion after watching these episodes

• Like 1

I had a friend back in Georgia who was a GBI investigator and owned a Jack Russell terrior. He would ask the dog, where is the ni&&er, and the dog would search behind the curtians, couch and go completely bezerk for several minutes. I thought I was going to die laughing. What is wrong with free speech. It is not like he called the president of the U.S. one to his face.

g02mB_zps8c282ea5.jpg

Billybob

We have a saying in the UK, "don't shoot the messenger ".

But as someone from a country who Clarkson has abused, I would be really interested in your comments on this. Are you insulted ?

SDM

PS the link didn't come out! Search for Top Gear US special Run out of Alabama

Edited by SDM0712

I don't know what the alternative word for the N word is in Eeny, meeny, miney, mo.

Really? I was taught 'catch a tiger by the toe'. I've honestly never heard it used with n*****

People who want to take offence, will take offence at anything. Blackboards I hear are now chalkboards in the UK. However recently I watched a UK education programme, and the marker board was referred to as a white board. I found that truly shocking. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

If you are a black rapper, the frequent use of N****** and Hoe will sell millions of records......

Not that I agree, but I have been called honkey and worse when I grew up in Africa and it did not bother me one bit.