Jeremy Clarkson is 'caught on camera using N-word'

webfact

Heavens to Betsy, the "N" word! Some people are just too sensitive. I was called a convict the other day.

I feel for you,I was called a white honky.Oh my god was I upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but ask them to define "honkey" and they wouldn't have a clue..

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. Even as a teenager I never made the connection between a gollywog and a black person until the liberal do-gooders wanted the Robertson's Jam one banned.

I noticed it was never the minorities who complained about something until these middle class white do-gooders stirred things up. If anything, making fun of each other helps break down barriers rather than creating hate.

Jeremy Clarkson comes from a generation when that was still an acceptable way of picking someone or something. I still use this one at home if I need to make a choice.

What's a word beginning with "N" you never want to use when talking about a black person?

Neighbour cheesy.gif

Heavens to Betsy, the "N" word! Some people are just too sensitive. I was called a convict the other day.

I feel for you,I was called a white honky.Oh my god was I upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but ask them to define "honkey" and they wouldn't have a clue..

The word Honky was used when the white men came into the black community to be with HO's because they did not want to be seen by their kind. So when they came to buy some p***y they would honk their car horns.

The doorman would then open the door for them......that why They are called honky

Will they also be going after all the recording stars who use this word regularly as a lyric

Good point BUT remember the colour of the artists who use it.

What's that got to do with it? When referring to black people the word is either offensive or it isn't, why is it only offensive when a white person says it? Keep it simple...

It is perfectly possible for a black person to use derogatory terms when referring to other black people,, it just makes them stupid.

For the record I don't condone this but i do think it is all blown out of proportion. He should simply apologize and that's the end of it, no need to stretch it out.

In my opinion he is very funny and sometimes he does push the boundaries a bit, but he is no different from thousands of other celebrities that I could mention.

What it's got to do with it is simple, they can say it and it's ok but wrong and offensive if others do

In America the 'N' word is the most divisive word in our language and for a good reason. Sounds like more than a few "Punters" talking here (English and Aussies my guess) are making a "no big deal" argument. Prejudice and making jokes about people of color from some of those expats here seems to be a sport... We got allot of bigots in the states also. I'm not laughing! Do you watch our movies? '12 years a slave', 'Jango unchained' 'Lincoln" etc. This is some ugly frickin history that when we dealt with it (civil war) cost us a large percentage of our population .

I'm 50 years old, my family history had slave owners in it. When I was a boy I went to the family farm in Kentucky and in the (what used to be) slave quarters lived a sweet old woman who was the daughter of slaves.

My point is that wounds don't heal as quick as you think, that word cuts like a knife. Everybody knows if your a celebrity and you use it Your finished! You need to be slapped if you use the excuse that "black people use it". SO WHAT? They are the offended party in the history of this word. They didn't make it up there white slave owners did. You with your white face don't get to use it, Deal with it! I never use that word! All I have to do is think about the people I love who would be devastated to here it come out of my mouth. It's a simple thing, you use it at your own peril. You will probably wipe away any respect you had from people who have a sense of decency or are not a white male, get your face smashed in, lose your basketball team or maybe YOUR JOB! whatever! If it's that important to you...you get what you deserve.

When Clarkson used that word he hurt/offended allot of people and to prove his level of bigotry he used the word "slope" on another occasion. That show is very popular in the states probably bringing in allot of revenue maybe even it's largest market, I'm confident he will be taken down and rightfully so.

Most of the people who posted her before me should check themselves...bunch of old white guys no doubt.

Brits watch films, movies is what Americans watch.

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

Read what is going on in UK schools because of Islam.

Like no Nativity at Christmas.

Jb1

I work in schools. In UK when I've worked there Christmas is Christmas complete with nativity.

Must just be racist areas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1571187/School-nativity-plays-under-threat.html

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

hate speech laws are a tactic employed by the New World Order to assist them in their dream of globalisation and a one world govt where labour can be cheaply exported around the world and disharmony is used to divide and rule populations...we are all doomed

tinfoil-hat1_zps7bdb1472.jpg

Oh Golly !

w o g??

I think the word 'black' should be banned from society.

"Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Afro Caribbean and white cat...." Kind of ruins the song really.

A google translate of the word "Black" shows in Latin as "Nigrum", and also an adjective of the very same word (single 'g') that shall not be spoken unless whispered in hushed tones. I guess it doesn't take too many leaps to get to the offensive word in question (which was never even broadcast on the television episode <deleted>).

I don't particularly like being called a Farang, more for the stereotype buffalo thing than it's linguistic inaccuracy, but it's not big deal, and people generally just accept it and move along rather than writing newspaper space filling articles about it.

I never understood this 'PC' thing even when it first started, with people saying "you can't say that!". "Why?", "It's not PC!", "So?". There are greater injustices in the world a newspaper could report on.

If he wants to name his dog after a sports player, what's the guys skin colour got to do with it? Trash reporting at its worst.

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

And what about those people who do not want to eat Halaal food? I worked with a Hindu female who did not care to eat Halaal food. She said that was her right.

There is far too much PC nonsense now-a-days.

Edited by NeilSA1
  • Like 1

hate speech laws are a tactic employed by the New World Order to assist them in their dream of globalisation and a one world govt where labour can be cheaply exported around the world and disharmony is used to divide and rule populations...we are all doomed

And just when we thought this thread couldn't get any more silly, in addition to TV's PC'ers we now have the tin foil hat contingent chipping in as well

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/subway-removes-ham-bacon-halal.shtml

Too bloody true.

Double standards operating here. Why is it OK for negroes to commonly use the word Nigga in widespread audio/visual broadcast material.

Because frequently they're saying 'nigga' which is a different word from 'nigger'.

But more importantly because of reappropriation. Which seems to be so blindingly obvious that I feel stupid for needing to point it out, but apparently that goes way over some peoples head.

How can anyone tell if they use the word 'nigga' and not 'nigger' unless the words are in a caption?

JC really is an idiot. He sees nothing harmful in what he does and believes he alone has the right to lecture the world on what is right and wrong. Let's face it, it's the foundation on which he has built his whole journalistic and TV career.

Can't learn, won't learn. So arrogant he thinks he can do no wrong.

People... remember he's an entertainer... He built his career by creating controversy and being edgy enough to keep himself in the spotlight. His whole shtick is based on this arrogant, always knows best, persona that some people think is funny and some people don't.

If you like him, watch the show. If you don't like him, <deleted> and change the channel.

Personally, I find him funny because he is so far over the line most of the time he is clearly hamming it up for the laugh. However, sometimes, I think he does go too far.

The problem is that we would all draw that line in a different place. That is life.

I think the modern PC knee jerk reaction to crucify anybody who says something somebody finds offensive has gotten totally out of hand. Freedom of speech is not about making sure people can say only the things you agree with. It's about protecting their right to say whatever they want, even if it is a dumbassed bigoted comment.

• Like 1

It is the nation that has a particularly vicious history with African slavery and currently the largest prison population of negroes on the planet which spouts all the pc propaganda about how we should refer to people.

The UK (US lapdog) never had an issue with so called racism until the US invented political correctness presumably in an attempt to whitewash it's sordid past (and present).

Times change, fortunately. I had to google this, its quite funny ;-