Canada: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford 'to get help for substance abuse'

webfact

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford 'to get help for substance abuse'

TORONTO: -- Controversial Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is to take a leave of absence to seek help for substance abuse, his lawyer says.

Dennis Morris said his client acknowledged he had an abuse problem and wanted to do something about it.

Mr Ford, who is seeking re-election in October, has been stripped of many of his powers after admitting using and purchasing illegal drugs while mayor.

He admitted last year to smoking crack cocaine in a "drunken stupor".

His admission, following months of denials, came after police said they had obtained a video that appeared to show him taking the illegal drug.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27233606

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-01

Rehab is for people with a problem and this guy has a problem.

I hate to admit that I have enjoyed the entertainment and diversion provided by this guy, but I really do hope for the best for him.

• Like 1

Municipal politics is all about name recognition.

Tough SOB, stalwart liar, BS artist (extraordinaire)

Ford has all this and more.

Chain the big lad to that big rock in Yorkville and starve the demons out of him in full view of the public.

Ford has just enough time to dry out, re-pack a few brain cells come out of rehab and get back into the race.

If he goes cold turkey on his full scale of addictions he just might win.

I'd put money on this guy to win in November.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

The rehab is for ethanol consumption, not the cocaine consumption, yet we are led to assume that it was for the cocaine just because it is illegal and alcohol is not. This is just one example of the media and other ignorant people demonizing consumption of illegal drugs, when in fact ethanol, despite being legal, is far more harmful to users and society than other illegal drugs, including cocaine.

Here is a quote from another article that appears to be more accurate:

he released a statement admitting that he has a problem with alcohol and saying that he would seek help to deal with it immediately

Source: Toronto 'Crack Mayor' Flies to Chicago for Alcohol Rehab

Recently published pictures of this man make it look like he's about to have a massive coronary event. Hope he gets the help he clearly needs.

Who can forget that impromptu press conference (always a mistake for a politician) where he said some woman had accused him of telling her he wanted to "eat her p---y." "That's a lie,' he said, "I've got all I can eat at home."

• Like 2

This guy is true to his vocation...being an internationally recognized political clown...

A more accurate depiction of the elected politician would be "hand-puppet."

Sure, there's the odd democratically elected dog-and-pony-show electoral victor.

They are the tools of their financial backers.

Just look at what Rob Ford consistently supported in Council.

Follow the money and you'll find the real Rob Ford.

Then look at Obama, Merkel, Holland, Biden . . . . . . . and then watch House of Cards.

Hand puppets.

Somebody up there has turned off Ford's support, is all.

(A little late)

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• 2 weeks later...