Birthday options that I can post

y2k

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sending money's the easy way out. No real thought required.

Your in Australia. Send her some opal. Thais love opal. Put it in the pouch of a kangaroo teddy bear.

I lived in Oz and hunted in Oz but I have never seen a kangaroo teddy bear. What do they look like?

Google "flower delivery thailand" and you find many Thai based sites that allow reliable ordering of flowers and asd-on presents.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unless the gift has 1 in front with few zeros behind that, don't bother, a nice bouquet of flowers

will cost abbot 1,300-2,000 baht and it says it all

It's actually more than 3000 baht.

Google "flower delivery thailand" and you find many Thai based sites that allow reliable ordering of flowers and asd-on presents.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't tried that. Hope they're cheaper than Interflora.

Last gift I got my TGF was a dermaroller and she loved it, first off she didn't know what to to with it but after a couple views on YouTube she understood what it is used for and supposedly does, she reckons its works for her and I agree with her........makes her happy and for 6 bucks I can't complain.

Thai women love beauty products so maybe a pedicure/manicure kit or a hair straightener, perfumes a bit hit and miss or the last option and most expensive, gold, never go wrong.

I'm gonna get ripped apart for posting this

Edited by Jubes

I used to send my boyfriend valentines / birthday presents through a Thai based company that could send flowers/ bears/ hampers etc - unfortunately no longer have web address- but was always efficient ( mind you he ran off with my new Civic- so was a bit of a waste of effort)- but sure you could find it on google

Posting anything carries a bit of a risk unless you use DHL or similar.

Wait until you visit again and get something from the Harrods shop at the airport- that always goes down well.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your in Australia. Send her some opal. Thais love opal. Put it in the pouch of a kangaroo teddy bear.

I lived in Oz and hunted in Oz but I have never seen a kangaroo teddy bear. What do they look like?

Seriously?

post-151649-0-10636500-1400154446_thumb.

Edited by krisb

Last gift I got my TGF was a dermaroller and she loved it, first off she didn't know what to to with it but after a couple views on YouTube she understood what it is used for and supposedly does, she reckons its works for her and I agree with her........makes her happy and for 6 bucks I can't complain.

Thai women love beauty products so maybe a pedicure/manicure kit or a hair straightener, perfumes a bit hit and miss or the last option and most expensive, gold, never go wrong.

I'm gonna get ripped apart for posting this

Posting gold to Thailand... Ripped apart.......... Deservedly so! :-P

An ATM card...

Seriously.

As soon as she confirms she has received it, you can then put a bit of money in that account.

And send the PIN via Skype. You will be able to see her smile...

That's quite a precedent I'd be setting.

Unless the gift has 1 in front with few zeros behind that, don't bother, a nice bouquet of flowers

will cost abbot 1,300-2,000 baht and it says it all

It's actually more than 3000 baht.

Sorry if someone said this already, I didn't read the end of the thread ....BUT, I think most ladies here would NOT appreciate flowers. Especially, considering the cost! I mean, what if your TGF, sent you a bag of exotic rice, that cost 3-4000 baht, and was really nice, and tasted VERY good, would you LOVE it??

If they know how much they cost, they will think it was a waste, and wish you would have sent 1) the money, or 2) something else, as close to money as possible.

Unless your g/f is very, very rich. Then you better send some very expensive flowers to impress. They really are a nonsense luxury aren't they??

I think, money is best, especially considering the cost of shipping and possible customs problems. And not too much money! Remember what you do now, is a measure of what you will do later. I think, we Western people, MIGHT consider that people might do something big at the start, but it doesn't definitely follow, that bigger and bigger things will be coming. Yet, Thais will tend to think you are "crazy" in a good way for them, to send "so much" and then their expectations only grow from there.

I've also noticed a tendancy for Thai people, to act, like whatever you do, and the bigger, the more they act this way ...is "no big deal" like they get gifts like that every day, and this is just like finding a satang in the road! (They don't act this way to their friends ...they brag like crazy.)

Well I could go on about this subject, but you will find out for yourself, most likely. Don't stress yourself about this, send something easy and affordable and not too much!! See if the reaction you get is motivating or not, then decide what the next gift should be ...but most people do nothing for B-days here, even if you did something for them 20 times! You COULD actually, consider, and DO nothing at all. I might think that would be best!

I sort of offered to send something just because she's never been given anything before. Not sending something would be bad form. Maybe something small and inexpensive then bring something when I next visit which is only two weeks after her bd.

I have a love interest in Thailand to whom I'd like to send a birthday present. Not something too expensive for fear of it getting "lost" and not too cheap for fear of me looking well ... cheap. Something not too bulky or heavy too I guess. It will have to be able to travel so no glass and not too fragile.

I'm in Australia so maybe something particularly Ozzie like a cuddly koala soft toy (ok that's a bit cheap). A boomerang would be ridiculous.

Any better ideas?

Boomerang would be idea because it would return to sender if undelivered.

Seriously?

Wooosh!