please explain ?

moose7117

could some enlightened members of this forum please explain to me why is it that whenever somebody puts a posy up on this forum , people either argue or belittle the original poster ?

when i grew up my dad taught me to respect another persons opinion weather you agreed with it or not !

no matter what you post , you seem to be attacked by " Thailand experts" or keyboard warriors.

are you guys that bored that you have nothing better to do with your time ?

are they that miserable that they simply attack other posters to make themselves seem better or are they simply keyboard warriors ?

every person i have met who is an active and frequent poster on this forum is a bloody expert on all things thai !

the most "thai" farang i have met in Thailand is a itinerant, undernourished writer, fluent in thai, single father, raising his lovely daughter, from his aged motorsai, who has been wandering around this country since the 70's, when i speak to him he simply laughs at most of these " experts"

also i cannot see the attraction for a middle aged farang moving to Thailand to take up a" teaching position for a wage that is barely above subsistence level at best, not to detract for the privileged few who are employed by high end institutions that actually receive a respectable wage.

i am fortunate enough to be able to receive a decent wage @ $ 12500 AUD after tax a month and spend @ 4 months a year in thailand with family,i am not bragging or saying "look at me, look at me" , i am actually qualified enough to teach in Thailand ,and am trainer/lecturer ATM. was raised in an english speaking country, i am just not ready to retire until the bank account is big enough to allow me to live very comfortably, i just cannot see the attraction of sitting in a backwater village struggling to pay for food on a salary of baht 20 000 a month, continual visa hassles with schools and work permit problems.

the proliferation of " native english speaker " teachers that come from a country where english is a second language is amazing.

for example how can you teach english properly if your native tongue is german ? shouldn't these jobs be limited to people who grew up speaking english ?

i know i will be harassed for this post , but seriously guys , have a good look at yourselves and think about what you post!

this is/was a good forum and it is annoying to see the gradual change for the worst !

plus you do not know who is hiding behind a nickname,

moose

ph34r.png.pagespeed.ce.GOH20nhrx_.png

Edited by moose7117

Have You seen the thread..'why is this forum so downright negative'?

Great visa knowledge.. I have a large facebook music and singers net, fun if someone wants to check it out, p.m. me..

I spend most of my time here now..I'd like to get a job teaching contemporary music.. good luck, huh? aloha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

oops , i forgot to mention that technically i could teach in Thailand , there is no way i would do it !

the money and added dramas that go along with it make it a silly proposition in my eyes.

all the teachers i have met seem to be struggling to survive and never seem to have enough money /

might be named moose

Edited by moose7117

So you are on a salary of 12.5k a month net and have 4 months in Thailand, is that without pay?. I just ask because that seemslike a lot of money for a trainer lecturer. Especially one that makes sweeping generalisations and assumptions and quite

frankly puts up a post that reads poorly and sounds like it comes from someone who has sour grapes and is now posting under

another sobriquet.

But good luck to you in the unlikely event that it all true

• Like 1

Sucked some lemons recently huh ?

Sounds like you know it all, and have it all planned out and yet you complain and make sweeping generalisations about the very thing you are saying and doing in your own post.

Very strange judgemental individual.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Seems you cant afford to stay full-time in Thailand and then attack people who make sacrifices to do so. Your salary is not that high for someone not staying in Thailand. Are you so jealous to us who can stay here full-time, that you need to compare a non Thai earned salary with those earning it here.

Your attack at teachers an other cheap shot at least they had the balls to full time move here.

• Like 2

trainer lecturer in the mining industry, i actually took a pay cut from being on the tools,

if my spelling and punctuation is not up to scratch it is because i didn't think it really mattered in this forum.

i could stay in Thailand permanently if i wanted it is also a matter of boredom for me . i think if i retire too early i will end up jaded and bitter like so many others i meet.

plus with kids i feel compelled to be able to pay for a university level education if suitable.

i just don't want to be on the bones of my ass and struggle to survive here.

there is a marked difference between surviving and living comfortably.

like if you lived here permanently how much would you like in the bank 1 000 000 baht or 25 000 000 baht ?

and i do not know it all , thats why i ask the question , or am i just not meeting the correct type of people.

a few guys i have met here are doing very well both financially and in their personal lives , i am just wondering why there are so many " haters"

and 240 aint that much .

cleared 250k aud for last year i worked on gorgon as a cranie ! only worked 9 months that year.

ask an offshore worker what he clears , it might just make you cry

moose

Edited by moose7117

ahhh see when you said lecturer I assumed (incorrectly) in a university or similar, bring mining into the equation and I can now understand the coin involved.

Edited by Spoonman

So unlike others you will struggle to survive here, not all of us are teachers some of us have good income and do have the skills to survive here. Your skills won't make you money here so you can't seem to survive here.

You are putting others down probably because you can't live here.

For me its not about how much I can have in the bank its how much money I can make here. Money in the bank will dwindle and get less while having skills and a plan to earn money here is far more valuable. Even 25 million is not that much if you set it against 25 years. I spend a million a year here and I still save more as I spend.

I think the best thing for you with your non transferable skills (to Thailand) is indeed staying and doing what you do. And when you feel down about yourself you can post a topic like this again to feel better.

I think that is the best solution for you.

Greetings a Hater.

• Like 1

Sucked some lemons recently huh ?

Sounds like you know it all, and have it all planned out and yet you complain and make sweeping generalisations about the very thing you are saying and doing in your own post.

Very strange judgemental individual.

Thus....he is not out of place here....

i am just wondering why there are so many " haters"

What do you think you are? You post a bizarre, barely readable rant about 'experts in Thailand' that then descends in to a rant about English teachers. You are the definition of a 'hater'.

i know i will be harassed for this post , but seriously guys , have a good look at yourselves and think about what you post!

Take your own advice buddy

Edited by DP25
  • Like 1

robblock, i have actually worked in Thailand , under subcontract ,to an aussie company being paid in aus $ at aussie rates and i found it extremely enjoyable, and i can appreciate what you say about money disappearing over time.

i just think to survive here you need either truck loads of cash or a viable source of income.

i am putting money in property so i will have a continuing source of income when i am ready to finish work also i do not want to get either bored or broke enough to be able to live the lifestyle if find i enjoy.i want to be able to travel , pay for decent education for family and i i feel like it replace cars or bikes as needed.

as i said surviving and living are two different things in my book.

moose

i just think to survive here you need either truck loads of cash or a viable source of income.

If you come across a place where it's possible to survive without a viable source of income, please let us know.

Edited by SoiBiker

mate, everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesnt mean we have to automatically respect it especially if ours is different or you think they are wrong. Part of having an opinion is being able to defend it, after all, if you are going to try to make statements you need to be able to say why you are making them or to be able to defend them and also be able to shoot down someone elses if you disagree.

How do respect someone that thinks it is ok to kill/threaten anyone with different views to theirs, you cant and this is why we have these lengthy debates in here. What we are doing is stating our opinions and then defending them o=r showing why the other opinion is wrong in our opinion. Like ars*holes, everyone has an opinion but that doesnt mean it is a good one, also like ars*holes, a lot of them just dribble sh*t.

Actually I think it is that some of us come here because we like the culture and we immerse ourselves in it. Others come here because they want to live in a different place. I think you are referring to the latter, which sadly is a large and ever growing community!!!wai2.gif

could some enlightened members of this forum please explain to me why is it that whenever somebody puts a posy up on this forum , people either argue or belittle the original poster ?

when i grew up my dad taught me to respect another persons opinion weather you agreed with it or not !

no matter what you post , you seem to be attacked by " Thailand experts" or keyboard warriors.

are you guys that bored that you have nothing better to do with your time ?

are they that miserable that they simply attack other posters to make themselves seem better or are they simply keyboard warriors ?

every person i have met who is an active and frequent poster on this forum is a bloody expert on all things thai !

the most "thai" farang i have met in Thailand is a itinerant, undernourished writer, fluent in thai, single father, raising his lovely daughter, from his aged motorsai, who has been wandering around this country since the 70's, when i speak to him he simply laughs at most of these " experts"

also i cannot see the attraction for a middle aged farang moving to Thailand to take up a" teaching position for a wage that is barely above subsistence level at best, not to detract for the privileged few who are employed by high end institutions that actually receive a respectable wage.

i am fortunate enough to be able to receive a decent wage @ $ 12500 AUD after tax a month and spend @ 4 months a year in thailand with family,i am not bragging or saying "look at me, look at me" , i am actually qualified enough to teach in Thailand ,and am trainer/lecturer ATM. was raised in an english speaking country, i am just not ready to retire until the bank account is big enough to allow me to live very comfortably, i just cannot see the attraction of sitting in a backwater village struggling to pay for food on a salary of baht 20 000 a month, continual visa hassles with schools and work permit problems.

the proliferation of " native english speaker " teachers that come from a country where english is a second language is amazing.

for example how can you teach english properly if your native tongue is german ? shouldn't these jobs be limited to people who grew up speaking english ?

this is/was a good forum and it is annoying to see the gradual change for the worst !

plus you do not know who is hiding behind a nickname,

moose

"Am trainer/lecturer"

Yes, you do lecture.

T

Why are you angry Moose?

Don't think he is angry, think he is a cantankerous, judgemental middle aged white man that's all, he will fit in well in Thailand

White Man?