Investigation finds senior Immigration Police officers linked to visa scam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why am I not surprised ... I actually know of someone who gets his extension based on retirement (money in the bank) extended each year for about 20,000Baht ... he doesn't have the 800,000 Baht ... says it cheaper than a flight back to the UK! I don't think that I will see much change in this area in the not-too immediate future!!!!!!!!!!

this is a common practice + there is a company that openly advertises Retirement Visas guaranteed" even if you have not reached 50 and do not meet the baht requirements - no problems they have paid their tea money so no chance of anyone being involved in something underhand.

What happens to those with a visa obtained from said company - nothing. This is why foreigners will continue to use these services. So many corrupt farang here tempting these officers.

That last sentence must be a joke surely?

• Like 2

Why am I not surprised ... I actually know of someone who gets his extension based on retirement (money in the bank) extended each year for about 20,000Baht ... he doesn't have the 800,000 Baht ... says it cheaper than a flight back to the UK! I don't think that I will see much change in this area in the not-too immediate future!!!!!!!!!!

20, 000 baht! It's 12 grand round our way ... Someone is being well ripped off.

How much do the money lenders charge for 800k for 2 months?

Should be about 16-20k.

12k is a good price. rolleyes.gif

Well, an agent only needs 1 lot of 800,000 baht. If he has more he can serve more clients per day. He puts in into the a/c of client number 1, nips to Immi with the passport and bank book, gets the visa, withdraws the 800k and goes on to client number 2.

Of course, he may just bung the Immi officer to 'see' a non-existent bank book ...

And/ or bank managers also on the take supplying letters 'confirming 800k has been seasoned'

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"

"

They should be fired and facing criminal charges then stint at the Hilton

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"

"

Heck yeah, bring those corruption skills over to the top of the pyramid so said skills can be duly recognized, appreciated, and gained from.

Is there any evidence, apart from logic and conjecture, to suggest in such transfers that those transferred are brought under the wing of the uplink diamond members of the MLM corruption food chain as damage control to preserve the revenue stream and public opinion?

Edited by unanimosity

this is a common practice + there is a company that openly advertises Retirement Visas guaranteed" even if you have not reached 50 and do not meet the baht requirements - no problems they have paid their tea money so no chance of anyone being involved in something underhand.

I read about these 20.000 THB procedure in a German Thailand forum. One German could neither provide a statement of sufficient income nor the required sum in his bank account. He, too, used the services of that ominous company for THB 20.000. It worked out nicely for a couple of years until recently he got arrested. Fortunately his friends bought all his possessions at decent prices so he was able to pay the hefty fine that spared him a long term jail sentence. After 2 months in jail he was kicked out of the country and banned from returning for lifetime.

Seems it was really worth the money.

• Like 1

"

only thailand will will they spread the corruption instead of cutting it out and burn it. and you wonder why its so rampant. haha. .

(off topic) a new law ... states any new products entering thailand must be tested for 4 years, thats R&D for yeeeeaarrrrssss. the families who hold the monopoly do not want competition in products. its also to FORCE COMPANIES TO PAY HUGE BRIBES>>> DO NOT INVEST IN THAILAND. unless its like small time. like a bar, or open a noodle shop. .. or a 711 lol.

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

:)

Actually it's a part of masking an officer ( OSD) by transferring him to HQ. chances are they will be be given retirement or kept at HQ without any appointment. Until the manage their superior boss to get a new posting.

It would make sense that if the officers involved had come under suspicion that they would be brought back to headquarters so an eye could be kept on them while the investigation was completed. Similar to putting staff on administrative leave in some countries, but since they aren't proven guilty, they can still get paid and while getting paid they can work. Fair enough?

What took them so long? This has not only been going on for a long time but also is advertised freely, i.e. IT IS NOT A SECRET!

And I am sure that the constraint is not having the money to lend the expat, as fast work on a computer and printer will easily produce the required fake bank book and letter. This is Thailand, you really think that the Immigration officers cannot make a fake document for themselves to approve?

clap2.gif

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

They have showed such potential, they've been promoted to the big league.

A transfer to HQ does not necessarely mean that will be all.

Transfer to HQ is just the first step...............

Investigate + find guilty = transfer,

In a civilized county (which omits Thailand), it would be...

Investigate + find guilty + suspension + prosecution + conviction = Fired, Fined, Jailed.

Edit: fired, fined, jailed and raped daily! Maybe there is a God.....

General practice at BIB Tea Money Unlimited is to retain 1/3 of the take and feed the upper echelons.

The only reason they got busted was because they weren't passing enough cash up the food chain and have gotten a smack on the hand as a warning to all other BIB to take your fair share and pass it on.

The only reason ANY corruption is busted in Thailand is if somebody tries to retain more than the "agreed" 30%. Their superiors get annoyed and bring out the wooden ruler.

Same applies to government spending/corruption. 30% corruption of government spending is the nationally agreed ratio, exceed it (which means you're taking some other mugs tea money), and suffer the consequences.

Of course you have proof of this?.........if so, post it or hand it in. If it's just hearsay....then your opinion is worth nothing.

Sorry if it sounds cynic but this news fills me with malicious glee, because this time it's not a little spot on their west, it's more like a cannonball in a pool of the brown stuff. Even more as it is pretty open to see how thai-stylish they try to handle it.

where do you live

20, 000 baht! It's 12 grand round our way ... Someone is being well ripped off.

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

This is how you fight corruption.

Your comment may be sarcasm, but if PCAd were really trying to stamp out corruption, they would be all over this story like a rash, The monk and his rent-a-mob would be besieiging immigration poloce HQ demanding these offenders be be thrown in gaol, but they are conspicuouis by their silence. We can discern two points from this: the first is that PCAD is not about stamping out corruption; and secondly, corrupt officials will rarely be prosecuted for their crimes. Corruption is endemic in Thailand. It has been for hundreds of years and will continue to be for many years to come irrespective of which political party, dictator or junta is in power.

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

This is how you fight corruption.

Your comment may be sarcasm, but if PCAd were really trying to stamp out corruption, they would be all over this story like a rash, The monk and his rent-a-mob would be besieiging immigration poloce HQ demanding these offenders be be thrown in gaol, but they are conspicuouis by their silence. We can discern two points from this: the first is that PCAD is not about stamping out corruption; and secondly, corrupt officials will rarely be prosecuted for their crimes. Corruption is endemic in Thailand. It has been for hundreds of years and will continue to be for many years to come irrespective of which political party, dictator or junta is in power.

Thanks for the new insight. ;)