Earthquake in CM

AnotherOneAmerican

You're all babies. Bit of a rattle of doors and cleaning up around the fish tank.

Then again nothing else noteworthy well happen today. wink.png

Considering the devastation that some earthquakes have done around the world not to mention the deadly tsunami that hit Thailand a few years back. I think it's pretty natural that people got a little scared while it was happening and it's pretty disrespectful not to mention very easy to say after it has happened. No one was there to see if you were crapping in your pants...

• Like 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that big, not bigger than the 2012 IMHO.

Agree this one was closer though.I live on the 17th floor and sat through them both. The chandelier was swinging much more in the last one than this one. So I was not to worried.

You're all babies. Bit of a rattle of doors and cleaning up around the fish tank.

I would challenge you to endure what I experienced on the 12th floor and say that, not possible of course but trust me, it beat anything Southern Calif threw at me.

Not to mention, SC has better building regs.

Guess you missed the Whittier, Coalinga and Northridge Quakes.

I'm in Melbourne for a few weeks and my wife called me and she was terrified for herself and our son.

Tell her not to worry. Your pretty safe there. Melbourne is not that bad. Parts of Sydney (Redfern, Lakemba, Parramatta) are far worse.

OK, I'm lost. Is mamborobert's post - and the likes - satirical/sarcastic or is reading comprehension severely lacking here? ??

I'm in Melbourne for a few weeks and my wife called me and she was terrified for herself and our son.

Tell her not to worry. Your pretty safe there. Melbourne is not that bad. Parts of Sydney (Redfern, Lakemba, Parramatta) are far worse.

OK, I'm lost. Is mamborobert's post - and the likes - satirical/sarcastic or is reading comprehension severely lacking here? ??

I suspect he was extracting the urine.

tongue.png

Considering the devastation that some earthquakes have done around the world not to mention the deadly tsunami that hit Thailand a few years back. I think it's pretty natural that people got a little scared while it was happening and it's pretty disrespectful not to mention very easy to say after it has happened. No one was there to see if you were crapping in your pants...

Sure, and it was a biggie for that region, though it's about as big as it gets as the faults up that way are slippy, so keep ya knickers on ;)

• Like 1

And another small shake in the Meechok are at 6:07. I guess we should not be surprised. Pity that WTK was so dismissive of those who felt worried by the shaking, but then a buffalo is a pretty slow witted character.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Every 2 houres an after shock so far. The last one was 6.05 h. Don't know if this is usual but it takes quite a long time in my opinion.

Yes it is very usual after a large quake & 6. is large by any measure

Largest I have ever been in was a 6.7 in 1983 & was 1 mile from epicenter ( Not Thailand )

The worst part of that one was the duration was 50+ seconds long

Home I was in moved back 4 feet & sunk 3' in sections

After shocks will be their worse near the epicenter so we are fairly lucky to be in Chiang Mai a good distance from that.

But yes after shocks some severe are quite normal after a big quake

Edited by mania

The first quake was the biggest one I've ever felt in Chiang Mai and made me nervous despite living in Northern California for many years. I didn't feel any of the after shocks, although I might have been sleeping at the time.

• Like 2

The first quake was the biggest one I've ever felt in Chiang Mai and made me nervous despite living in Northern California for many years. I didn't feel any of the after shocks, although I might have been sleeping at the time.

Same here & having lived thru larger still I know what they can be so a large one makes me a bit uneasy too.

More so because of now living in a large building. It is not so bad in a home especially one that you know the structural integrity of.

I think we also slept thru the one reported at 4am-ish but I was wakened by something at that time then heard many doors closing down the hall

which would be odd for that hour so imagine we may have missed one :)

Me too, I've never experienced like that anywhere.