Thai PM Yingluck set to face court as legal troubles intensify

webfact

Oh, my good lord you're funny. I forgot that everything the PTP does has to be approved by Thaksin in certain peoples eyes. I get it now, haha.......................... Next

Wasn't that their election slogan?

No the slogan was Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts, which is nowhere near the same as what you're alluding to which would be, Thaksin decides, Pheu Thai acts.

So your rejoinder wasn't as pithy or as witty as you and your "likees" presumably thought it was.................Next, coffee1.gif

Them desperate semantics again.

Not trying to compete with the authority, eloquence and wit of your trademark "Next".

To be perfectly honest semantics at it's most basic is the study of the meanings of words and if anything, my use of what you call semantics in a demeaning way, was not desperate but should be seen as educational - just not by everybody it seems.

Edited by fab4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Critics accuse the Constitutional Court of rushing through Yingluck's case and allege previous rulings show that it is politically biased against the Shinawatras.

This means that when a court convicts a PTP member it s bias, not that maybe they are a corrupt bunch, stealing from Thai citizens. YL has had ample time to respond. She, and her lawyers, have been devising all sorts of schemes to hang on to their alleged 'power'. Slowing the process is bad for the country, but then, they were never in it for the good of the country. Corruption is rampant. Differing opinions are crushed. Elections are bought. Other parties are threatened with violence. Laws adjusted to fit the Sae Khu clan.

For the life of me I can t see the difference with Adolf and the brown shirts and the Sae Khu clan and the red shirts. Democracy is lost.

Well you should learn to be more discerning. A comparison between the Shinawatra family and UDD with Hitler and the SA is the last refuge of a failed argument and renders the rest of your "opinion" irrelevant (in my opinion).

Oh, the Shinawatra family name was adopted by Thaksins father in 1938 because of the anti Chinese movement here. I don't know what you are trying to say by using the Sae Khu family name, perhaps subtle racism, but the Shinawatra siblings you are talking about have always been Shinawatras and for some strange reason they are referred to as Shinawatra. Why, you even managed to use their real name in the first line of your post, wasn't so hard, was it.

A very large number of UK politicians, past and present, have changed their names or their families have. Some quiet senior. The reason - to avoid ethnic and religious discrimination and to make themselves more appealing to electorate by appearing to be of the same heritage,

The Shinawatra family are Chinese who changed their name to appear Thai to avoid persecution and bias against them. Sae Khu is the original family name. Nothing wrong in pointing out the history to people. Might help in contextualizing certain attitudes and actions.

You just pointing to a well known historical fact. Chinese have started to trade with Asia since the Meng dynasty and descendants have married locals and change their names. Oh, Ahbisit Chinese family name is Yuan. Their attitudes are very much localized.

I see once again the prefix of caretaker has been dropped, so she is back as PM again.

The same seems to apply to the cabinet ministers.

In there eyes only.

I also note that :

The ruling Pheu Thai Party's spokesman Prompong Nopparit said his party would meet to consider Ahbisit's 10-step roadmap today. Pheu Thai key members claim that the plan goes against the charter

So they haven't as yet met to consider Abhisits plan yet have dismissed it out of hand.

Apparently they have.

They have agreed on an election date.

Then again they haven't got the brains to understand what is happening they are all in a daze. They stand around and say to themselves what happened Thaksin gave us this money to do this and we did it now what went wrong?

They are acting like they did in the house Refusing to listen to reason. If it got to reasonable they didn't allow them to talk. Only this time they can't shut them up and the people will see that there is alternatives.wai.gif

Guilty of nepotism? How ironic! Let the first 'elite' without sin, cast the first stone.

Completely agree. I see the senate make up is not far from your mind. The most contentious point being that relatives could contend for positions in the senate. Don't get me wrong I am a strong supporter of nepotism if you own a fish and chip shop. It is a nice family business. However The Right Honorable Ahbisit learned at Eton and Oxford that successful govt's are not "family businesses" When a govt becomes a family business the name changes to a regime.

Well done and nice post.

Is Singapore an example of a "successful government" or a "regime"?

In my opinion Singapore is an authoritarian regime defined by enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Singaporeans live in an atmosphere where freedom of speech, association and assembly are suppressed. The news media is clearly a lap dog of the ruling PAP party which has ruled for four decades. The judiciary is corrupt and controlled by the PAP party.

Critics accuse the Constitutional Court of rushing through Yingluck's case and allege previous rulings show that it is politically biased against the Shinawatras.

This means that when a court convicts a PTP member it s bias, not that maybe they are a corrupt bunch, stealing from Thai citizens. YL has had ample time to respond. She, and her lawyers, have been devising all sorts of schemes to hang on to their alleged 'power'. Slowing the process is bad for the country, but then, they were never in it for the good of the country. Corruption is rampant. Differing opinions are crushed. Elections are bought. Other parties are threatened with violence. Laws adjusted to fit the Sae Khu clan.

For the life of me I can t see the difference with Adolf and the brown shirts and the Sae Khu clan and the red shirts. Democracy is lost.

Well you should learn to be more discerning. A comparison between the Shinawatra family and UDD with Hitler and the SA is the last refuge of a failed argument and renders the rest of your "opinion" irrelevant (in my opinion).

Oh, the Shinawatra family name was adopted by Thaksins father in 1938 because of the anti Chinese movement here. I don't know what you are trying to say by using the Sae Khu family name, perhaps subtle racism, but the Shinawatra siblings you are talking about have always been Shinawatras and for some strange reason they are referred to as Shinawatra. Why, you even managed to use their real name in the first line of your post, wasn't so hard, was it.

A very large number of UK politicians, past and present, have changed their names or their families have. Some quiet senior. The reason - to avoid ethnic and religious discrimination and to make themselves more appealing to electorate by appearing to be of the same heritage,

The Shinawatra family are Chinese who changed their name to appear Thai to avoid persecution and bias against them. Sae Khu is the original family name. Nothing wrong in pointing out the history to people. Might help in contextualizing certain attitudes and actions.

Actually the name was and is Shinawat. I don't know why they added the silent 'ra' to the latin version when Thai is a phonetic language, unless it was some kind of hi-so/status thing like adding an 'e' to the common Clark.

Guilty of nepotism? How ironic! Let the first 'elite' without sin, cast the first stone.

Completely agree. I see the senate make up is not far from your mind. The most contentious point being that relatives could contend for positions in the senate. Don't get me wrong I am a strong supporter of nepotism if you own a fish and chip shop. It is a nice family business. However The Right Honorable Ahbisit learned at Eton and Oxford that successful govt's are not "family businesses" When a govt becomes a family business the name changes to a regime.

Well done and nice post.

Is Singapore an example of a "successful government" or a "regime"?

In my opinion Singapore is an authoritarian regime defined by enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Singaporeans live in an atmosphere where freedom of speech, association and assembly are suppressed. The news media is clearly a lap dog of the ruling PAP party which has ruled for four decades. The judiciary is corrupt and controlled by the PAP party.

I wouldn't define the Singapore judiciary as corrupt and controlled by the PAP. They have to work by and within the laws of the country.

Lee Kwan Yu with his almost total majority - verging on dictatorship - changed many laws targeting the opposition. For example libel & defamation ensured that the opposition couldn't open their mouths without being sued for large sums of money. Then other laws forced them into bankruptcy which meant they could not stand for election.....and so on.

To the topic. The PTP and their friends in militia-land have done their best to undermine and intimidate the CC - not a good ploy. If anything, it has probably increased the chances of her being found guilty. Nor are lunchboxes likely to work.

She'd have been better off resigning.