Supreme Commander General Thanasak denies rumor of him backing Abhisit

Supreme commander denies rumor of him backing Abhisit

BANGKOK, 7 May 2014 (NNT) – Supreme Commander of the Thai Armed Forces General Thanasak Patimaprakorn has denied rumors that he is supporting the political reform road map proposed by the Democrat Party.

After presiding over a seminar held at the Thailand National Defense College, General Thanasak said it was just a rumor that he supported the Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva’s nine-point political road,map, affirming his neutrality on political issues.

The rumor began to spread after the supreme commander had met with Mr. Abhisit on April 28th to exchange thoughts and ideas.

The Democrat Party leader has proposed that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra resign and that the election be postponed in order to avoid the possibility of future violence and a military coup d’etat.

The proposal also calls for a neutral interim government, which will be in charge of a political reform.

The reform process should take about 18 months, and the election should be organized within 150-180 days upon the completion of the reform.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-07 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

"The reform process should take about 18 months, and the election should be organized within 150-180 days upon the completion of the reform."
------------
Sloppy reporting or deliberately wrong and misleading?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Abhisits plan for a 5 month delay for an election: 1 month to prepare a reform proposal - 2 months to conduct a referendum - 2 more months for an election - then 1 year later a new election.

General Thanasak spoke at the Thailand National Defense College - is that a part of the Thailand PDRC?

Gen Thanasak does look handsome sitting at the shiny big desk of the supreme commander, that crisp Army uniform and all, and all those papers spread across the desk.

Then there's the guy who makes the big decisions, Gen Prayuth, commander in chief of the Army which is the main force and muscle of the Thai military. It's obvious Gen Thanasak has been given the freedom to support whomever he likes and that Abhisit will talk to whomever has the time to listen.

Gen Prayuth meanwhile remains silent and deliberate.

• Like 2

Someones been telling porkies again. Has he no shame.

Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva met with Supreme Commander Gen Thanasak Patimaprakorn on Monday and says he has backed his efforts to seek a solution for the country's political crisis.

"The supreme commander supports what I have been doing.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Abhisit-says-he-has-backing-from-supreme-commander-30232394.html

This guy is a general disaster with foot in mouth syndrome.

Thanasak was a junior officer at the time of the 1991-92 calamity and a rising commander during the 2006 military mutiny coup period of martial law yet he's still carrying on as in the old ways that Gen Prayuth and almost all other senior commanders have reigned themselves in from pursuing.

This guy remains a political general of the old school so should be regarded and treated as such. He's also AV's kind of general.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva met with Supreme Commander Gen Thanasak Patimaprakorn on Monday and says he has backed his efforts to seek a solution for the country's political crisis.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Abhisit-says-he-has-backing-from-supreme-commander-30232394.html

Were you at the meeting between the two of them?

Do you know exactly what was said?

Perhaps it is YOU repeating unsubstantiated rumours.

Have YOU no shame?

• Like 2

Were you at the meeting between the two of them?

Do you know exactly what was said?

Perhaps it is YOU repeating unsubstantiated rumours.

Have YOU no shame?

Look you either accept the forums main choice of "news provider" or you don't, you can't have it both ways. My comments are backed up with links, yours seemingly with bitterness.

Edited by fab4

fab 4 post # 6

Someones been telling porkies again. Has he no shame

You're the expert regarding fabricating porkies as your posts show. Indeed you have proved countless time that you have no shame

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

fab 4 post # 6

Someones been telling porkies again. Has he no shame

You're the expert regarding fabricating porkies as your posts show. Indeed you have proved countless time that you have no shame

Point out where I tell lies siampolee or wind your neck in.

General Thanasak spoke at the Thailand National Defense College - is that a part of the Thailand PDRC?

Gen Thanasak does look handsome sitting at the shiny big desk of the supreme commander, that crisp Army uniform and all, and all those papers spread across the desk.

Then there's the guy who makes the big decisions, Gen Prayuth, commander in chief of the Army which is the main force and muscle of the Thai military. It's obvious Gen Thanasak has been given the freedom to support whomever he likes and that Abhisit will talk to whomever has the time to listen.

A few days ago you seemed to attribute more significance to Abhisit's meeting with Thanasak.

Just because you talk to some one doesn't indicate that you approve or back any particular issue , you just had a talk , so what.

Your point is well taken. During "normal times" such a conversation would hardly raise any eyebrows. Considering the current situation I would exercise discretion if I were the General and avoid any appearances that could lead to speculation.

The military and politicians unfortunately have created an atmosphere of distrust by past actions. A clear separation of the military and politicians is the path that could be considered in Thailand.

• Like 2

Just because you talk to some one doesn't indicate that you approve or back any particular issue , you just had a talk , so what.

Your point is well taken. During "normal times" such a conversation would hardly raise any eyebrows. Considering the current situation I would exercise discretion if I were the General and avoid any appearances that could lead to speculation.

The military and politicians unfortunately have created an atmosphere of distrust by past actions. A clear separation of the military and politicians is the path that could be considered in Thailand.

It's not the "talk" that is the problem. The problem is abhisit has been going around telling all and sundry, in his bid to get his "proposal" accepted, that he has the full backing of the Supreme Commander. The Supreme Commander is denying this statement by abhisit. One of them is lying.

fab4 post # 12,

Point out where I tell lies siampolee or wind your neck in.

You really are an arrogant little man aren't you with your ''orders.''

Never like it when the accusations you make rebound on you do you

Do cast your minds back to the multitude of posts that you have made greatly distorting the truth.

Nothing wrong with allegations if they are true. I intensely dislike people like you calling me a liar on an anonymous forum with nothing to back it up.

We have a saying in England, I'm sure you must have heard it several times, "All mouth and no trousers".

"The reform process should take about 18 months, and the election should be organized within 150-180 days upon the completion of the reform."

------------

Sloppy reporting or deliberately wrong and misleading?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Abhisits plan for a 5 month delay for an election: 1 month to prepare a reform proposal - 2 months to conduct a referendum - 2 more months for an election - then 1 year later a new election.

That is 17 months before Thailand gets a proper election and the freedom it craves.

A few days ago you seemed to attribute more significance to Abhisit's meeting with Thanasak.

I'd posted that Abhisit met with Thanasak. That Abhisit then said the government could avoid a coup by accepting AV's proposals. That Thanasak was silent about AV's coup statements. That this could well mean Thanasak and AV had discussed a coup, which would give AV knowledge to speak to the matter of a coup. That AV and Thanasak could well have discussed a coup.

Abhisit and Thanasak are two peas in a pod - old school reactionary militarists.

In the meantime, you might give yourself a break from trolling to focus on your own posts.

I'd posted that Abhisit met with Thanasak. That Abhisit then said the government could avoid a coup by accepting AV's proposals. That Thanasak was silent about AV's coup statements. That this could well mean Thanasak and AV had discussed a coup, which would give AV knowledge to speak to the matter of a coup. That AV and Thanasak could well have discussed a coup.

Abhisit and Thanasak are two peas in a pod - old school reactionary militarists.

In the meantime, you might give yourself a break from trolling to focus on your own posts.

Methinks you're a bit touchy, wasn't trying to troll you or anything of the sort, just noting that you changed your opinion on that.

If I recall correctly you posted something along the lines of Abhisit having specific knowledge, whereas your current post seemed to me a little less definite, emphasizing Thanasak's relatively lower importance.

Thanasak isn't the one calling the Army's shots. Abhisit is well aware of that too.

Abhisit was (and maybe stil is) practically a non-factor. Both Thanasak and Prayuth knew that.

So irrelevant Abhisit meets an Army representative without much authority.

I wasn't, of course, present at the meeting, and I do not claim any superior sources pertaining to its content. However, given Prayuth's cautiousness when it cones to committing himself publicly, I doubt he's use a publicized meeting to pass any assurances to Abhisit, or even that the matter of military coup was discussed in any direct way.

• Like 2

Methinks you're a bit touchy, wasn't trying to troll you or anything of the sort, just noting that you changed your opinion on that.

If I recall correctly you posted something along the lines of Abhisit having specific knowledge, whereas your current post seemed to me a little less definite, emphasizing Thanasak's relatively lower importance.

Thanasak isn't the one calling the Army's shots. Abhisit is well aware of that too.

Abhisit was (and maybe stil is) practically a non-factor. Both Thanasak and Prayuth knew that.

I wasn't, of course, present at the meeting, and I do not claim any superior sources pertaining to its content. However, given Prayuth's cautiousness when it cones to committing himself publicly, I doubt he's use a publicized meeting to pass any assurances to Abhisit, or even that the matter of military coup was discussed in any direct way.

In your last graf do you mean to say who you named, Prayuth? AV and Prayuth did not have any meeting on the day.

Or did you mean to say Thanasak, the supreme commander with whom AV did meet.

leave her alone shes still in shock at the idiots removal..and still in denial about the rice scam...give her a chance to calm down before you start telling home truths..wai2.gif

In your last graf do you mean to say who you named, Prayuth? AV and Prayuth did not have any meeting on the day.

Or did you mean to say Thanasak, the supreme commander with whom AV did meet.

Yes, came out unclear.

Meant I doubt Prayuth would have used Thanasak as messenger to convey any commitment to Abhisit on this meeting.

• Like 1

But they have a clear separation! Haven't you noticed? The Army has steadfastly refused to obey any orders from the Government since 2008.

fab4 post # 18

We have a saying in England, I'm sure you must have heard it several times, "All mouth and no trousers".

A marvelous epitome of your own persona fab4 from your own minds.

Being an Englishman, my self I am totally aware of the assorted sayings in the U.K.

As I said before. ''I was born out of wedlock, hence I don't have to work at it like some people.''

"is that a part of the Thailand PDRC?" I dunno, is it? Enlighten us please.

"is that a part of the Thailand PDRC?" I dunno, is it? Enlighten us please.

You'll respectfully note I asked the question first, so you have to answer it first. tongue.png