Australia: Desperate search for Irishman who 'vanished off the face of the earth'

webfact

Desperate search for Irishman who 'vanished off the face of the earth': Missing man, 33, was last seen in broad daylight on street in Sydney's Bondi
Irishman Donal O'Sullivan has gone missing in Sydney, Australia
Donie, 33, vanished from a busy street near pub in Sydney's Bondi
The trained carpenter did not turn up for work two days later
Donie was 'reliable' and sharing a house with his younger brother Johnnie
Group of 100 young Irish people are scouring Sydney streets for traces of him
Donie's sister and brother-in-law Anne and Liam O'Hare preparing to fly out from Ireland to Australia to help in the search

SYDNEY: -- A 33-year-old Irish man who had been living in Australia for almost two years has vanished from a Sydney street in broad daylight on a Saturday in a crowded shopping area.

Up to 100 young people from the Irish community in Sydney's Bondi are searching the streets for Donal 'Donie’ O’ Sullivan, who is one of eight brothers and sisters from Clooney in Western Ireland. He has been living in Australia since June 2012.

Donie was last seen around 10.30am on Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, walking in the direction of the Cock ‘n Bull Bar on Ebley Street.

He had returned from an all night party in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs with one of his housemates and was looking for something to eat before returning to his home, just minutes away.

Donie, who shared a house with his younger brother Johnnie, and two other young Irish nationals, is regarded as reliable.

By Sunday night, his brother, and flatmates Amy Croffey and Jerry Calahane were worried enough to report him missing to Waverley Police Station.

They said a woman police officer did not regard the case as serious and they had to return again to the station to speak with other officers a day later.

On Monday morning, Donie usually picked up his fellow workmates at around 4am to drive the two hours to the Australian capital, Canberra, where they spent the week working as pipe layers for Sydney company, KNF.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622030/Missing-Irishman-Australia-vanished-face-earth-street-Sydneys-Bondi.html

[dmail]2014-05-07[/dmail]

some 250k people "vanish" in the UK every year and are reported to the police. Some turn up after months/years, some never to be seen.

the case of Donie is just 3 days old and sensational title from the daily mail made up as he was abducted by aliens, is just to sell paper

• Like 2

Posts #3 and #4. Poor form guys. Let's hope he's found and is OK. Been in Oz/bondi for two years so knows not to go for a dip down sth end of beach but from what I've heard the weather has been freezing

• Like 1

Given the catchy headline, I expected to read something about a person who actually has "magically dissolved" in front of eyewitnesses... Thousands of people "disappear" every day, so what's the news? Mentioning him walking towards certain bars after an all night drinking party in the article also did not really help to make this specific case sound "pressing" or "heart wrenching". Most likely he's spending some more drunk nights with a bird of his choosin' to magically reappear at work with a "sorry, I did not feel so well" excuse...

Had a scuba instructor employed once who was super, hard working and usually very reliable. But every three to six months or so, he would suddenly and without warning be on a pi$$ over a three days' stretch to then return for work. Despite his overall professional and helpful attitude and him being an instructor students simply loved, I kicked him out after him ignoring my second warning, because you never knew when he would zone out again.

How a story like this could make headlines is a miracle to me. Theres a f#$$ing whole airplane missing right now with over 200 people who disappeared along with it - and after the first media hype is over, nobody seems to give a toss... Why not report about that and investigate what really happened - that would be journalist work, but not copying a story about an Irish bloke who got lost after getting completely $#itfaced. Man, it's a crazy world out there...

Edited by catweazle

What is the relevance to Thailand ?

Am I missing something ?

Every other thread not started by Admin that has no relation to Thailand sure gets closed real quick.

Its all about a pissed Irishman gone missing,plenty of them in Thailand

some 250k people "vanish" in the UK every year and are reported to the police. Some turn up after months/years, some never to be seen.

the case of Donie is just 3 days old and sensational title from the daily mail made up as he was abducted by aliens, is just to sell paper

If myself or a loved one disappeared, I would hope that someone would notice and not shrug it off so lightly.

I read an article some time ago of a similar disappearance. The missing person had suffered a medical emergency, gone of the roadway in his car, crashed down a ravine and was trapped for days before searchers located him. The news papers did a great job publicizing his disappearance which aided in his rescue. No aliens were involved or even mentioned.

If myself or a loved one disappeared, I would hope that someone would notice and not shrug it off so lightly.

I read an article some time ago of a similar disappearance. The missing person had suffered a medical emergency, gone of the roadway in his car, crashed down a ravine and was trapped for days before searchers located him. The news papers did a great job publicizing his disappearance which aided in his rescue. No aliens were involved or even mentioned.

Well, then let's go and check the whore houses near Cock'n Bull bar, shall we? Perhaps we can rescue that poor soul...

Edited by catweazle

Am I missing something ?

Every other thread not started by Admin that has no relation to Thailand sure gets closed real quick.

this topic runs in the World News forum - no Thailand relation is required

/Admin

There are many people who go missing in Thailand every year, just walking down the street soi and abducted by bar girls.

Only if you're lucky can you remain abducted,usually some well meaning <deleted> come looking for you.

Am I missing something ?

based on your two comments so far it seems you've a bee in your rear about the Irish. What's the issue ?

Am I missing something ?

based on your two comments so far it seems you've a bee in your rear about the Irish. What's the issue ?

No issues with the Irish,just with idiots who go on an all night binge get pissed up to the gills and cause no end of trouble for other people, used to have issues like that with my brother,he was usually found passed out in someones back garden

Last seen at the Tea Gardens Hotel, hardly the place to expect him to be after a night of binge drinking,still he has been found now after 5 days,no doubt the longest time that he has been without a drink.