NACC to make decision on rice-pledging case against Yingluck at 1pm Thursday

webfact

The NACC decision will almost certainly involve the recommendation of impeachment proceedings in the Senate. It will have then become the constitutional responsibility of the Senate. Of course, the Senate is empowered for other things as well. There is a provision in the constitution to nominate a prime minister in lieu of a parliamentary quorum through the Senate. Pheu Thai, on the other hand, have decided to enact something that is not in the constitution, by nominating a prime minister among themselves through the cabinet. What Pheu Thai have decided is possible is not only a cabinet nominating a prime minister, but a caretaker cabinet nominating a prime minister. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament nominating a prime minister. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has had a prime minister removed for an unconstitutional act, Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without parliament whose very won membership has been decimated with the removal of nine of their own colleagues. Pheu Thai is nothing if not imaginative.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the newly "appointed" PM up for the same charges?

Just what I was thinking.

Was he not appointed to manage the rice pledging scheme? He could set the record for the shortest serving PM in Thailand's' history. Thaksin obviously didn't think it through when promoting another one of his cronies.bah.gifbah.gif

Edited by merlin2002

I think the more import thing is are they going for the cabinet ministers and the new CTPM, if so we are likely to see another CTPM who was not even in the cabinet yesterday morning by this evening.

Yingluck? Who is she?

Only a bad memory in the Thai history.

Exercise a little patience my friend.

She shall be back in the top job as soon as the people are given an opportunity to voice their wishes.

It is Suthep that you should being cherishing whilst you can for it is his future that looks the most bleak.

Isn't the newly "appointed" PM up for the same charges?

Just what I was thinking.

Was he not appointed to manage the rice pledging scheme? He could set the record for the shortest serving PM in Thailand's' history. Thaksin obviously didn't think it through when promoting another one of his cronies.bah.gifbah.gif

He might well beat the other one from chiangmai who was in for a couple of weeks I believe.

The NACC decision will almost certainly involve the recommendation of impeachment proceedings in the Senate. It will have then become the constitutional responsibility of the Senate. Of course, the Senate is empowered for other things as well. There is a provision in the constitution to nominate a prime minister in lieu of a parliamentary quorum through the Senate. Pheu Thai, on the other hand, have decided to enact something that is not in the constitution, by nominating a prime minister among themselves through the cabinet. What Pheu Thai have decided is possible is not only a cabinet nominating a prime minister, but a caretaker cabinet nominating a prime minister. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament nominating a prime minister. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has had a prime minister removed for an unconstitutional act, Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without parliament whose very won membership has been decimated with the removal of nine of their own colleagues. Pheu Thai is nothing if not imaginative.

No there isn't.

I know you lot wish the Senate can appoint the interim PM (or better still a full PM), but that's not one of their powers and there's no provision for appointing any PM.

I love a challenge so I will take it up

My wife's family are rice farmers and they have benefited as a result of the Rice Pledging Scheme.

The wanted to buy additional land last year (my money, lol) After looking at the scheme I told them to put in a much lower offer on the land that they were interested in. The Offer was refused. This year we have been offered the same block of land at a lower price than it would have fetched before the scheme - Thank you one time.

I asked the family not plant any rice last year and plant green manure instead to help reverse some of the land derogation issues (anyone who has seen land in Isaan would understand.)The trade off was that I had to buy the families rice for the year - I ended up paying less than it would have cost to grow because of the effect of the stockpile on the price of rice - Thank you 2 times.

My wife used to work in a corporate job in BKK but due to the success of the PTP management of the floods the company relocated to Isaan so now she can work near home. Thank you 3 times

That good enough to win the challenge?

So you're not above exploiting the local Thais. I bet you're a real asset to the community.

My wife's family are rice farmers and they have benefited as a result of the Rice Pledging Scheme.

The wanted to buy additional land last year (my money, lol) After looking at the scheme I told them to put in a much lower offer on the land that they were interested in. The Offer was refused. This year we have been offered the same block of land at a lower price than it would have fetched before the scheme - Thank you one time.

I asked the family not plant any rice last year and plant green manure instead to help reverse some of the land derogation issues (anyone who has seen land in Isaan would understand.)The trade off was that I had to buy the families rice for the year - I ended up paying less than it would have cost to grow because of the effect of the stockpile on the price of rice - Thank you 2 times.

My wife used to work in a corporate job in BKK but due to the success of the PTP management of the floods the company relocated to Isaan so now she can work near home. Thank you 3 times

So you're not above exploiting the local Thais. I bet you're a real asset to the community.

I would not say that - I paid extra for the rice knowing that it had not been in the stockpile, I like fresh rice.

Yet to decide about the land - they are pushing cause the loan shark enforcers are pushing them (you do not want to discuss who they are). Last year there was only one suitable lot of land - now there is at least 7 and the damage done to the Rice industry by PTP is only just starting to bit.

And yes the community do think I am an asset

• Like 2

I would not say that - I paid extra for the rice knowing that it had not been in the stockpile, I like fresh rice.

Yet to decide about the land - they are pushing cause the loan shark enforcers are pushing them (you do not want to discuss who they are). Last year there was only one suitable lot of land - now there is at least 7 and the damage done to the Rice industry by PTP is only just starting to bit.

And yes the community do think I am an asset

especially those of us in the tv community...i just tipped my hat to you sir...shes just bitter...i mean really bitter...and she aint even thai or over here.w00t.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Her ex husband predicted she would be fired and jailed. So far he knows her best.

EX husband? When did that happen?

He is exhibiting all the qualities that Thai's admire the most.

• Like 1

She is still HOT, wonder if she is looking for a job ?

She would be a very lousy employee, as she had never worked one day in her life

McDonald offers a good training

Please could you explain how the above amounts to exploitation. I've tried to look at it from many different angles but do not see how he is exploiting anybody.

1 PM Thursday?

Now it is after 2 PM...

Thai television says they are meeting.

Surprised it's not being televised as the CC was yesterday.

Maybe 1 PM they meet to decide and when they are finish they come out and tell?

But sounds a bit strange...

She can be criminally charged? Thaksin's brown shirts Red Shirts aren't going to like this if Thaksin tells them to not like it. I wonder which country she will self-exile herself to to avoid jail time. Certainly she won't want to live anywhere near her brother who put her in the situation. Before she became PM, her life was nice: she was very wealthy and could shop with fiends, etc.. Now her life is in tatters all because of big brother.

Ha! "could shop with fiends."

Freudian slap ...... cheesy.gif

oops! Spell checker failed me. It is funny, though.

But true.

• Like 1

Your definition of "exploitation" is somewhat confused.

Issanaus gave good advice, that was listened to, and the Thai's benefitted from it. He even used his own money to help out.

So, the family has the option on cheaper land, he has improved their current land, and his wife works closer to home.

Some people are just bitter and twisted and look for bad, even where it does not exist.

Get over it. Your hero was a failure, corrupt and self serving...and as a result...she can also work closer to home. Everybody wins.

Well you know best whistling.gif

Thai's own some land. His family offer a price on it. He persuades the family to offer a lower price - it is refused. One year later, the land is offered at a lower price. He is happy to tell the forum about it. The land owning family have lost out but hey he and his family have done all right out of it and thanking the PTP for it. It's similar to ginjag crowing over the fact that one of his income streams has increased because the baht has weakened due to the political situation.

The Germans have a word for it, schadenfreude. If that's me being "bitter and twisted", well, I'm happy with my outlook on life.

Your definition of "exploitation" is somewhat confused.

Issanaus gave good advice, that was listened to, and the Thai's benefitted from it. He even used his own money to help out.

So, the family has the option on cheaper land, he has improved their current land, and his wife works closer to home.

Some people are just bitter and twisted and look for bad, even where it does not exist.

Get over it. Your hero was a failure, corrupt and self serving...and as a result...she can also work closer to home. Everybody wins.

Well you know best whistling.gif

Thai's own some land. His family offer a price on it. He persuades the family to offer a lower price - it is refused. One year later, the land is offered at a lower price. He is happy to tell the forum about it. The land owning family have lost out but hey he and his family have done all right out of it and thanking the PTP for it. It's similar to ginjag crowing over the fact that one of his income streams has increased because the baht has weakened due to the political situation.

The Germans have a word for it, schadenfreude. If that's me being "bitter and twisted", well, I'm happy with my outlook on life.

??????? Schadenfreude means to be happy about the problems someone else has. I can't connect it to your example.

• Like 1