Cabinet asks Council of State to consider Yingluck's status as defence minister

webfact

This is just making Thailand look more and more stupid.

It is obvious she is no longer defense minister.

ALL cabinet members involved in the Thawil scandal MUST leave their positions.... defense minister IS a cabinet position and SHE was involved in the scandal.

She loses both positions.... it is OBVIOUS

It might be obvious to us but it is nothing is obvious to these moronic delinquents!!!

She was not defence Minister until 2013 and the court only targetted the ones who were ministers in 2011.

Now we see what happens when you rush a decision and it may be why the NACC are late with thier bit of the Coup.

More important is the question of whether she can stand in the July 20th election.

If Thailand had proper judges instead of Ammart bully boys this sort of thing would not happen (so often)

She's already been judged as being unqualified to hold office.

That's rather unambiguous

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She was not defence Minister until 2013 and the court only targetted the ones who were ministers in 2011.

Now we see what happens when you rush a decision and it may be why the NACC are late with thier bit of the Coup.

More important is the question of whether she can stand in the July 20th election.

If Thailand had proper judges instead of Ammart bully boys this sort of thing would not happen (so often)

So, following that logic Chalerm while no longer caretaker Minister of Labour could now be appointed caretaker Minister of Finance? Somehow I don't think it works that way, and who knows when lawyers get involved?

Following that logic Chalerm and Surapong are still leading CAPO......I was pretty shocked to read that.

As PT are still in office and are the caretaker govt how can there have been a coup. Those who abused their authority are gone because of their own deeds. No coup.

ALL cabinet members involved in the Thawil scandal MUST leave their positions.... defense minister IS a cabinet position and SHE was involved in the scandal.

Well explained, WoopyDoo, and with reasoned logic. Now, we all know that logic is not the strongest trait of our ever-smiling hosts, though. Far from it.

If they want to pursue the original question further, they also should consider whether Surapong, the former foreign minister, is still a deputy prime minister (because he held those 2 posts). And how about Plodprasob? And Pracha? And, and, and.... nine times.

It's just a never-ending clown circus here - The Greatest Show on Earth.

One could say that when a government official is removed from office being found guilty in a case of 'conflict of interest' that person would be removed from ALL government functions he/she holds at the time of the verdict.

Your posts contains some interesting 'qualifiers' which are needed I guess to substantiate your arguments.

From your local hasty coupist,

uncle rubl

What a whinge -- and I do not even like your target. Gods, someone let reason back into the room before everyone falls in love with their own voices.

So, following that logic Chalerm while no longer caretaker Minister of Labour could now be appointed caretaker Minister of Finance? Somehow I don't think it works that way, and who knows when lawyers get involved?

Old Bill had it right, kill all the lawyers... thumbsup.gif

Oh but we are talking about lawyers here. It would be obvious if it was in the ruling. These judges have been in a hurry to scratch backs and have made a boo-boo in the process. Much like the democrats did with the constitution rewrite and the coup generals did with the constitution thailand is struggling with now. Left hand jobs done in a hurry by people appointed due to position and ties, not competence. This is what you get.

So if Yingluck due to a technicality still is defence minister, of course the government should use that so their opponents can yell a bit at each other and spend time fixing the mistake.

What do you not understand about impeachment. ? Unfit to function, unfit to hold any parliamentary position.

Blatantly guilty of fraud ,nepotism and massive malfeasance. Basically a massive waste of time and space and a disgrace to both her position and public.

oh go fall off ya pushbike moronic loony tunes is all you sprout

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

The ammart scheduled a judicial coup and woke up on Wednesday morning proud and all stiffened up thinking they would blow their load all over the place but all they did was fart.

Turned out the ammart couldn't cook the government the way they'd thought they could and the whole thing came out half baked. Nothing has changed since then. In fact and as it is now evident things for them are worse.

I'm reminded of Prez Andrew Jackson, a general who defeated the British in the War of 1812, when he told the Supreme Court, "You made your decision, now you enforce it."

And here you'd thought the old ways would still ring true. The ammart for too long have manipulated and abused the law and legal processes so now it's turned on 'em to slap them in the face. The election will be a good swift kick to the ammart.

• Like 1

A good post Publicus, apart from the bit about defeating us in 1812: was that before or after my regiment burnt down the White House?

I wasn't serving in it at the time you will understand.....

Edited by JAG

Well explained, WoopyDoo, and with reasoned logic. Now, we all know that logic is not the strongest trait of our ever-smiling hosts, though. Far from it.

If they want to pursue the original question further, they also should consider whether Surapong, the former foreign minister, is still a deputy prime minister (because he held those 2 posts). And how about Plodprasob? And Pracha? And, and, and.... nine times.

It's just a never-ending clown circus here - The Greatest Show on Earth.

The word is oblivious and it applies to you jokers who failed to recognize the days of the coup d'état whether it's a military mutiny or a judicial one are over.

So you're actually missing the obvious.

I'm sitting here laughing at how the ammart could only manage a half baked judicial coup to begin with and at how the ammart themselves have misused and abused the law so much that now laws here are worthless.

Expect Yingluck to appear at the red rally Sunday. If she does, it'll be clear the ammart have produced another martyr and the government's resistance to the coup will strengthen.

• Like 1

The comedy continues. This is a scream, because the Council of State works directly under the prime minister and routinely rubber stamps whatever the prime minister wants. All of the legal arguments that have since been successfully countered in the courts at one point or another were originally affirmed by the Council of State at the behest of Yingluck. It seems pretty incredible that she would remain defense minister ( although not as funny perhaps as she ever being defense minister in the first place ). But doubtless it's back to the Constitutional Court for clarification - under the assumption of course that the threats to disband the court are not followed through by Pheu Thai and the UDD. It's hard to keep up with Pheu Thai. They have - supposedly - just nominated a prime minister through a half-empty caretaker cabinet with no parliament behind it. For Pheu Thai - clearly - anything is possible. But expect it to be challenged just the same. The provision in the constitution allows for a prime minister to be nominated through the Senate in the event of a quorum-less parliament. What Pheu Thai is doing is extemporizing, but trying to get away with it by exuding confidence.

Next part of the comedy is Surapong and Chalerm want to continue at CAPO...just now in the nation tweet.

the real stars of the comedy are those who support fighting corruption with the corrupt

Well.... yes. Acting caretaker Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn is. This was immediately announced, at the same time as his becoming acting caretaker PM, shortly after the court adjourned. It was amazing, really, it was almost as if there was a PLAN in case the court threw her out, when everyone knows the court didn't even know its own decision until just before the sitting.

Don't have a cow. No one is trying to keep Yingluck on, no one says she is still the caretaker minister. This is a bureaucrapic thing, how to do the red tape about it. Legalisms intrude, no matter how stupid or obvious that I (or you) think it may be. Paperwork WILL be completed. Legally. And the press will report it, and quite rightly. And many, many forum posters will not understand, again.

Doc, ummm how to put this simply so you can understand...

Let's say I am CEO of my company from 2011 and also Chairman of the Board from 2013 to present. My shareholders fire me for cause for breach of fiduciary duty to my shareholders in 2012. Since I became Chairman in 2013, does this mean I would lose my CEO job but still remain as Chairman? I can think of only 3 people on this Earth that would agree with that statement. I think the situation in YL is completely analogous.

I get so confused when u say Ammart because I think the ammart bully boy poster child is Chalerm who drives a pink Bentley and gets his son off the hook for cold blooded murder. That IS who you are referring to right?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who was the bully boy 2004 to 2006 , faded memories there Doc.

Me thinks the Doc has been sneaking into the medicine cabinet...perhaps that is where Chalerm gets is ear med prescriptions.

Actually no, the Constitution says cabinet members stay till they are replaced. So she is still in the cabinet even. She has to go the court say, but the constitutiion says not until she's replaced (which requires an election since a Cabinet must come from the elected MPs).

Basically the military will not be free-floating under the control of no-one, free to do as they choose.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger