why do thais forget there poor past when they become rich?

dirtyfalang

It's not a Thai thing or the bar in the girl.

Studies show an increase in wealth and status decreases our feeling of compassion for others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/rich-people-compassion-mean-money_n_1416091.html

To a certain point and perhaps only in respect to a specific age group. The period in which people came of age has a major influence, My observation is that people who grew up in the dirty 30's and endured WWII tend to be thoughtful of those in trying circumstances. People who grew up in the booming 50's and early 60's have a selfish streak to them. The people who grew up in mid 60's to mid 70's have kept some of their youthful ideals and it shows in their kids. Then we get to the disco era and the greedy 80's generation and they are just one useless group of people and they have produced some even worse offspring. My simplistic opinion. smile.png

I think you sum it up perfectly, and that is very clear from my experiences of generational differences.

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People with money......keep it. That's why they have money. My Brother has 20 million dollars and does not spread it around ( not that I want it). I forgot...he does spread it around.....at golf courses.

Unless he has inherited that 20 million, or been in the entertainment industry in some way, he will have made it by having a good business brain and on the backs of working class people. He will die and someone else will get it. Nobody should be allowed to inherit any more than a fixed amount of money, although I do believe that a persons house should go to their offspring, unless it's valued in millions.

When very rich people die, the bulk of their money should go back into the country for hospitals, education, certain charities etc etc etc. Sorry for going off topic a bit here.

Knew a cashier at Tesco in Pattaya. Along came an offshore worker to the till and they married 6 months later. She now lives in a 20 million baht home and drives a new Mercedes.Won't lift a finger...has to hire her sister as a maid and her brother cleans the yard.

She was best friends with my ex-girlfriend and they had a laundry business in Pattaya for a few years before this. This girl has now cut off every single friend from her life, including her best friend (my ex). Won't even answer her phone calls.

Most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Even rich celebrities like to keep their original friends around.

I think some Thais that were poor before know the truth is that they are only rich because of spreading their legs. By living in denial, they can assume a new identity but anything from their past that makes them confront reality is just too unpleasant for most people.

You see the same behaviour with farang on here, when they are 60 years old and marry someone their daughter's age. They never want to go back home to visit because they would have to face reality that they married a young whore. Staying in Thailand lets them feel they are normal.

Uahh, you are a tough little boy, arent you?? You got the all cleared out and knows how it works.... I think however that you unknowingly has a point and it might in some cases even be true....

My own thoughts in this is, why not let these guys stay in denial, let them be happy if they are happy. Who are you to take that away..... I think that many of us has left our falang-countries just because of people like you... negative, pessimistic people that do nothing to make the world a happier place... No thank you to a friend like you......

Glegolo

Knew a cashier at Tesco in Pattaya. Along came an offshore worker to the till and they married 6 months later. She now lives in a 20 million baht home and drives a new Mercedes.Won't lift a finger...has to hire her sister as a maid and her brother cleans the yard.

She was best friends with my ex-girlfriend and they had a laundry business in Pattaya for a few years before this. This girl has now cut off every single friend from her life, including her best friend (my ex). Won't even answer her phone calls.

Most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Even rich celebrities like to keep their original friends around.

I think some Thais that were poor before know the truth is that they are only rich because of spreading their legs. By living in denial, they can assume a new identity but anything from their past that makes them confront reality is just too unpleasant for most people.

You see the same behaviour with farang on here, when they are 60 years old and marry someone their daughter's age. They never want to go back home to visit because they would have to face reality that they married a young whore. Staying in Thailand lets them feel they are normal.

BS. Which of your 'exes' was this? The first one you kicked out in your one month in Thailand or the fifth?

The OP got knocked back by a few women. Hasn't got the proverbial pot to urinate in and is now angry at anyone with a few more baht than he has.

Why the anger? Having to take care of an Issan man's castoffs today set you in a foul mood? Not BS at all....she lives in Sattahip. This exactly proves my point. What I wrote angers you greatly because it makes you confront the ugly reality which is your life. You see why I'm so happy? Because I am short and bald and don't try to pretend otherwise.smile.png I live here because I can buy beautiful, young girls to sleep with me every day while back home I was delegated to fat, old rejects. Except now I'm starting to meet employed, attractive, childless women early 30's who are tired of the good looking, farang players. Who would have thought?smile.png

At least you are honest enough to admit it, you are buying beautiful young girls to sleep with only because you are rich, and you know that they would not touch you with a bargepole if you weren't.

I am not against prostitution provided no one is hurt, or forced into anything against their will, but I could not sleep with a woman who was only there because I was paying her. I would need to know she was with me because she is attracted to me.

In most cases people only pay for sex because they are too ugly to attract a good looking woman.

• Like 1

People with money......keep it. That's why they have money. My Brother has 20 million dollars and does not spread it around ( not that I want it). I forgot...he does spread it around.....at golf courses.

Unless he has inherited that 20 million, or been in the entertainment industry in some way, he will have made it by having a good business brain and on the backs of working class people. He will die and someone else will get it. Nobody should be allowed to inherit any more than a fixed amount of money, although I do believe that a persons house should go to their offspring, unless it's valued in millions.

When very rich people die, the bulk of their money should go back into the country for hospitals, education, certain charities etc etc etc. Sorry for going off topic a bit here.

That sounds a bit like Communism chum...........whistling.gif

• Like 1

Nooooooooooo. I hate communism, but I also hate greed.

If someone left me $20 mil I still wouldn't be greedy. I would use my own head to do with it what I wanted. I would not want some bureaucrat telling me what to do with it. You mention charities, do you not realise that folk who run these things cream off bundles for their own ends.......whistling.gif .

What Marx asks for are : "l) Abolition of property in land and application of all Rents on land to public purposes. 2) A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. 3) Abolition of all right of inheritance.

The purpose of the no-inheritance principle is to achieve wealth equality after the death of those now living. From this time forward everyone begins life with the same material advantages, and equality of opportunity—an impossible dream under capitalism.

At least you are honest enough to admit it, you are buying beautiful young girls to sleep with only because you are rich, and you know that they would not touch you with a bargepole if you weren't.

The fact is that he tried to make out he was getting loads of classy crumpet for free but was called out and royally sussed out for talking crap......

• Like 1

The fact is that he tried to make out he was getting loads of classy crumpet for free but was called out and royally sussed out for talking crap......

The same person who dumped a hi so girl for sweating I believe?

• Like 1

I am not against prostitution provided no one is hurt, or forced into anything against their will, but I could not sleep with a woman who was only there because I was paying her. I would need to know she was with me because she is attracted to me.

In most cases people only pay for sex because they are too ugly to attract a good looking woman.

Hugh Grant, Charlie Sheen, Tiger Woods, Edie Murphy, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham.

cheesy.gif

Ya sure because they are too ugly......

http://radaronline.com/photos/they-paid-for-sex-25-shocking-celebrity-prostitution-scandals/photo/571257/

• Like 1

I lost track. He were booting them out three or four at a time at one point...

• Like 1

I lost track. He were booting them out three or four at a time at one point...

Given his prowess with the ladies, I'm surprised he has the time or energy to post on TV

Human nature or as Trink would say: Human Manure

Happens to many people no matter what race, colour, or creed.

They simply forget where they come from.

You remember "Trink"????? w00t.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Hugh Grant, Charlie Sheen, Tiger Woods, Edie Murphy, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham.

cheesy.gif

http://radaronline.com/photos/they-paid-for-sex-25-shocking-celebrity-prostitution-scandals/photo/571257/

I said in most cases, you have only mentioned six out of the worlds male population, in fact make it four, Wayne Rooney is not exactly good looking, David Beckham is certainly ugly with all those tattoos.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

I said in most cases, you have only mentioned six out of the worlds male population, in fact make it four, Wayne Rooney is not exactly good looking, David Beckham is certainly ugly with all those tattoos.

Click before you write. The link is for 25 and there are hundreds more. Good looks, wealth and personality have nothing to do with use of prostitutes.

THE little black book of one of Hollywood's most notorious madams has been revealed, containing names of prominent actors, film producers, sporting figures and politicians.

http://www.news.com.au/national/new-heidi-fleiss-has-stars-running/story-e6frfkp9-1111113069418

You might want to google, San Francisco Madam to find out how the UN was founded or where the prominent figures of WWII played. I am surprised you could be an adult and so naive.

I hate capitalism, this may sound contradicting, capitalism is OK, but only up to a point. I don't mind someone who works hard for what he's got, and owns a big house, a big car, and goes on great holidays. It's when one person is a self made multi millionaire who made his money by screwing the ordinary people. I think you get my drift, anyway, who is Marx? Is it Max Bygraves you mean?

Mr Trans, if someone left me 20 million, I would make a great life for myself, and leave the rest to the countries hospitals etc, and no, I didn't know charities were as you say, if it's true, and I think you may be right, I would not leave anything to them. I just think it would be great to give to cancer research, guide dogs etc.

Anyone with cash has taken it from others. Thats the way it is. One cannot have it both ways with their thoughts. one must be a capitalist or a communist. Ones mind must be made up one way or another.

cheesy.gif

Click before you write. The link is for 25 and there are hundreds more. Good looks, wealth and personality have nothing to do with use of prostitutes.

THE little black book of one of Hollywood's most notorious madams has been revealed, containing names of prominent actors, film producers, sporting figures and politicians.

http://www.news.com.au/national/new-heidi-fleiss-has-stars-running/story-e6frfkp9-1111113069418

You might want to google, San Francisco Madam to find out how the UN was founded or where the prominent figures of WWII played. I am surprised you could be an adult and so naive.

So I am naive because I have no interest in WW11, or the UN, or prominent figures played?

Thais have absolutely no empathy. A little girl was weeping her eyes out upon seeing the body of her father at the cremation. None of her relatives or friends or neighbours showed her any regard or even cried save my Thai wife ( her cousin) and myself who cried with her.

All the rest kept their stoney stoic resolve and ignored her. Although she had many very close relatives whom she saw on a daily basis, she came to us.

So I am naive because I have no interest in WW11, or the UN, or prominent figures played?

You are naive because you don't now that rich handsome guys use brothels with the same frequency as poor ugly guys. The only difference is the price of the action.

• Like 1

In Thailand poor people expect rich people to give them free things. I wouldn't blame anyone for cutting off "friends" with that attitude.

• Like 1

BS. Which of your 'exes' was this? The first one you kicked out in your one month in Thailand or the fifth?

The OP got knocked back by a few women. Hasn't got the proverbial pot to urinate in and is now angry at anyone with a few more baht than he has.

Why the anger? Having to take care of an Issan man's castoffs today set you in a foul mood? Not BS at all....she lives in Sattahip. This exactly proves my point. What I wrote angers you greatly because it makes you confront the ugly reality which is your life. You see why I'm so happy? Because I am short and bald and don't try to pretend otherwise.smile.png I live here because I can buy beautiful, young girls to sleep with me every day while back home I was delegated to fat, old rejects. Except now I'm starting to meet employed, attractive, childless women early 30's who are tired of the good looking, farang players. Who would have thought?smile.png

Maybe they are not attracted to me but they still become aroused and become very wet and have orgasms. Honestly, I have no idea how a girl can be attracted to any man, regardless of amount of hair or height. Even guys that are the epitome of ugliness....i.e. disfigured, in a wheelchair or their face burned off have been seen with attractive girls that they never paid for.

Now I've split it up between whores and good girls, as I find too much time with either class a bit tiring. Good girls for the nice dinners and conversation while the Nana whores spice up the bedroom. I love Thailand just for this.:)

Some poor Thais who have pulled out of poverty (there's not many), and whom I know, are deeply ashamed of their poor roots. It manifests itself in diverse ways, such as being hard on those who remind them of their own past, or totally distancing themselves from their own roots by whatever it takes to do so.

One young Thai man from Isaan, when he got his undergrad and grad degrees (financed by gifts of teachers and a few foreign friends) forsook his dirt-poor family because they reminded him of his painful past. He moved off to Australia to live the high life and won't even answer questions about the welfare of his family. I would guess he hasn't seen any of them (mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin) in years. Reprehensible, to be sure, but not unusual.

In the same breath, I certainly know some Vietnamese, Cambodians and Americans who are guilty of the same behavior. Could it just possibly be the human condition?

International and personal problems.

Maybe they are not attracted to me but they still become aroused and become very wet and have orgasms. Honestly, I have no idea how a girl can be attracted to any man, regardless of amount of hair or height. Even guys that are the epitome of ugliness....i.e. disfigured, in a wheelchair or their face burned off have been seen with attractive girls that they never paid for.

Now I've split it up between whores and good girls, as I find too much time with either class a bit tiring. Good girls for the nice dinners and conversation while the Nana whores spice up the bedroom. I love Thailand just for this.:)

What a sad little troll you are. Go on, press the report button.