Just been to Pattaya for a visit

ryro88

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m renting a place just off third road,so quiet and peacefull-Pattaya is hell to anothers heaven thumbsup.gif no "one size fits all" anywhere in the world-maybe the bombings and disruption in BKK appeals to some wai.gif

• Like 1

Maybe the OP could be a little specific about what has changed to make it such a bad pace from his perspective.

Girls? Prices? Scam artists (Farang and Thai)? Lady Boys? Nationality of other tourists? Crime? dirty beaches? and so forth.

I for one am curious.

• Like 2

I,m renting a place just off third road,so quiet and peacefull-Pattaya is hell to anothers heaven thumbsup.gif no "one size fits all" anywhere in the world-maybe the bombings and disruption in BKK appeals to some wai.gif

Is that you in the room on the other side of the hall from me ? If it is, I apologise for bringing home stray women at all hours and generally growing old disgracefully. Cant believe how clean and well maintained this place is for the monthly rent - with the exception of the odd Soi dog ruckus in the moo baan below me, it's a complete haven from the madness of two major thoroughfares - I know I wouldnt get this in Bangkok. Even the place I had in 2008 for 12K a month is now 16K, and it was long walk to Big C / Tesco down Soi 22. Having been there and done that, there's no way I'll go back to the Farang ghetto in Bangkok.

That said, I cant find a store that sells Blu-Ray movies in this town - looks like its back on the bus to BKK next week till I can start ordering from Amazon with any confidence that the package will end up in my hot little hands

I'm not out to bash the place as I stated I used to love it just as you guys do but IMO it's not the place it used to be even as little as three years ago it was twice the city it is now. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I know I share the same opinion as quite a lot of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Don't worry about the replies so far mate, most of them fit in the following profile

resize_ZV_oogkleppen_zps3c437aa8.jpg

No way. It's you and OP wearing those... or did you just find a photo you had to post somewhere?

Yeah, from the perspective of a sex tourist, Pats ain't the same.

You mean that our cesspool has gotten even better w/ the Soi Buakhow/LK Metro scene opening up? And the short-time hotels now hardly having time to change the funky sheets between rentals during the high season?

True, but OP wasn't adopting that perspective, you see. Pattaya had made him feel lonely and unloved. It had moreover offended his aesthetic sensibilities. Alas, now he's left to find solace in friendly, clean Bangkok and the agreeably populated Patpong, Nana Plaza, and Soi Cowboy.

A wise decision, we must all agree.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

I wished more would stay away then maybe the traffic jams would ease up.

It's amazing how many people come to this dump I must say.

Enjoy bkk

Most of the cars jamming up the roads every day are owned by Thais. They love to drive around here showing off their cars. Tourists don't usually drive around in cars. Some expats do, but usually they have the sense to stay out of the main areas at peak times. Sure, you could make the point that the Thais are here and rich due to the foreign money pouring in, but they're here to stay and they're the ones causing most of the traffic jams.

• Like 1

I'm not out to bash the place as I stated I used to love it just as you guys do but IMO it's not the place it used to be even as little as three years ago it was twice the city it is now. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I know I share the same opinion as quite a lot of others.

You are right.

Girls are choosy and charge by the kilothumbsup.gif

Enjoy bkk

Most of the cars jamming up the roads every day are owned by Thais. They love to drive around here showing off their cars. Tourists don't usually drive around in cars. Some expats do, but usually they have the sense to stay out of the main areas at peak times. Sure, you could make the point that the Thais are here and rich due to the foreign money pouring in, but they're here to stay and they're the ones causing most of the traffic jams.

Check out the number plates and see where all those Thai's are from.

Also keep an eye on the eco cars and see who the drivers are, in many cases, a lovely looking lady who just talked her "darling" into buying her a car

Enjoy bkk

Check out the number plates and see where all those Thai's are from.

Also keep an eye on the eco cars and see who the drivers are, in many cases, a lovely looking lady who just talked her "darling" into buying her a car

Why not just come out and tell us where you think all those Thais are from? I would say most are from here with a big influx from other areas on weekends and public holidays. The roads are busy all year around, even during slow season.

Yep, it's been in a DEATH SPIRAL for the last 20 years. Better stay away.

Yep utter hell hole.............please all moaners stay away thumbsup.gif

Quite staggering the amount of people that hate the place apparently. I've never met one.................coffee1.gif

What is more staggering the amount of folks who slag the place to death but always seem to be regular visitors for some reason. Either they're Pattaya "Rotarians" who need their fix of pretending to be pillars of expat society and get their photo in one of the silly Pattaya 'newspapers' or those ludicrous 'news' channels or they need their 'fix of boom boom now their wives are back in Isaan in their "Baan Farang"....hypocrites all....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 2

Bloody hell a lot of TV members really taking the post to heart. I'm not here to troll just because it's no longer attractive to me doesn't mean others don't enjoy it, I was only posting my opinion on the place no need to take it to heart!

• Like 1

Bloody hell a lot of TV members really taking the post to heart. I'm not here to troll just because it's no longer attractive to me doesn't mean others don't enjoy it, I was only posting my opinion on the place no need to take it to heart!

Dude, It's public forum, You are entitled to your opinion even if it is flawed and rather hammered...

• Like 2

I'm defiantly not the only one who feels this way tho I have seen quite a few other members who once came very often and now choose to head elsewhere.

• Like 1

One mans meat etc. I live in the Cotswolds in UK and a few ,months of the year love Pattaya.

Seedy shithole? or fun in a GoGo / bar, taking the odd trip, chilling in a nice eatery, taking an attractive woman out ( Don't have to marry her) Saunas, Fishing trip,

Life is what YOU make it!

• Like 1

True life is what you make it but Pattaya has numerous open ditches in sidewalks and roads, smog, you walk the beach and your feet are black, garbage everywhere, smelly open drains and crazy drivers. Not to mention baht busses have gotten even crazier and clearly passenger safety is irrelevant. So pattaya has air quality issues, water issue , smelly and garbage everywhere.

All the above is true but I return because of some of the people, restaurants and clubs. Those are diminishing daily as well. Just an honest assessment ....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1