Police Apologise To Buddha Issara For Tear Gas Barrage

Lite Beer

Police Apologise To Buddha Issara For Tear Gas Barrage

By Khaosod Eng.

13997275101399727704l.jpg

BANGKOK - The police have formally apologised to an anti-government core activist for dousing him with tear gas and high-pressured water during a skirmish in Bangkok.

Buddhist monk and activist Buddha Issara led the supporters of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) to the Police Sports Club on Viphavadee Road where the headquarters of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) was housed yesterday.

After the monk and his entourage attempted to enter the CAPO compound, police responded by firing barrage of tear gas and high-pressured water at the group, forcing Buddha Issara to retreat.

The monk later pressed charge with Thoong Song Hong Police against the police force, accusing them of attempting to murder him, and violating his constitutional rights to peaceful assembly.

Today Buddha Issara led hundreds of protesters back to CAPO headquarters to demand a formal apology from the police. When the police initially failed to respond to his demands, Buddha Issara ordered his supporters to start dismantling concrete barriers around the entrance to the CAPO compound.

PCAD guards also briefly blocked Viphavadee Road and the elevated tollway, causing traffic disruption and forcing a number of foreign tourists to walk with their luggages to find another way to reach Don Mueang Airport.

However, the police eventually sent several representatives bearing traditional garlands to Buddha Issara. The officers then knelt down humbly and asked Buddha Issara to forgive the police for their actions on the previous day.

Pleased with the gesture, Buddha Issara accepted the apology, and the protesters soon dispersed peacefully from the area.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399727510&section=11&typecate=05

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if only the politicians would show such humility maybe this mess could be sorted out once and for all. clap2.gif

Considering the lack of a violence response after the occupation of public buildings and months of protesting, i would day the Government has acted with signification response. Had this taken place in Beijing, the authorities would have cracked down fast and hard. Must be nice living in a place where the politicians so abhor public violence.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

What's amazing is how many idiots compare what's happening here to what's happening in the U.S. - or other countries.

It is always important to look around to better understand the situation. That way you can see what is and is not an acceptable response to various response to various issues. To many people in Thailand are walking around in their own bubble.

PCAD guards also briefly blocked Viphavadee Road and the elevated tollway, causing traffic disruption and forcing a number of foreign tourists to walk with their luggages to find another way to reach Don Mueang Airport.

mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gifmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gifmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Edited by metisdead
Font color re-set to black

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

That might be why Thailand is loved and USA is feared.....

But what is forgotten in the USA, but also in Europe and many other places...I don't want to single out the USA.

Police, but also all the other civil servants are our SERVANTS. We are the bosses, not the government. All the government buildings are out buildings in democracies.

So restricting a building should be only done if else the working for the population is disrupted, but in fact everyone Thai is part shareholder of the state owned buildings. And Mr. Somchai is also partially boss of the police, because pays them.

• Like 2

What's amazing is how many idiots compare what's happening here to what's happening in the U.S. - or other countries.

It is always important to look around to better understand the situation. That way you can see what is and is not an acceptable response to various response to various issues. To many people in Thailand are walking around in their own bubble.

I understand. But, this place is more like the twilight zone than a bubble.

Also, bringing up the U.S. (or other countries) brings out the crazies. And then the thread gets derailed.

• Like 2

Sliding into anarchy. The ship of state will sail on for a while through pure momentum. But there's nobody on the bridge and the rudder has gone. No state has ever survived once the police force ( no matter how bad, corrupt, brutal) ceases to function.

the police in the US murder people.

Jus curious. How long have you been in Thailand?

Jus curious. How long have you been in Thailand?

I think he hears voices. You might have to speak louder.

I just don't get it, why in hell is the monk allowed to continue by the Sangha. Surely he is breaching dozens of rule! I just dont get it!

Not sure why you dont get it J J J.

The (most) police in Thailand are a corrupt, useless organization that follows the useless, corrupt PTP govt. What is so hard to understand?

It's fascinating - and perhaps sad - that an apology would cause so much consternation in a Buddhist country.

It's sad that there's a monk who doesn't act like a Buddhist.

• Like 1

This monk was already condemned and defrocked in abstentia by the Buddhist order. He is a traitor to Buddhism and a traitor of Thailand. This monk has supervised torture and beatings of police and red shirts. They should have arrested him on the spot.

He reminds me of monks in Myanmar that lead frenzied crowds to murder Rohingya.

They should have arrested him on the spot.

Why didnt they? I do believe he has an arrest warrant out on him as well.

Why havent they arrested Suthep?

• Like 1