Proof of address from new immigration branches in Bangkok

Card

I am selling my used car and buying a new car separately so I assume I need one original proof of address for each one (for registration and insurance). The UK embassy charges about 1500 baht for each one, I understand, so would prefer to get them from immigration for free.

Can anyone tell me if the immigration dept at Lad Prao or other ones will supply them and if so what documents are needed, can I get two at the same time and how long does it take?

cheers.

Sold my car 6 months ago, took my house docs and got the correct letter. There was a nice young lady providing the correct forms for your purposes.

No need to go to the embassy but this is Thailand and nothing is free.

I got a letter from Lad Prao a couple of months ago, wasn't free though, it cost me 200 Baht and had to queue for a couple of hours to request it, and a further couple of hours to collect it, they don't post them from there.

I think you will find that the letter from The Embassy is a tad over 2,500 Baht, not 1,500.

I got a letter from Lad Prao a couple of months ago, wasn't free though, it cost me 200 Baht and had to queue for a couple of hours to request it, and a further couple of hours to collect it, they don't post them from there.

I think you will find that the letter from The Embassy is a tad over 2,500 Baht, not 1,500.

Thanks for this - did you apply and collect the same day?

Also do you know how long the proof of address are valid for once obtained?

I went to Lad Prao yesterday for the POD and this is what I found:

1. You have to wait in the queue for line J (90 day report and Tourist visa) - it is long first thing in the morning and takes about an hour.

1a. They gave me the pics back, they didn't seem to want them.

2. I gave them a Word completed form from the immigration website but they wanted me to complete fresh, identical forms by hand, which was a bit of a nuisance. So best to do that before you go.

3. I presented a copy of my condo contract and had the original handy, but they didn't seem to be interested and they didn't ask me for any other form of proof of address.

4. They wanted 2 copies of main passport page, last arrivals card and entry stamp, visa extension, 90 day report card and for some unknown reason 1 page with 2 used re-entry permits - absolutely no idea why as I have loads of them but they picked 2 from 2008 and 2009 - not the last ones.

5. I paid the 400 baht (200 baht for selling a car and 200 baht for buying one, as I need 2 proofs of address). I only needed 1 set of docs for both proofs.

6. They added a note to my passport and told me to return in 10 days - the date on the note and to see this wonderful lady directly without queing on the day (dangerous as tempers are riding high when people think you are pushing into queues!)

7. Overall it took about 2 hours to complete this first step with a lot of toeing anf froeing to the copy machine.

8. I thanked the lady doing the processing - she is great and I suggest others do the same.

Thanks to those who have offered help on this topic - it saved me about 4000 baht which is what I might have had to pay at the UK embassy for 2.