Italy threatens to release illegal immigrants across Europe

webfact

Italy threatens to release illegal immigrants across Europe

CATANIA - Italy threatened to send asylum-seekers across Europe on Tuesday unless it receives more help to prevent arrivals as a warship bearing the 17 victims and 206 survivors of the latest migrant boat shipwreck headed for Sicily.

Ten hearses and medical personnel could be seen waiting in the port of Catania where the frigate was expected later on Tuesday, as officials struggled to find room in badly overcrowded immigrant centres in the region.

Interior Minister Angelino Alfano urged more assistance from Europe for border patrols, threatening that otherwise Italy would defy EU asylum rules and allow migrants to travel on to other countries in Europe.

"We'll just let them go," he said, although the Dublin Convention states that migrants must remain in the country in which they arrive and make their asylum application until their status as refugees is approved.

Full story: http://www.enca.com/africa-world/italy-threatens-release-illegal-immigrants-across-europe

-- eNCA 2014-05-14

Brits, another excellent reason (like we needed another) to remove ourselves from the EU...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doesn't really affect Britain as much as they remain outside of the Schengen zone. Should the UK ever sign the Schengen treaty, he remaining border controls will be removed and they will be able to enter unhindered.

Do what the Aussies are doing now, or will do very soon, send them to Cambodia,

Cambodia has agreed to take in any number of illegals you can throw at them..

for a fee I presume....

And people criticised the Aussies for taking a hard line with boats? If you don't take a hard line, they will keep coming. These treaties that encourage boatloads of refugees are a total mistake. Why is Europe to be shared with whomever wishes to sail in here? The shores need to be protected from invasion.

• Like 1

Nerve-wracking - "Italy threatened to send asylum-seekers across Europe on Tuesday unless it receives more help to prevent arrivals as a warship bearing the 17 victims and 206 survivors of the latest migrant boat shipwreck headed for Sicily."

That's o k. Fine the Italians if they do and if they don't pay up and desist kick them out of the EU.

All Illegal Immigrants should be sent back where they came from, USA should have done a long time ago, Europe should have too. I k now some live in very bad conditions in the home country, I have been to some.

One reason for the bad conditions is the Birth Rate is usually much higer than the Death Rate and their country has no jobs to offer and the only ones with money are crooks and politicians who rape their own people.

Oh, you say you can deport that many people, go back and see how many have been deported from the USA following WWII to make jobs for returning veterans. I believe the same happened on two other occasions in the US.

Jerry

• Like 1

I don't know much about the low wage sector of the Italian economy; but it makes sense to me that Italy should embrace these people in the style that the Americans do with people who live there illegally from Mexico and pretend they are not there, so they do not have to provide any benefits. The USA economy has relied on this system for decades, and at least until very recently, the U.S. was some sort of economic super power. ;)

• Like 1

for a fee I presume....

Italy did the same signing an agreement with Gheddafi's Libya and paid them 5 billions Euros per year to help to stop the boat start from there but UK France USA and Germany dicide to export democracy there too and now Italy only must to take care of the migrants...

• Like 1

Turn them loose?

Send them back and send the bill to Britain, most of them head there for the free s*** anyway.

nonesense - if you look at the rate of asylum applications, more want to go to Germany and France than the UK.

I sympathise with the Itlians, possibly for the first time in my life. If this happened to any other EU country, the people would feel exactly the same, just as Greece does. there should be a EU wide help for the border nations - it's the only way to slow the movement of illegal immigrants.

• Like 2

I don't know much about the low wage sector of the Italian economy; but it makes sense to me that Italy should embrace these people in the style that the Americans do with people who live there illegally from Mexico and pretend they are not there, so they do not have to provide any benefits. The USA economy has relied on this system for decades, and at least until very recently, the U.S. was some sort of economic super power. wink.png

Mexican do not go to US by boat they just walk in... in Italy migrants arrive by the sea 300 peoples each time on small and rundown boats the most die in the sea. Would you let a 2 years old kids die in the sea? By the law if you see someone in trouble in the sea and you don't help him you are responsable of his death... Maybe you don't know what you talking about. Low cultural people!!

Nerve-wracking - "Italy threatened to send asylum-seekers across Europe on Tuesday unless it receives more help to prevent arrivals as a warship bearing the 17 victims and 206 survivors of the latest migrant boat shipwreck headed for Sicily."

That's o k. Fine the Italians if they do and if they don't pay up and desist kick them out of the EU.

Do what you want Brer Fox, but please don’t throw me into the Briar Patch out of the EU!”

I don't know much about the low wage sector of the Italian economy; but it makes sense to me that Italy should embrace these people in the style that the Americans do with people who live there illegally from Mexico and pretend they are not there, so they do not have to provide any benefits. The USA economy has relied on this system for decades, and at least until very recently, the U.S. was some sort of economic super power. wink.png

economic super power by exploiting the neighboring country. Now you cry because China, Brasil, Argentina, Venezuela etc... ask you to pay your bill thumbsup.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

for a fee I presume....

I believe Australia is sending them to PNG. I hadn't heard anything about Cambodia, but at any rate this topic is about Italy and the EU.

for a fee I presume....

I believe Australia is sending them to PNG. I hadn't heard anything about Cambodia, but at any rate this topic is about Italy and the EU.

Off topic. Oz is negotiating to send refugees/asylum to Cambodia, but a lot of push back in Oz due to human rights abuses within Cambodia. PNG Solution looks like may not work out in longer term as 'issues' are starting to come to the surface

Edited by simple1

send them over to England, we need more hand car washes and kebab shops. hell, i can drive for 1.5 miles round here without seeing a hand car wash. well what else are we going to do with all those pubs that have been closed?

Brits, another excellent reason (like we needed another) to remove ourselves from the EU...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doesn't really affect Britain as much as they remain outside of the Schengen zone. Should the UK ever sign the Schengen treaty, he remaining border controls will be removed and they will be able to enter unhindered.

Oh yes because that stops them doesn't it?

rolleyes.gif

Turn them loose?

Send them back and send the bill to Britain, most of them head there for the free s*** anyway.

nonesense - if you look at the rate of asylum applications, more want to go to Germany and France than the UK.

You're talking about asylum seekers. I'm talking about economic migrants.