Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

That is strange. In Tourist regions of Thailand it is normaly even possible to open an account with a simple tourist visa.

The foreigner in front of me in line at the bank opened an account, but just with an ATM card and without online banking. That took about 10 minutes all in all.

I'm gonna assume he was on a tourist visa or exempt stamp.

This is interesting, what kind of bank account could you open with this visa at Bangkok Bank ? A 'current' account ?

I have a run of the mill Kasikorn savings account which I opened a while back when on an Ed visa. I had to get a certificate of residence from immigration to open it. It comes with an ATM card which can be used online as a visa payment / debit card, it works for online purchases from abroad.

Online banking would be useful to me as would a foreign currency account, especially if I can wire money to Europe. I should check this out at Bangkok Bank here in Hua Hin.

I have a run of the mill Kasikorn savings account which I opened a while back when on an Ed visa. I had to get a certificate of residence from immigration to open it. It comes with an ATM card which can be used online as a visa payment / debit card, it works for online purchases from abroad.

Online banking would be useful to me as would a foreign currency account, especially if I can wire money to Europe. I should check this out at Bangkok Bank here in Hua Hin.

You can certainly have online with K-bank on any account. Just make sure that your cellphone number on file is current, then request CyberBanking at any K-bank ATM.

BKK bank keep foreign currency accounts

http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/accounts/foreigncurrencyaccount/Pages/Default.aspx

• Like 1

Like what paz said, each bank and branch decides independently. I opened my 1st Bangkok bank ac (savings) with tourist visa. No Internet banking service. Then I opened another ac at different branch, with internet banking approved.

Edited by Choonpon

This is def elite. I will stick with my reporting every 90 days on an ED visa. only 30K per year Including the 1900 each visit. Is it a multi entry visa?

First you say you stick with beer than you ask how champagne tastes?

Note you're doing extensions not reporting. Reporting is free or cost of a stamp if done by mail.

PE visa is very definitely multi-entry, as in unlimited entries.

• Like 1

This is def elite. I will stick with my reporting every 90 days on an ED visa. only 30K per year Including the 1900 each visit. Is it a multi entry visa?

Note you're doing extensions not reporting. Reporting is free or cost of a stamp if done by mail.

Wow GREAT insight.. Funny-sad an alcoholic is using alcoholic references.

Friended at Facebook the guy who is handling my application. Last night he tells me this past week they received unusually high number of applications for easy access 500k THB card. Wonder if this thread has anything to do with it rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

It probably has something to do with everyone starting to consider Thailand Elite as a serious option since we hear about the crackdown on visa exempt entries.

A friend of mine, banker in Singapore, comes to his (very big) house in Phuket very regularly.

He does not need a visa because he never stay long in Thailand, and he is totally the opposite of a visa runner when it comes to lifestyle.

But he also sent an application to Thailand Elite, to stay on the "comfortable side".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A little bit overkill don't you think? If the fella is a business executive from Singapore with a villa in Phuket he should have no problem entering on visa-exempt entries, especially as he's an ASEAN national. I'm sure being a big-shot, he might also avail himself of the express meet and greet immigration services, if he doesn't already fly business or first class, so either of those services would surely get him across the finish line without a 500k outlay. If he's that cavalier with money, I'm glad he's not my banker.

I can see the PE visa making sense in some circumstances but this doesn't seem one of them.

Well, if he is buying the card I guess he considers that it makes sense for his circumstances...

Up to him...

Next time I'll reference soda drinks that are more apt for your mental age.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2

How would having this card and special visa that comes with it go towards getting the permanent residency ?

Does nothing for you. Check the PR/citizenship threads. The PE visa that comes with th TE programs is basically a long-term tourist visa, not a non-immigrant one.

If only it was 100,000 and not 500,000...

Just gimme the visa, i don't want any special privileges like golf and spa, no one needs to meet me at the airport and i will do my own 90 day reports...

I'm sure that would convenient to a lot of people but then again so would lowering the fee to THB 10000, or why not just make it free?

If a country lets anyone who wants live in it do so without restrictions or hurdles then they're leaving themselves open to a world of potential problems.

Not to say Thailand isn't already doing that to a large extent.

Thats right, 100k instead of 500k is to less just for delete some Gimmicks.

But a lite Version of this Card detailed as Murf posted, for, let's say, 200 - 300k, would be interesting for a lot more people. That would cause more demand and so more sold cards over all, i guess could be a good deal for Thailand and Foreigners.

If only it was 100,000 and not 500,000...

Just gimme the visa, i don't want any special privileges like golf and spa, no one needs to meet me at the airport and i will do my own 90 day reports...

I'm sure that would convenient to a lot of people but then again so would lowering the fee to THB 10000, or why not just make it free?

If a country lets anyone who wants live in it do so without restrictions or hurdles then they're leaving themselves open to a world of potential problems.

Not to say Thailand isn't already doing that to a large extent.

Thats right, 100k instead of 500k is to less just for delete some Gimmicks.

But a lite Version of this Card detailed as Murf posted, for, let's say, 200 - 300k, would be interesting for a lot more people. That would cause more demand and so more sold cards over all, i guess could be a good deal for Thailand and Foreigners.

The goal of Thailand Elite is to provide comfort and peace of mind to wealthy foreigners.

Why would they offer the service for even cheaper than what it already is?

The Easy Access card is already the light version of the regular card...

I suggest a super cheap version for 100.000... But without the PE visa.

What about that?

:)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

Champagne eyes and lemonade pockets

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

This Elite Card might appeal to high net-worth individuals. But there are also many others who would love to live in Thailand and buy long-term Visas. These people would be happy to pay say 10,000 Baht or even 20,000 Baht for an annual unlimited re-entry Visa. Add health insurance and a requirement to show sufficient funds for the stay.

Lots of folks have been grundgingly doing Visa runs. Wasting whole days for 2 x 60 days. Now look at Cambodia's annual Visa for $ 2xx. And Malaysia's ease with which they offer extensions.

When it comes to ending abuses (by "tourists" who are working) Immigration needs to look at Thai employers, too.

Even government schools often ignore existing laws with impunity, causing stress and suffering. Many won't bother with a B-Visa or a WP. But who ever heard of a school's director being fined or jailed (abd deported!) over such crimes?!?

• Like 1

That is strange. In Tourist regions of Thailand it is normaly even possible to open an account with a simple tourist visa.

The foreigner in front of me in line at the bank opened an account, but just with an ATM card and without online banking. That took about 10 minutes all in all.

This is interesting, what kind of bank account could you open with this visa at Bangkok Bank ? A 'current' account ?

i have 3 different foreign currency accounts with bangkok bank all opened on a tourist visa did not take

long to do. the foreign account you can not use with online banking. my bkkbank branch is in chiang mai and every time i do a transaction with it they have to fax everything to head office in bkk and 1 hour later it is all done. they will allow you to send money anywhere in the world but never more than the amount you received in your account from abbroad

rick

i have 3 different foreign currency accounts with bangkok bank all opened on a tourist visa did not take

long to do. the foreign account you can not use with online banking. my bkkbank branch is in chiang mai and every time i do a transaction with it they have to fax everything to head office in bkk and 1 hour later it is all done. they will allow you to send money anywhere in the world but never more than the amount you received in your account from abbroad

rick

Sounds fair enough to me, I will investigate. All of my money comes from various places, investments and such outside Thailand.

So what happens to the 5 year visa if your passport expires (or you loose it or what-ever) after three years. Do you have to go through the application process again or how?

I'm sure they would process a new one, with whatever remaining time, into ones new passport, same as they do with any other visa in his situation.

Friended at Facebook the guy who is handling my application. Last night he tells me this past week they received unusually high number of applications for easy access 500k THB card. Wonder if this thread has anything to do with it rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

It probably has something to do with everyone starting to consider Thailand Elite as a serious option since we hear about the crackdown on visa exempt entries.

A friend of mine, banker in Singapore, comes to his (very big) house in Phuket very regularly.

He does not need a visa because he never stay long in Thailand, and he is totally the opposite of a visa runner when it comes to lifestyle.

But he also sent an application to Thailand Elite, to stay on the "comfortable side".

A little bit overkill don't you think? If the fella is a business executive from Singapore with a villa in Phuket he should have no problem entering on visa-exempt entries, especially as he's an ASEAN national. I'm sure being a big-shot, he might also avail himself of the express meet and greet immigration services, if he doesn't already fly business or first class, so either of those services would surely get him across the finish line without a 500k outlay. If he's that cavalier with money, I'm glad he's not my banker.

I can see the PE visa making sense in some circumstances but this doesn't seem one of them.

Well, if he is buying the card I guess he considers that it makes sense for his circumstances...

Up to him...

Of course it is, I was just wondering what those circumstances might be. It does see a bit much from the circumstances described. Maybe he visits often enough that he pays more than 100k per year in fast-track entry/exits and limo rides to and from his villa. Can't recall if the PE includes any golf perks...maybe that too. It wouldn't seem likely someone still working in another country would have much use for the primary perk, he 5year visa with one-year entries. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

So what happens to the 5 year visa if your passport expires (or you loose it or what-ever) after three years. Do you have to go through the application process again or how?

I'm sure they would process a new one, with whatever remaining time, into ones new passport, same as they do with any other visa in his situation.

For a new passport you would use both passport for entry. Immigration normally will not transfer visas. But they might for the PE.

For normal visas the visa is lost when the passport is lost. For PE perhaps not since if is valid for so long.

• Like 2

For a new passport you would use both passport for entry. Immigration normally will not transfer visas. But they might for the PE.

For normal visas the visa is lost when the passport is lost. For PE perhaps not since if is valid for so long.

Wow that's pretty harsh...especially for the lost/stolen passport! All 2700 pr so elite card members better keep tight hold of their passports then. It would kinda suck loosing that amount of money if one lost their passport...maybe UKRules can ask his Facebook friend (or whoever it was would befriended the PE visa sales rep) what happens in this situation.

Wow that's pretty harsh...especially for the lost/stolen passport! All 2700 pr so elite card members better keep tight hold of their passports then. It would kinda suck loosing that amount of money if one lost their passport...maybe UKRules can ask his Facebook friend (or whoever it was would befriended the PE visa sales rep) what happens in this situation.

Makes sense for an expired passport it works the same with a US visa for me. But in the case of losing a passport it becomes synonym to losing half a million baht hmmmm

I think for the PE visa immigration would be able to do a new sticker with the same expiration date since they issue the visas. For normal visas they do not do it because they did not issue them.

The goal of Thailand Elite is to provide comfort and peace of mind to wealthy foreigners.

For the same reason that airlines offer economy and business and first classes?

The middle option is suitable for people like me who want something that's better and more comfortable than economy but without the general absurdity and cost of first.

This Elite Card might appeal to high net-worth individuals. But there are also many others who would love to live in Thailand and buy long-term Visas. These people would be happy to pay say 10,000 Baht or even 20,000 Baht for an annual unlimited re-entry Visa. Add health insurance and a requirement to show sufficient funds for the stay.

I wouldn't object to this as long as they dont use it as a excuse to increase the price of the regular cheap retirement extension, which is all I need or want.

Edited by KittenKong

The middle option is suitable for people like me who want something that's better and more comfortable than economy but without the general absurdity and cost of first.

Thailand Elite Card = Business

Easy Access Card = Economy

They should really introduce a Platinum level (=First).

And I really don't think that they could (certainly should not, in my opinion) offer an even cheaper alternative.

However, I do agree with another poster who wrote that immigration should allow longer tourist visa in exchange of a fee, for those who want to stay in the country (without any service like what Thailand Elite is offering).

Immigration should sell visas by the month.

30 days free, then 10,000 per month.

That would cater for the needs of the visa runners.

Not the greediest and the poorest maybe, but I guess many would welcome such an option.

And for those who enjoy be taken care of and play golf, there is the Thailand Elite service.

A very good and detailed thread - I did read most of the comments, albeit sped read them! It does seem a viable option for those that can drum up the initial outlay. If I understand correctly, anyone with the TE Status would also need a Work Permit on top of that if they carried out any sort of work ? I know that some forms of work are very visible, whilst others are not so, but my understanding is that even if you press a few keys on your keyboard ( every now and again ) - whether sending a business related email or gambling a few bucks on the Stock Market, the reality is that you still must have a Work Permit - correct? The TE Status does not negate these requirements and therefore, without being too "stereo typical, " ; TE Members that do not also have WPs....must either be very laid back individuals who enjoy doing sweet FA, or there are some TE status members who only tap their keyboards when no one is looking ??

Lots of folks have been grundgingly doing Visa runs. Wasting whole days for 2 x 60 days. Now look at Cambodia's annual Visa for $ 2xx. And Malaysia's ease with which they offer extensions.

When it comes to ending abuses (by "tourists" who are working) Immigration needs to look at Thai employers, too.

Even government schools often ignore existing laws with impunity, causing stress and suffering. Many won't bother with a B-Visa or a WP. But who ever heard of a school's director being fined or jailed (abd deported!) over such crimes?!?

It's not at all realistic to think there should be a multiple visa/card for 10k that let you stay one year here. Why would anybody get a non immigrant O multi or a O-A visa with much more difficult requirements then ?

To me the existing full TEC appears to be more "first class" than "business" as it already offers a whole load of pointless things that I would never want or need (airport buggies, hand-holding, golf trips, etc).

The few things that it offers that I might want to take advantage of (fast-track immigration, 90-day reporting done for you, limousines) are either already part of my normal transport arrangements or not applicable to where I live or what I do.

...providing you really will have extensions for X years...

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, always the unknown factor. LOL

Been using Non "O" for 8 + years now never any problem although i cannot see the sense in the 90 day runs when it would be more advantageous to all if i could just go to immigration pay Bht 1000 and get a stamp.

To me the existing full TEC appears to be more "first class" than "business" as it already offers a whole load of pointless things that I would never want or need (airport buggies, hand-holding, golf trips, etc).

The few things that it offers that I might want to take advantage of (fast-track immigration, 90-day reporting done for you, limousines) are either already part of my normal transport arrangements or not applicable to where I live or what I do.

It is a question of perspective.

Your perspective is very different from the Koreans, who are the biggest group of Thailand Elite members.

The Korean members come mainly for golfing.

The Koreans do not take advantage of the PE visa.

Personally - as a European - I don't use any of the privileges offered by Thailand Elite, apart from the convenient visa, the superb airport assistance, and the limos.

From my own perspective, there could be a "platinum" - more expensive - option that we could compare to "First", with other types of privileges adapted to my lifestyle.

It's all a question of perspective, lifestyle and financial comfort...

Reading these threads, I understand that many would love to enjoy the benefits of a PE visa but just cannot afford it, even at the reduced "Easy Access" price. And that's the only reason they show so much negativity towards this program.

But, as I always say, ... after 10 years of Thailand Elite membership, enjoying trouble free stays year after year, I can only say that it is a great program.