Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

Would the Thailand Elite Limo service take you to Pattaya or is it too far?

They take 50 km from the airport. Phuket and Swampy are the only 2 airports they serve

Thanks, really disappointing they won't offer service to Pattaya from Swampy sad.png

To be fair: it's a lot to include 120 Limo trips between Pattaya and Bangkok in the 500k card

It would be quite boring to read all the posts, therefore I have read the op and some posted on the last page

I don't know if I must be amused or shocked by the comments but obviously, some posters definitely do not know what they are talking about, passing judgment....hold on....can someone prejudiced can be a fair judge and...above all, what is there to judge?

Alyx let me sum it up for you. On one hand you have the people who can afford the card and on the other the people that can't.

That's why it's called Elite because it's for people who have plenty of cash and appreciate all the perks that come with the card. It's not just a visa.

"On one hand you have the people who can afford the card and on the other the people that can't." - and then there are the people who can afford the card who do not see the value in the card, and the weigh up the risk it will be canceled.

And then there are the whiners that pretend they can afford it. But they are just jelous.........

• Like 1

Why would an illegal worker buy it? He would still be working illegal.

The 30 day visa run crack down was an apparent way of stopping people living, and working in Thailand illegally.

So, now they can buy an Elite Card and do not have to leave the country for 5 years. Of course, they can still be caught working illegally, but wouldn't you be a little suspicious of a 25 year old buying an Elite Card?

One could be forgiven for thinking he is working here, illegally.

So, on one hand, they crack down on it, and at the same time, offer 5 year visas.

This is why I see a problem in the future, one that they will eventually have to address, and possibly revoke the scheme, but this is just me speculating.

As I read the fine print, I think I see that you still must leave the country once a year or do some more paperwork once a year. The details are elusive.

The details are well defined and very clear although some of them are in the book they mail to you after you join the scheme :

1 - You must do 90 day reports like everyone else on long term visas

2 - I you haven't left the country by the time your one year stamp runs out you pop along to your local immigration office and get a 1,900 Baht 'extension of stay' which will give you another one year 'stamp'

Apart from the above two requirements you don't have to do anything else.

1 (90 day reports) is correct, and true for your local immigration office and Bangkok.. You can also mail in the report at least 15 days prior.

2 (extension), however, is INCORRECT, according to TE staff currently. You CANNOT go to your "local immigration office" for the extension. That can only be acquired in Bangkok, where you got the visa. If you do not live in Bangkok, it means a once-a-year trip for the extension, if you do not plan to leave the country annually. This detail is important for those who typically use Immigration in Jomtien, and/or Nakhon "nowhere"...

I hope this detail changes soon, as "might" the rule that gives us only a 1-year renewal eligibility for a Thai's driver's license instead of the 5-year you are entitled, after the full 1-year probationary license expires. Since the PE is a special "tourist visa", The D of LT only currently observes non-tourist visas for the 5-year renewal privilege, but was emailed back from TE that they are "working with the DLT" to try and change this.

As I read the fine print, I think I see that you still must leave the country once a year or do some more paperwork once a year. The details are elusive.

The details are well defined and very clear although some of them are in the book they mail to you after you join the scheme :

2 - I you haven't left the country by the time your one year stamp runs out you pop along to your local immigration office and get a 1,900 Baht 'extension of stay' which will give you another one year 'stamp'

1 (90 day reports) is correct, and true for your local immigration office and Bangkok.. You can also mail in the report at least 15 days prior.

2 (extension), however, is INCORRECT, according to TE staff currently. You CANNOT go to your "local immigration office" for the extension. That can only be acquired in Bangkok, where you got the visa. If you do not live in Bangkok, it means a once-a-year trip for the extension, if you do not plan to leave the country annually. This detail is important for those who typically use Immigration in Jomtien, and/or Nakhon "nowhere"...

I hope this detail changes soon, as "might" the rule that gives us only a 1-year renewal eligibility for a Thai's driver's license instead of the 5-year you are entitled, after the full 1-year probationary license expires. Since the PE is a special "tourist visa", The D of LT only currently observes non-tourist visas for the 5-year renewal privilege, but was emailed back from TE that they are "working with the DLT" to try and change this.

Well this is interesting because I was told the complete opposite of what you're reporting here.

This text with my emphasis is copied directly from the PDF file sent to me by TE on June 5th, this is the PDF which they sent to me confirming my appointment to have the 5 year visa inserted into my passport :

Service Description : - Renewable 1 Year extendable stays without the usual need to leave the country.

- Stay extension obtainable at any immigration office or at any immigration check point

throughout Thailand except Bangkok International Airport immigration check point.

jryanb, please keep us posted on this. I already have 5 year valid driving license but require IDP issued by Thai LTD. As you probably know, IDP is given only to those with non-tourist visas and 5 years valid licenses. I asked the TE guy who met me in BKK Immigration about this but he had no clue.

if you at least leave thailand once a year like most people you would never have to extend at immigration

A good point, I think it's unlikely I'll go a full year without leaving Thailand for at least a long weekend every now and again although I've done it once in the past.

if you at least leave thailand once a year like most people you would never have to extend at immigration

A good point, I think it's unlikely I'll go a full year without leaving Thailand for at least a long weekend every now and again although I've done it once in the past.

According the official website from Thailand Elite Members

Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any
Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at
Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.

This “Privilege Entry Visa” is a multiple entry visa which is valid for five years - and is renewable as long as the Membership is valid. The Members are also granted an exclusive length of stay for each stay from regular 90 days to 1 year. Remarkably, the members can stay in the country like a Thai citizen. The extension of 1-year stay can be made every year without the usual need to cross the border - exclusively for this Thailand Elite’s Privilege Entry Visa.

Thailand Elite also provides the Members the unlimited Elite Personal Liaison to present to Thai Immigration Bureau Chaengwattana, Bangkok in place of the Members as in the 90-day obligation issued by Thai Immigration Bureau without additional charge*.

The Members can also complete the Privilege Entry Visa renewal at Immigration Bureau Offices at Suvarnabhumi International airport upon arrival, or Chaengwattana-Bangkok and 90-day presence by themselves at any available Thai Immigration Bureau offices throughout Thailand.

*Remark:

• “Privilege Entry Visa” is for Thailand Elite Members only.

• “Privilege Entry Visa” is entirely independent and unrelated to the procedure to obtain a work permit.

• The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau.

• The Free of Charge Elite Personal Liaison offered for the 90-day presence at Thai
Immigration Bureau is limited to the offices at Chaengwattana, Bangkok only.
Further information about extra service fees can be provided upon request.

http://www.thailandelite.com/tpc_news_view.php?id=6

Would you need to leave towards the end of the 12 month visa or at any time during the year so you don't have to do the extension

You can travel as many or as few times as you want and you'll get a 1 year stamp each time you arrive back in Thailand.

You don't need to leave the country at all as you can extend your stay for another year at the immigration office - any immigration office.

• Like 2

Well this is interesting because I was told the complete opposite of what you're reporting here.

This text with my emphasis is copied directly from the PDF file sent to me by TE on June 5th, this is the PDF which they sent to me confirming my appointment to have the 5 year visa inserted into my passport :

Service Description : - Renewable 1 Year extendable stays without the usual need to leave the country.

- Stay extension obtainable at any immigration office or at any immigration check point

throughout Thailand except Bangkok International Airport immigration check point.

Below is the email response to my specific question. I sincerely hope I was told wrong and the above will be true!

This is my email thread with Chok (who has been helpful with about 15 email replies to me from "[email protected]"): (they do reply back very quickly, usually within 24 hours and will answer or attempt to answer every question, but like any/all helpdesks anywhere in the world... there is likely to be some "misinformation" provided to me here. The above response sounds MUCH more carefully stated than what I was told, so I am hopeful now!)

Aug 9 (10 days ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Pattarachok
cleardot.gif

Excellent, thank you. One final question. Can I extend at Jomtien Immigration in Pattaya? I understand I have to travel to Bangkok to get the visa but I hope I can make further extensions here in Pattaya. Correct?

Many thanks.

cleardot.gif
profile_mask2.png
Pattarachok Tangcharoenworakul <[email protected]>
Aug 9 (10 days ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Khun *****

Greetings from Thailand Elite ...

You can do only in Bangkok but if have any change i will inform you again

Best Regards,

Chok

jryanb, please keep us posted on this. I already have 5 year valid driving license but require IDP issued by Thai LTD. As you probably know, IDP is given only to those with non-tourist visas and 5 years valid licenses. I asked the TE guy who met me in BKK Immigration about this but he had no clue.

Here is my email thread response:

3. Is it true that I will not receive a 5-year Thai driver's license after

my first-year provisional Thai license expires? (instead I will receive

only a 1-year license renewal and only a 1-year license renewal for every

year after that while on the Privilege Entry visa?)

- At the first year you will get 1 years driver's license and second year we are now talking with the department that be concerned to get 5 years driver's license for Elite member. Once we get the final result we will inform you again.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Bedt Regards,

Chok

QUOTE -----

QUOTE -----

Good news. I also got confirmation today that any Immigration office is correct. Whew!

Here is some proof:

"Greetings from Thailand Elite …

I just got confirm from GR department that you can do stay extension in Pattaya but you can affix visa only in Bangkok at Chewatana Road

Best regards"

My thanks to ukrules. biggrin.pngclap2.gif

• Like 1

I would be happily paying 10 k per month, but honestly 500 k upfront is steep.

Actually, the 500K upfront makes sense. It weeds out the pretenders and those scraping by month to month. So many of these visa runners have been complaining about not being able to stay in Thailand even though they're swimming in money. Well, now they can put their money where their mouth is.

It should be no problem for all those Digital Nomads. They tell us every week they can make 400-500k a month here :)

• Like 2

My experience with thai elite: i contacted them last friday about the easy acces visa for 5 year. After less then 30 min they send me the information i required plus the paper for apply. I complete the form attach a picture and a copy of My passport via email. On monday they will send My application for check and after 3-4 days they will tell me if everything is ok in order to pay the fee. Actualy very helpfull . For Now look a very Good service. Hope This help

What i have to fill out on the application form when im unemployed ? Business title, company name, nature of business, Business adress ????

Suggestion: Retired.

No business address, but you can choose to check from what field you worked, if you desire. It is just a checkmark from what general field, or you can specify in the Other category if you choose.

If you have a permanent address outside of Thailand, put that down for PERMANENT address. I think it helps, but for your CURRENT address (where you choose to have documentation sent to you within Thailand) you should put your current address within Thailand.

Welcome smile.png

Very good news that you are a new member smile.png

Join us on the Facebook page too smile.png

(Search for Thailand Elite Members)

This Facebook group is a very good idea. It will be important for us all to be in contact with each other to take action next time they declare insolvency.

All the pics with dudes posing with their Lambo's and Ferrari's and such... cracks me up. :)

I am sure there is an element in Thailand that will want to use this trove of photos and information as a one-stop-shop.... for nefarious pursuits. :)

Welcome smile.png

Very good news that you are a new member smile.png

Join us on the Facebook page too smile.png

(Search for Thailand Elite Members)

This Facebook group is a very good idea. It will be important for us all to be in contact with each other to take action next time they declare insolvency.

"Us"?

Did you buy a card then?

Earlier you wrote "thank you, but no thank you"... I am confused ;)

Anyway, if you joined the program and became one more Thailand Elite member, don't worry, they won't "declare insolvency".

Enjoy your PE visa :)

I find the whole Visa thing and Elite Card very strange.

Has anyone tried going to a prestigious law firm (not these ones that advertise) and asking a Senior Counsel to petition the Minister on your behalf?

On the provision, that the lawyer is high profile and part of the establishment, I’ve found the response to be excellent. Such representation only costs about 50,000 - 100,000.

• Like 1