Thai tourists warned against robbery in Switzerland

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone.

I am writing to you from Switzerland.

I thought it might be useful to give a Swiss point of view here.

Switzerland is not part of the European community, but we have comprehensive trade agreements and free borders with the European community country members. France, Germany and Italy are the three that compose our bordering neighbours. All the 28 other European counties also have free circulation. This is the main reason we now have an unusual amount of crime here is Switzerland. I will not mention which European countries are the main culprits, but as always it is of course those in need.

We have just voted a new law which will take effect in 2017 that will re-close our free flowing boarders. It will hurt many elements of our economy but at least it will help reduce this sort of crime.

Voila....

Welcome to your first post on ThaiVisa. May I kindly ask you to be more careful about what you write?

First, you are NOT giving a Swiss point of view, but only your own point of view. The only Swiss point of view is the one from the Swiss government.

Second, you should not make wrong statements as you have made them above:

- Yes, we have trade agreements with the EU, but this has nothing to do with the crimes that that this posts are about

- Second, we do not have "free borders" with the EU, but only with the member states that signed the Schengen agreements UK, Ireland and Cyprus are EU members but not signatories to the Schengen agreements. Some EU members do not have the full Schengen implementation, i.e. Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. On top of the EU members come the EFTA members Island, Norway, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.

- Third, the "Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons" is not the same as the Schengen Agreement. It was signed together with 6 other bilateral agreements back in 2002, came into effect for the EU-17 ("old" EU countries including the UK, Cyprus and Ireland) and was later expanded towards the EU-8 (the new EU countries Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. ).

- Finally, we die NOT vote about a new law, but about an amendmend of our constitution and we did NOT vote about closure of our "fre flowing" borders but we did vote about restricting the number of people that we allow to have the full Agreement of Free Movement, specially with regards to working in Switzerland.

And finally... your implication that the crime comes from the eastern Euroean countries... is also wrong. Have a look at the statistics and you might be pretty astonished that for example in 2012, the violations for the criminal code have been 65% by foreigners, and the Portuguese lead that statistic followed by Italians, Serbs, Germans, Romanians, French and Tunesians... just to name the first few... Within the narcotics law, the Swiss committed 55% of the crimes, followed by the French, Italians, Portuguese, Germans and then few African countries before the first Eastern European country pops up in the statistics...

So... be more careful and don't talk for others if you know nothing... and enjoy ThaiVisa

• Like 2

We have just voted a new law which will take effect in 2017 that will re-close our free flowing boarders. It will hurt many elements of our economy but at least it will help reduce this sort of crime.

Voila....

Completely forgot to comment on that:

NO, this will NOT reduce any crime. As long as we have

- a very unbalanced economic situation within Europe

- open boarders due to the Schengen contracts

their will always be the (criminal) tourist flowing in and out in all European Schengen states and of course, those criminal tourists (where ever they come from) will go to the places where they expect to be successful... which is tourist destinations in those countries.

The vote in Switzerland will have NO influence on the free (criminal) tourist flow and thus not reduce the petty theft crime.

Hello everyone.

Switzerland is not part of the European community, but we have comprehensive trade agreements and free borders with the European community country members. France, Germany and Italy are the three that compose our bordering neighbours. All the 28 other European counties also have free circulation. This is the main reason we now have an unusual amount of crime here is Switzerland. I will not mention which European countries are the main culprits, but as always it is of course those in need.

Voila....

Welcome to your first post on ThaiVisa. May I kindly ask you to be more careful about what you write?

First, you are NOT giving a Swiss point of view, but only your own point of view. The only Swiss point of view is the one from the Swiss government.

- Yes, we have trade agreements with the EU, but this has nothing to do with the crimes that that this posts are about

- Second, we do not have "free borders" with the EU, but only with the member states that signed the Schengen agreements UK, Ireland and Cyprus are EU members but not signatories to the Schengen agreements. Some EU members do not have the full Schengen implementation, i.e. Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. On top of the EU members come the EFTA members Island, Norway, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.

- Third, the "Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons" is not the same as the Schengen Agreement. It was signed together with 6 other bilateral agreements back in 2002, came into effect for the EU-17 ("old" EU countries including the UK, Cyprus and Ireland) and was later expanded towards the EU-8 (the new EU countries Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. ).

- Finally, we die NOT vote about a new law, but about an amendmend of our constitution and we did NOT vote about closure of our "fre flowing" borders but we did vote about restricting the number of people that we allow to have the full Agreement of Free Movement, specially with regards to working in Switzerland.

And finally... your implication that the crime comes from the eastern Euroean countries... is also wrong. Have a look at the statistics and you might be pretty astonished that for example in 2012, the violations for the criminal code have been 65% by foreigners, and the Portuguese lead that statistic followed by Italians, Serbs, Germans, Romanians, French and Tunesians... just to name the first few... Within the narcotics law, the Swiss committed 55% of the crimes, followed by the French, Italians, Portuguese, Germans and then few African countries before the first Eastern European country pops up in the statistics...

So... be more careful and don't talk for others if you know nothing... and enjoy ThaiVisa

It always surprises me how people treat each other on forums.

I am sure you would never have spoken to me in this way if I was standing next to you.

Your welcome was short lived, followed by a series of aggressions that you clearly have much practice in.

Whatever inaccuracies where contain in my message where only in hope of not boring everyone with figures and details.

But really, don’t worry, I will not infringe on your precious space any longer.

Good bye

• Like 1

What is it with all the Thai bashing?

"Now they see what it's like"?

"Som nam na"?

You think Thai people are dishonest? Ever been short-changed on purpose? Ever felt unsafe travelling anywhere in here? What about overcharging... don't you know the price in advance and are you not free to just not go?

Of course there is criminal elements in every society, I think in here it's mostly drug addicts who can't really help it. But generally Thais are very honest people.

Compare that to the race of Romas (not Romanians! Romas were originally from India and imported as slaves or something a couple of hundred years ago) who wreck havoc all over Europe. This has always been a leeching race whose aim it is to get most out of other communities, never work a day in their lives and steal, beg and steal more. It is very bad now everywhere in Europe. It has always been like that, even my grandma used to say "get the washing off the lines, the gypsies are coming". There is hundreds of programs on them and what they are famous for, check youtube for Roma Crime.

With Hitler and all that they had to flee to or were murdered. Now they are all coming back with the opening of the borders to Eastern Europe, receiving welfare in Western Europe and generally being a parasite. Problem is, they all have 10 children or so (for more begging/stealing/child welfare) so at some point the whole system is going to crash.

• Like 1

What goes around comes around ?

Over the years I've known many Thais who wanted to visit Switzerland because of the association with the King but I've never met a Thai who has been there or could afford to go.

Have a friend who arrived back yesterday and she didn't like it as everything was closed and she couldn't go shopping and not much to do. some sort of public holidays in Switzerland for a few days.

More off topic and racist posts have been removed from view and a member has received an official warning.

Please stay on topic and respect forum rules.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Hello everyone.

Voila....

It always surprises me how people treat each other on forums.

I am sure you would never have spoken to me in this way if I was standing next to you.

Your welcome was short lived, followed by a series of aggressions that you clearly have much practice in.

Whatever inaccuracies where contain in my message where only in hope of not boring everyone with figures and details.

But really, don’t worry, I will not infringe on your precious space any longer.

Good bye

Interesting... now that is exactly the way the right-wing populist party SVP made their campaign during the election time... never mind the truth and the facts when you want to put simplified, fear-raising hate-messages against foreigners and the EU... and of course these messages were targeting mainly the rural population and the blue-collar workforce, which are by the way the first ones to be affected by the results of the implementation of the new laws to come through the decline of our economy and the loss of jobs and the decrease in pensions...

But don't worry... as long as I see such statements, I will always correct them and point out your mistakes... and not needing any agressions, but only pointing out facts and truth

Over the years I've known many Thais who wanted to visit Switzerland because of the association with the King but I've never met a Thai who has been there or could afford to go.

Have a friend who arrived back yesterday and she didn't like it as everything was closed and she couldn't go shopping and not much to do. some sort of public holidays in Switzerland for a few days.
Petty, off topic comment. Yes, they respect public holidays and close on Sundays. Plenty of things to that don't cost money.

All deliberate ....I'm from a third world country and play by the rules middle class guy ...But I have hard time getting into Europe...I work for American companies, have an engineering degree but they want proof of income, proof of total number of years of experience, proof of address, proof of education yet they can't zero in on my intention of going to europe after providing all documents...They think I will be an illegal immigrant..

However, they allow all undocumented folks, who just book a flight and land in europe and stay on the welfare......It has happened to all my friends..who are good and play by the rules...How can anyone explain this? It seems their multi-culturism is deliberate to cos choas in Europe by importing low lifes from third world countries ...who steal and rob as they don't have talent or education background to compete in European economies...I can learn swiss, german, danish in six months if an opportunity is given, be a positive impact to society

My point is ..What is happening in Europe is measured, calculated and thoughtout...They are doing exactly what they want....

The Immigration in Europe makes red card, blue card visa and all good websites as if they have good intention of bringing in high professionals to Europe but when you apply...you never hear from them...

my... my... Switzerland the hub of pick-pocket crime... I guess the problem of the Thai tourists is that they are only alert to pick-pocketing from Ladyboys but not from girls and "farang"....

on a serious note... yes, of course the problem with theft and other crimes increased in Switzerland over the years and yes, a lot of that crime comes with immigraion / asylum seekers, the statistics of the police clearly show this... but this is the same in every other city all over Europe. Just take this into account:

- as Swiss, we have statistics that show every petty theft, while in other countries, police will not even care about petty theft..

- tourist cities around the world attract organized pick-pocket gangs, be this Pattaya, BKK, SF, YN, Zurich, Interlaken, Berlin, ....

- cities with lot of asylum seekers have higher crime rates, specially drug dealing, pick-pocket, non-violent house break-in

So Thai tourist be warned... if you come to Switzerland, spend all your money very fast on the first day and leave Switzerland immediately when you are broke... it's the only way NOT to get robbed...

I agree..But it is deliberate...Like...Farangs who play by the rules face a tough time getting a visa in Asia , for guys in a third world countries who play by rules never make it to europe...

As I wrote...It seems the government do not want good guys from third world countries to come to Europe..They have made paths for low lifes to migrate to europe easily and for guys like me who want to follow the law impossible to get in.....

Not to sound cocky but I have an engineering degree, 10+ years of experience in IT field....I don't want to work on some corporation and be a slave...I want to be independent...start a business in Europe, provide jobs, I want to be a entrepreneur...Its impossible...They want me to be a millionaire or work for some corporations who would transfer me to work on slave wages in europe....They advertise big on Red, Blue visa Card on websites but its all talk...when you apply, you never hear from them...

Why is that? Why is europe not allowing folks who play by the rules to enter freely....

I can also jump on a boat or book a ticket and just land in europe and leech the welfare system...but my conscience does not allow it....I just don't want to go to the dark side...I want to pay taxes and play by the rules...may be only 10% make it...rest 90% are uneducated, low lifes who leech on welfare? Why can't an avg, guy like me, who is educated, has decent income, want to contribute to european economy cant come to europe?

Edited by starchild5

Not only Thai tourist have increasingly fall victims of former Iron-curtain robbery gangs.

Many Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, and from the former other Slavic states increasingly opera ten in Switzerland and other West-European countries.

Most operate in gangs.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands even hired police and security from Romania to help them stop the criminals from operating in the city.

Sorry we have holidays in Switzerland and that the shops do close, the shop workers do have to have time off too.

When there is a holiday we actually think in front, and do our shopping on the day the shop is open, There are shops open at the railway stations or the airports,

If you look at the Bank holidays in Europe, the Swiss have much less than the English and the French, Sorry your friend came to Switzerland during a time the shops were closed, it is not the Swiss fault that they could not open their shops for your friend, She should have done her homework on visiting a country before she came,

Back to the Romas, they are infiltrating every country and making lots of cash cashing in on the niceness and perhaps naivity of the host countries, I see them now, the one with one arm, the other with a different babie every day, Then they are collected after the shops shut in large vans, and i imagine that money they have made is taken from them,

I am living off the State here, on benefits as you say in England, I am right down on the breadline, But with a bit of budgeting i can eat well, and go for a beer sometimes, Its not the best of lives but it is my country,

Today i sat by the lake with a glass of wine and just loved watching the water and the ducks and swans and people smiling. Very calming.

Little things take away the bad thoughts, Tomorrow i shall take some bread down to those overfat ducks!!

I sat by that lake today, and it was calm with the ducks and swans.

I felt blessed,

Every town in the world has crime, and the shops do shut. If your friend's only complait about Geneva is that the shops were shut. All i say to her she should have done her homework to find out when the shops are shut, And she could have walked around and felt and been educated about the history of this place, No one comes to Geneva to shop.

The Romas, we know they are here and we are very vigilante about them, But, they do seem to target older people. Which pisses me off big time.

I have a friend who is 84 and handicapped who was mugged for his months money. They never caught the people and the police are not doing enough.

When it gets to bad for me . i go and sit by that lake and watch the world go by.... Sitting on the dock of the Lake...!!

Edited by Patsycat