Thai Police waiting for DNA results in murdered girl case

webfact

Police waiting for DNA results in murdered girl case
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- While police were looking for evidence in the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl last weekend in Trang's Muang district, a neighbour of the girl and a person of interest was granted bail for a drug abuse charge.

Muang Trang superintendent Colonel Chairat Kanchananet yesterday said that, while waiting DNA test results, police also sent four teams to look for evidence, focusing on the girl's shoes and bag while looking for the place where she was detained and assaulted.

Police believe there were at least two assailants, he added.

He said that the neighbour, whom police initially charged with drug abuse, was released on bail on Wednesday evening and police were waiting for the results of DNA tests on the men before determining whether he was a suspect.

After the girl went missing on May 9, and social media users shared information about her in the hope of finding her.

The girl's body was found on Monday in a sewerage pipe on Phra Ngam Road, about a kilometre from her home.

Local residents continued to camp at the place where police found the body as they reportedly want to attack the killer.

The girl's funeral at her home was attended by many people and the cremation ceremony will be held on Monday.

The girl's mother urged people not to wire money to two bank accounts, which were announced on Facebook and supposedly set up to raise money for the funeral, because the family had nothing to with the accounts.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-16

May I suggest, if it turns out to be 2 people a high powered sniper rifle. Stand them back to back and only waste 1 bullet on such utter vermin. The harming/murder of kids needs to be met with the harshest sentence possible not rehabilitation. After all we don't try and rehabilitate a rabid dog do we.

Edited by JeremyBowskill
  • Like 1

May I suggest, if it turns out to be 2 people a high powered sniper rifle. Stand them back to back and only waste 1 bullet on such utter vermin. The harming/murder of kids needs to be met with the harshest sentence possible not rehabilitation. After all we don't try and rehabilitate a rabid dog do we.

I say, "hand them over to the villagers."

Parents first then villagers, but either works for me.

• Like 2

I say, "hand them over to the villagers."

Parents first then villagers, but either works for me.
yeah....I hope she has brothers too....so they can have the 1st go at the scumbags. RIP little girl.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Condolences to the family for this horrific situation...

I used to think "it could happen anywhere"....but the truth is that this kind of barbaric act happens far more in Thailand that many other countries....it seems like every other week there are similar articles...this would be a once in a decade news item in the UK or Australia..here its just another small sub line for the second or third page.

This is the town I live in. To say this has caused shock and horror is an understatement. The press are thankfully not doing their normal job of describing the horror of this crime in full detail. Many people have been affected by this. My wife is a friend of the family that have been devastated by this, and she was in tears for two days, along with many of her friends.

The thing that has the town in an almost uproar is that the main suspects have been let out on bail. It seems a lawyer argued successfully that until the DNA results prove otherwise these guys should not be held (one of them has done jail time on two separate occasions in the past for rape of minors), and the DNA results are taking too long so ...let the main suspects out!!

The anger in local folk is intense, but even when I say to my wife..'why' ! she just shrugs her shoulders in acceptance and says 'it is the law'. I can only hope that the next Government change the law to one designed to protect the people instead of offering opportunities for the police and judiciary to make money.

I imagine by the time the DNA results come back these two guys will be long gone. I wonder how many other young girls will now be raped and murdered as a result of a lawyer making sure the human rights of the two main suspects were not violated! To think of the phrase 'This is Thailand', just does not cut it any more. I am simply stunned these two have been let out, not only because they will escape the judicial process and maybe strike again, but also it gives other normally decent people the opportunity to become murderers, because if I were the father or brother of this poor beautiful young girl I would do unspeakable things to her killers.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

IF he was a suspect for such a horrific crime on a poor innocent child and was in detention on non-related charges, <deleted> are they letting him out on bail? facepalm.gifsad.png

Better than some countries where he would have been put in protective custody for his safety.

Could be he is now in the 'protective custody' of some of the locals who may have ways of finding out the truth without waiting for DNA evidence.

Terrible what some A holes will do to children, hope none of the do-gooders step in with the mentally unstable crap.

• Like 1

Jeremy, that one bullet would NOT be a waste...

People have problems to differentiate phantasy and reality. The law is simple: as long as a person is not proven guilty, he is innocent. If there is not more evidence than waiting for DNA tests (why it takes so long?) then the court cannot do anything else than put them free on bail.

Villagers and people involved are easily led by emotions, rumours and gossip. I have seen from nearby how once an innocent guy was nearly lynched by the neighbourhood, only because he carried the same last name as the child molester that was suspected and searched for. So please no "people's verdict" based on everything but lawful evidence. DNA tests are clear evidence, so just wait and see.

Any child molester should be punished in the strongest way, I fully agree. Nut taking law in his own hands is called anarchy and chaos.