Pattaya Immigration Office - THANK YOU

Fantastic, you should go back and buy Som Tam to the whole office. I have never heard about such a fast handling up here in isaan actually. Normally they give you two weeks waiting time, and than another month, and first after that they are willing, if I am OK, to give me my extension of stay based on retirement...

Congratulations

Glegolo

"Normally they give you two weeks waiting time, and than another month, and first after that they are willing, if I am OK, to give me my extension of stay based on retirement..."

Maybe because you're special?

Can you tell us which office does this?

• Like 1

Yeah, we hear horror stories from other places, Bangkok, Phuket, and seemingly especially Chiang Mai with the really long waits ...

We are so lucky about the favorable situation at the Jomtien office.

The long lines in CM is not there fault evidently there is money available but Bangkok will not release it for a bigger office and more staff

a 12 month retirement visa in one easy process

Sheesh. It's an extension of stay, not a "retirement visa."

And yes I agree with your positive comments about the office at Jomtien. I'm pretty sure most people who have complaints about immigrations are the cause of their own problems, but certainly at Jomtien if you have your act together, things really do go smoothly and quickly. Long may it last.

I would like to add my congrats to the staff at Soi 5. A very smooth operation.

• Like 1

Jomtien immigration will occasionally do it all in one trip if you are using the income option or your money has been in the bank for 60 days.

Not all offices will do it that way.

This is nothing new. I did the whole lot in one go 4 years ago. I'd say they process so many retirement extensions in Pattaya they've become very efficient at it.

same here in 2008 i got non o and retirement visa, all in one go, i just had to go back the next day to pick up my passport

• Like 1

Jomtien Immigration is brilliant never had any bother there, always very helpful and very pleasant, and it has never taken me long for anything I have need to do in there, and there are lots of honest people about, its the same the world over GOOD and BAD, brilliant you got your wallet back and intact,

• Like 2

Fantastic, you should go back and buy Som Tam to the whole office. I have never heard about such a fast handling up here in isaan actually. Normally they give you two weeks waiting time, and than another month, and first after that they are willing, if I am OK, to give me my extension of stay based on retirement...

Congratulations

Glegolo

Was doing this yesterday. 20 min non o to retirement 1900 bath . Absolutely good service for me, here in isaan.

Letter from ambassade for income

1 photo.

Drawing map to place where I live

Signed to papers, when ask for it.

Not writing a single line on a application, all done by the officers.

Very very good service indeed

• Like 1

Yeah, we hear horror stories from other places, Bangkok, Phuket, and seemingly especially Chiang Mai with the really long waits ...

The long lines in CM is not there fault evidently there is money available but Bangkok will not release it for a bigger office and more staff

I remember when the Pattaya/Chonburi Immigrations office was off Soi 8 near Pattaya Beach Road. Thankfully they got the money to move and expand their facilities. Now the office in Jomtien seems to be bursting at the seams at times, but it would have been a real nightmare if they were still in their former much smaller location.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

The people at the Chonburi Immigration office in Jomtien are fantastic! From the volunteers to the government workers they all work together to provide great service. The place runs really smooth and efficient. This one of the perks for living in Pattaya or within Chonburi proper... I often read about the bad service and lack of understanding expats experience at other immigration offices but since I have only used the immigration office in Jomtien I can not relate..

I been waiting a long time to give the people in that office a big shout out!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Ok carry on...

• Like 2

I've been in Pattaya area for 4 years having previously had the misfortune to arrange my first retirement extension at Nan and then transferred to Phitsanulok. I was actually told "we have rules" at Nan when I queried why their requirements differed from the printed list I'd obtained from Bangkok!! Pihtsanulok was marginally better, but always appeared too small to handle farangs from several provinces. I have nothing but praise for the way the Jomtien office operates, even though it appears to be 'bursting at the seams'. Since the arrival of the new Immigration boss in Jomtien the improvement in 'customer care' has been significant.

• Like 1

I currently here on a non B visa and wish to change to a retirement visa. My accountant here (in Samui) said I would have to leave Thailand and apply from Canada.

From what I am am reading, it might be worth a trip to Pattaya to apply there. Anybody see any problems I might encounter. I do qualify finacially.

The Jomtien office is so busy these days they don't have a choice. They have to do everything quickly or they'll be in big trouble. I sense an increased sense of urgency there these days. They don't mess around.

I currently here on a non B visa and wish to change to a retirement visa. My accountant here (in Samui) said I would have to leave Thailand and apply from Canada.

From what I am am reading, it might be worth a trip to Pattaya to apply there. Anybody see any problems I might encounter. I do qualify finacially.

I suggest you ask Samui immigration about this instead of your accountant.

well said Montereyjp they do deserve to be praised I think all the staff in Jomtien immigration are just wonderful and very helpful, they never stop they are on the go all day, and deal with hundreds and hundreds of people, IF they were to get a bit angry then you really couldn't blame them, Thai people are just wonderful, its the Ferangs that make them angry. because they have NO patience and shout because they think Thai people will understand them better, what idiots, Thai people DO NOT SHOUT. I love living in Thailand

Hi all,

I know the following has been asked before but I've been out of Thailand for two years, only returning for several holidays from my work in Qatar. I have still kept my rented apartment all this time though and will be living full time again in Pattaya on 3rd July

My question is this and specific to Jomtien Immigration office only:

If I arrive on a 60 day Tourist visa and wish to convert to a retirement visa (I have the required funds in the bank for over 2 years) what paperwork do I need and how many copies etc?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

...and a larger parking lot!