Bangkok bank and moving funds for retirement visa in U.S.?

Hi. So basically all American expats retirees are reporting for FBAR every year? I think people who have lived in the kingdom of Thailand for a while ....10 years with the funds already in Thai banks are alright?

Just wondering.

thanks knowledgeable guys

Sierra Nevada BEERclap2.gif

New report required annually no matter how long living in Thailand if the foreign bank accounts meet the reporting threshold. Cheers.

FBAR reporting has been in effect since 1970 in one form/method or another....See this article called the, The Evolution of the FBAR."

Hi. So basically all American expats retirees are reporting for FBAR every year? I think people who have lived in the kingdom of Thailand for a while ....10 years with the funds already in Thai banks are alright?

Just wondering.

thanks knowledgeable guys

Sierra Nevada BEERclap2.gif

New report required annually no matter how long living in Thailand if the foreign bank accounts meet the reporting threshold. Cheers.

FBAR reporting has been in effect since 1970 in one form/method or another....See this article called the, The Evolution of the FBAR."

I hope you didn't think I was saying FBAR was a new report. That's not the meaning of my post. The meaning was that every year you are required to file based on aggregated funds in your foreign bank accounts, you must file a fresh (or "new" as it were) annual report for that year.

Edited by Jingthing