Suthep vows to surrender, stop rallies by May 27 if remaining Cabinet members not resign

Lite Beer

Actually... he really hasn't missed a step yet. Aside from a few glitches, he's been ahead of the government on every step of his campaign. Guess what... the government is dissolved and Yingluck is gone. An unelected 2nd generation Caretaker PM, CAPO, DSI, the RTP and a few others are still clinging to power. Guess what..? Supthep is still ahead of them. Guess who goes down if the army declares Marshall Law? Well it ain't the Brown Brother from the South.

It's called death by a thousand final pushes.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually... he really hasn't missed a step yet. Aside from a few glitches, he's been ahead of the government on every step of his campaign. Guess what... the government is dissolved and Yingluck is gone. An unelected 2nd generation Caretaker PM, CAPO, DSI, the RTP and a few others are still clinging to power. Guess what..? Supthep is still ahead of them. Guess who goes down if the army declares Marshall Law? Well it ain't the Brown Brother from the South.

laugh.png

The music stopped a long time ago.

(And kindly don't drag in the poor fat lady again.....she turned blue holding her breath and remains in intensive care.) smile.png

• Like 2

Correct. I've watched with a detached sense of respect at how he's organized and executed this. He's a formidable old political fox, and the fact that he has had virtually no interference, says a lot.

It would be interesting if the Dems put forth just 1/2 of this current (Suthep) effort at being an electable force instead of a perpetual opposition, Thailand might (might) be better off. Perhaps we'll get to see after the last of this lot is given the boot, reforms, then an election. Vamos a ver.

Edited by 55Jay

With Suthep gone, you Pro non democratic gov posters should be crying, you lot will have no one now to use as scapegoat for your super failure to govern within it's oath it gave.

Rice---tablets---water management---amnesty--refusal to have question time on TV----Money missing--no accounts----Sutheps Faultcheesy.gif

Election

Representative Constitutional Convention

Referendum.

Time has always been on the side of the government and time continues to be on the side of the government. Suthep, the PDRC, the judges, the advocates of a military mutiny coup d'état, the senate - they and their whole gang of feudalists - are unable to stop time or to turn back the clock.

Give up the ghost.

And keep on laughing cause it will help get you out of your doldrums.

Publicus, why are you supporting the pro government cause? Aren't you really just mad that Thaksin can not come back to his country, because of Suthep rousing the people of Bangkok to stop his movement. It seems your rants are just a cover for your real goal, giving the country back to Thaksin. Oh these Suthep people are delaying Thaksin's return. Poor Thaksin. I bet you believe it would be so nice if he could be President for life and then the country would not have to be bothered with elections again.

I can't understand if you are short sighted or just don't care. I only hear you complaining about Suthep. Please explain how you think that Thaksin will help the country. Look at what he's done over the past 3 years. Or should I say what he has messed up. It would be nice to hear and understand why you support him?

You want me to "explain" myself. This is the very wrong approach whether or not you say "please." My father used to demand I explain myself and I myself required my son and also my daughter to explain themselves, if you follow my drift. My ex used to demand it from up on her high horse.

I said I am anti-fascist but that seems invalid to some posters, which is their shortcoming and their cultural deficiency.

Show me the post in which I said I supported Thaksin, or advocated Thaksin be accepted back in to the country, or that I wanted to "give the country back to Thaksin," or said "poor Thaksin," or indicated I wanted, supported or advocated a "President for life" in Thailand for/by any person ever at all, or that I ever said the country should never be "bothered by elections again."

I reiterate I needn't "explain" anything in response to such editorialized and gross misrepresentations or because of wrongheaded rejections of my explicitly stated thoughts, motives, reasons.

BTW, how old are you?

• Like 2

Oh, for the love of God! How many "final" day of protests have we now gone through?

With each "final" day of the protest he just keeps moving the goalposts. Start again just before the election (if it actually happens) but please give us a break for a few weeks.

Would someone in Bangkok just go and tell the guy to give it up, please. Even my wife, a hardcore anti government supporter, has lost all faith in these protests as they are now way beyond reason.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's brought 11 of you out very quick, just up your street, another thread about government blunders--no one.

Spot on ginjag, 11 of them led by #1 resident troll "phiphidon" himself.

So obvious the cowards trawl through the forum looking for easy pickings. And their silence is deafening on the many topics focusing on Chalerm, redshirt atrocities like children being killed by the red scumbags, rice farmers being ripped off etc.

What a pack of gutless trolls !

I do not support any form of violence. If you know who was responsible for the sad deaths of the children then you should send your evidence to the correct authorities. I do not think that anybody believes that they were deliberately targeted and nobody knows for certain who caused the deaths.

For you to try to capitalize on those sad deaths just to score points on an internet forum is a sign of just how low you are.

For you to even think that I would try to capitalize on those deaths to score points shows just how low you are, and that you don't know me at all. You may operate like that, but I don't.

And for you to say you don't support any form of violence, and yet be an avid and vocal reds fan tells me that you are either a hypocrite, a troll, or a liar.

You go by the name Dr Bruce, did you take the hypocritical oath ? alt=whistling.gif>

Oh Dear!

He will not stop Suthep has been proven a liar and a drama queen many times over, he just thinks he knows better, as do a LOT of posters here who think that either A they are an economist or B think anarchy is the way to choose a government.

So what if PTP are a crap governing party, nothing new about electing a crap choice, all you do is vote them out next time if they really are that bad then the majority will agree with you too. You dont call out the army

Most cannot fathom what subsidies are or understand them, the fact that many nations do this all the time, with some good results some bad seems to escape them, mainly because they have no grasp of economics or understanding of how an economy on a national scale works compared to a personal account. You dont call out the army or shutdown the economy or start throwing bombs about or shooting people and beating them. .

Similarly most who think its ok to choose government by anarchy would be the biggest whiners or the biggest fools to support it in their own country, probably because A their wife says its the Thai way or B they are just too stupid to understand that rule by force or by coup or whatever cannot and does not work for long. Or C just too old, or stupid and uneducated to grasp the basics of what works and what dosnt. Clue Thailand dosnt because Thailand never lets democracy run its course before the next stupid coup or takeover.

Nearly all posters I see that are anti Suthep are NOT red supporters, merely they understand rule by elections and the peoples real choice not one imposed by a few by appointment or Military. It is amusing to see most definitely anti Thaksin or anti red or whatever consistently ignore the dangers and foolishness of this Suthep clown or worse wish for the army to step in and consistently tell others that criticise Suthep they are red supporters when they most clearly arnt anything more than supporters of rule by elections and freedom to choose, even the wrong option if they so should choose is ok, they can choose better the next time.

Taking politics here too seriously is silly, they all talk BS worse than even our own politicians even picking sides here politically perse is foolish. We arnt ever going to be accepted here or have ever been wanted tbh, best stop giving too much of a fig about a country that is totally self absorbed and dosnt give a fig about you in the slightest. If Thais want to run the country into the ground and fight over the money and power that is upto them, it will get what it deserves but at least do it by election instead of mob rule, that way the place at least will stand a chance some time in the future.

That all being said.supporting elections vs none is not a political point of view but rather a basic human rights one. This is what most people want to see but the longer it is avoided then greater the level of violence is likely and almost certain if elections are thwarted or by coup....

Personally I couldnt give a rats what party runs this country, its not mine to care about,never will be allowed and that will ever change, it does let me sit back, relax and watch how inept and badly run most things are here and always have been. As long as the decisions made on who runs things are done at the polling booths and by election of who they want to rob them blind im fine with that, it is only my family here I care about having a vote for I think most here just support elections and not a nutter that just al of a sudden after 25 yeas claims to suddenly care... he dosnt and nor do his backers.

That dosnt make me red or most others, just anti facsist, some are just not gullible enough to fall into the time old mantra of us all good them all baaad, just cant win in election so give us power because we know better and can be trusted..... yea right.. Biggest lie ever told with far too many people here swallowing the bs hook line and sinker.

Welcome back.

A voice sorely missed.

Time remains with the good guys. smile.png

• Like 1

And then the day after, another final push!!!!

If there is one thing that is more boring than the 'final push' media BS.... it is TV members who just go on and on and on and on about it, when they don't even realise the game is already finished and the victory is clear.

Who can believe Suthep? He lies about everything. The sooner he is thrown in jail, the better.

He won't go to jail, neither will any PDRC leaders.

That deal has already been brokered behind closed doors.

This is the announcement I have been waiting for.

The game is already over and the war was won already by the PDRC.

The senate will appoint an interim PM and a new cabinet. Probably on the orders of the constitutional court.

Suthep has been told it WILL happen.

This final week will be to set the stage for it, then the anti government protesters will be led off the street, the protest leaders will surrender to the law, the court will bail the lot of them, the pro Thaksin senators will be suspended for meeting Thaksin (yes they will) then the senate will vote to replace the cabinet and PM.

The reds will rise up, and all the anti gov lots will be watching from the safety and comfort of their homes while the reds are destroying BKK and getting what they deserve from the army.

I hope they take CAPO and the UDD out completely.

No courts, just military prison. They have already announced that they are an army.

Wow. You have an amazing ability to predict the future.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that what you predict might actually come to pass.

It is a horrifying prospect but a not impossible one.

Imagine Suthep and his gangsters triumphant, Abhisit back in power, Abhisit's censorship re-introduced, the poodle courts vindicated, the Isaan people put back in their lowly status as serfs and if they rebel - killed. That could all happen if Suthep wins.

Edited by anteater

Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, announced Saturday if not enough people come out to join his rallies to pressure the 24 remaining ministers to resign by May 26, he will surrender to police on the following day.

Wonder what odds the odds makers would give on this actually happening. 1000 to 1 ?

Is civil war formerly whoopy doo?

Can't be. His profile says he has not had any other user names!

I guess if someone gets banned then their username and IPaddress get banned also? Always proxy servers though of course.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My prediction for a news headline on May 27th.....Suthep continues rallies because 1,000,001 supporters join.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry but two of them were guards and they don't count. Suthep pass go and get your get out of jail free card.

• Like 1

He will not stop Suthep has been proven a liar and a drama queen many times over, he just thinks he knows better, as do a LOT of posters here who think that either A they are an economist or B think anarchy is the way to choose a government.

So what if PTP are a crap governing party, nothing new about electing a crap choice, all you do is vote them out next time if they really are that bad then the majority will agree with you too. You dont call out the army

Most cannot fathom what subsidies are or understand them, the fact that many nations do this all the time, with some good results some bad seems to escape them, mainly because they have no grasp of economics or understanding of how an economy on a national scale works compared to a personal account. You dont call out the army or shutdown the economy or start throwing bombs about or shooting people and beating them. .

Similarly most who think its ok to choose government by anarchy would be the biggest whiners or the biggest fools to support it in their own country, probably because A their wife says its the Thai way or B they are just too stupid to understand that rule by force or by coup or whatever cannot and does not work for long. Or C just too old, or stupid and uneducated to grasp the basics of what works and what dosnt. Clue Thailand dosnt because Thailand never lets democracy run its course before the next stupid coup or takeover.

Nearly all posters I see that are anti Suthep are NOT red supporters, merely they understand rule by elections and the peoples real choice not one imposed by a few by appointment or Military. It is amusing to see most definitely anti Thaksin or anti red or whatever consistently ignore the dangers and foolishness of this Suthep clown or worse wish for the army to step in and consistently tell others that criticise Suthep they are red supporters when they most clearly arnt anything more than supporters of rule by elections and freedom to choose, even the wrong option if they so should choose is ok, they can choose better the next time.

Taking politics here too seriously is silly, they all talk BS worse than even our own politicians even picking sides here politically perse is foolish. We arnt ever going to be accepted here or have ever been wanted tbh, best stop giving too much of a fig about a country that is totally self absorbed and dosnt give a fig about you in the slightest. If Thais want to run the country into the ground and fight over the money and power that is upto them, it will get what it deserves but at least do it by election instead of mob rule, that way the place at least will stand a chance some time in the future.

That all being said.supporting elections vs none is not a political point of view but rather a basic human rights one. This is what most people want to see but the longer it is avoided then greater the level of violence is likely and almost certain if elections are thwarted or by coup....

Personally I couldnt give a rats what party runs this country, its not mine to care about,never will be allowed and that will ever change, it does let me sit back, relax and watch how inept and badly run most things are here and always have been. As long as the decisions made on who runs things are done at the polling booths and by election of who they want to rob them blind im fine with that, it is only my family here I care about having a vote for I think most here just support elections and not a nutter that just al of a sudden after 25 yeas claims to suddenly care... he dosnt and nor do his backers.

That dosnt make me red or most others, just anti facsist, some are just not gullible enough to fall into the time old mantra of us all good them all baaad, just cant win in election so give us power because we know better and can be trusted..... yea right.. Biggest lie ever told with far too many people here swallowing the bs hook line and sinker.

Nice post, from the heart

"You don't give a rats " Just depends on who you want to choose as a fascist ? some of the PTP ?? or Suthep. ??

A nice post making you out to be so independent. If you think no matter how bad a government are--an election will solve all. ( Zimbabwe comes to mind) yes give them a second chance, 2 trillion gone ??? maybe unaccounted for ?? you think the rural people know about it ???

You think rural people understand the amnesty bill ??............fine let the people have another election and really bankrupt the country good and proper, "you don't give a rats" A hell of a lot of Thai people need time to let this exposure sink in. What a state of affairs PTP has brought upon it's own people.

he needs to vow to blow his brains out instead ,better for all the country

He already did that a fee months ago. He said on stage that he would kill himself if the government didnt go out. The deadline came and went and nothing happened. I had the champagne ready in the fridge ..

he needs to vow to blow his brains out instead ,better for all the country

He already did that a fee months ago. He said on stage that he would kill himself if the government didnt go out. The deadline came and went and nothing happened. I had the champagne ready in the fridge ..

Ha ha same with me with the Chalerm promise.

Yingluck also said a similar thing.--Did Thaksin say something similar ???

Edited by ginjag

What a retard! As if anyone would believe him!!!

chalerm?

ying luck?

and suthep?

obviously you are one of the problems for picking sides. so if i took you out to dinner and gave you the choices of eatting Dog Poop, Condensed Buffalo Fart Patte, or Sheep Nut Cheese with Grapes. which would you pick. Honestly the one with grapes sound nice.

Who's picking sides here? This article is about something Suthep said, has said many times before and never stuck to his word, so hands22 simply responded to that. It wouldn't be relevant to also comment on all other nitwit politicians that are out there.

I don't believe a word he says. He is trying to get sympathy from the people who used to come out and support him. He will just say he has a million people and continue the protest. However he will need a lot more than a million to win a victor over the government. There is not great victory for him, the government or the Thai people. Have elections now is the only way you can have reforms in the laws and in the constitution. No other way. Elections, reforms and than another election.

Only crackpots believed anything Suthep ever said and I agree with your post that Suthep simply will declare a million people present and continue on in his mad way.

Still, the more Suthep and the PDRC continue, the more likely it is they will become completely isolated, which should also prevent them stopping the next election.

So I would politely modify your sequence a mite to say elections, a representative constitutional convention, referendum. So that would be

Elections

Referendum

That would about do it.

Yes I think so.

What I would like to know from you PTP/red shirt supporters.

Do you honestly think this Govt is / has been run in a democratic manner as you would know in your own countries or any others?

Do you believe this Govt is pure a driven snow, not have committed numerous and blatant acts of corruption, cronyism, and nepotism?

Do you believe this govt populous policies where well thought out and for the benefit of all Thai people or only a select (very) few, and merely unsustainable campaign promises?

Do you honestly believe this govt has acted in a unbiased way to all Thai citizens and not shown total (biased) favoritism towards their supporters (red shirts)?

The last thing.

Do you believe that the anti govt protests are actually a bad thing and these people have no gripe of the current govt?

The "reforms" of Suthep and his PDRC are the worst idea since the Third Reich.

Elections

Referendum

Give up the ghost.

I agree 100%, Publicus!!! Since the beginning I have voiced my concerns with the acting government but at least they were abiding by the constitution and democracy itself. Hitler used a disguise of a saviour when he took power and turned it into the Third Reich. Suthep's campaign is seemingly a carbon copy what happened in Germany, North Korea, and a few others I can think of.

Corruption in general in this country needs to be addressed and that starts with routing out in the local areas of the people first and work its way up the chain. Start with the street level beaurocrats and law enforcers and work your way up. Laws are only as valid as the enforcement behind them.

"You don't give a rats " Just depends on who you want to choose as a fascist ? some of the PTP ?? or Suthep. ??

A nice post making you out to be so independent. If you think no matter how bad a government are--an election will solve all. ( Zimbabwe comes to mind) yes give them a second chance, 2 trillion gone ??? maybe unaccounted for ?? you think the rural people know about it ???

You think rural people understand the amnesty bill ??............fine let the people have another election and really bankrupt the country good and proper, "you don't give a rats" A hell of a lot of Thai people need time to let this exposure sink in. What a state of affairs PTP has brought upon it's own people.

You dont think the rural people understand????.Many must have bf/ husbands living in the villages, that encourage them to vote correctly, and to teach them. Sorry, i am going to laugh me balls off now,m after the crap i just put on here hahahahahahahahahahah. The vote is not decided by a bit of money, and certainly not be cloth eared Farangs who think they know better.

• Like 1

Folks, please remember that this is Mr. Suthep speaking. Remember his statements about the Final Battle, or the Last Push or something like that? Well, this is bound to be no different.. Ha ha... Or do you REALLY think this is going to be different? NOT!!!

And General Custers Last Stand by Yingluck

How's that posting on subjects other than politics going ginjag? Not too well, judging by this thread, 26 posts on this thread alone. Oh the hypocrisy......................

Tough talk for a banned troll. Getting closer to that magic number of posts fabs - 3,673.

Oh the hypocrisy ! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

It's a shame Suthep is the frontman for the anti-government movement, he attracts so many negative comments and deservedly so. But then does it really matter who is leading the movement ? The fact that so many people are sick and tired of the Shinawatra style of government says enough.

It would not matter who led them, the raving reds fans would run them down.

With Suthep gone, you Pro non democratic gov posters should be crying, you lot will have no one now to use as scapegoat for your super failure to govern within it's oath it gave.

Rice---tablets---water management---amnesty--refusal to have question time on TV----Money missing--no accounts----Sutheps Faultcheesy.gif

Election

Referendum.

Time has always been on the side of the government and time continues to be on the side of the government. Suthep, the PDRC, the judges, the advocates of a military mutiny coup d'état, the senate - they and their whole gang of feudalists - are unable to stop time or to turn back the clock.

Give up the ghost.

And keep on laughing cause it will help get you out of your doldrums.

Publicus, why are you supporting the pro government cause? Aren't you really just mad that Thaksin can not come back to his country, because of Suthep rousing the people of Bangkok to stop his movement. It seems your rants are just a cover for your real goal, giving the country back to Thaksin. Oh these Suthep people are delaying Thaksin's return. Poor Thaksin. I bet you believe it would be so nice if he could be President for life and then the country would not have to be bothered with elections again.

I can't understand if you are short sighted or just don't care. I only hear you complaining about Suthep. Please explain how you think that Thaksin will help the country. Look at what he's done over the past 3 years. Or should I say what he has messed up. It would be nice to hear and understand why you support him?

You want me to "explain" myself. This is the very wrong approach whether or not you say "please." My father used to demand I explain myself and I myself required my son and also my daughter to explain themselves, if you follow my drift. My ex used to demand it from up on her high horse.

I said I am anti-fascist but that seems invalid to some posters, which is their shortcoming and their cultural deficiency.

Show me the post in which I said I supported Thaksin, or advocated Thaksin be accepted back in to the country, or that I wanted to "give the country back to Thaksin," or said "poor Thaksin," or indicated I wanted, supported or advocated a "President for life" in Thailand for/by any person ever at all, or that I ever said the country should never be "bothered by elections again."

I reiterate I needn't "explain" anything in response to such editorialized and gross misrepresentations or because of wrongheaded rejections of my explicitly stated thoughts, motives, reasons.

BTW, how old are you?

@ Publicus, do you really think that talking to people in an arrogant and condescending manner on this forum makes you look good ? Or does it just make you feel good ? If you speak to people like in Thailand, if in fact you do live in the country, you would not be very popular or attract many friends.

.............................."I said I am anti-fascist but that seems invalid to some posters, which is their shortcoming and their cultural deficiency."..............................

.........................."I reiterate I needn't "explain" anything in response to such editorialized and gross misrepresentations or because of wrongheaded rejections of my explicitly stated thoughts, motives, reasons.

BTW, how old are you?"......................................................

Gee mate, I can understand Fab4 talking like that because he is just a desperate troll and being crass and arrogant is his modus operandi, but I did not expect you to go that way.

I felt bad about you insulting me in an earlier post but not any more, apparently you do it to anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Good luck with your future posts. biggrin.png

• Like 1