BKK Bar to watch Champions League Final?

oliver87

Hello All:

I am looking for a recommendation for a bar to watch the UEFA Champions Leage Final on Saturday the 24th of May, 2014. Kickoff is at 1:45am that night BKK time (Sunday morning technically).

Searching through threads from earlier years on the same topic, I have found the Crossbar, the Manchester United bar on Soi 11, The Londoner, and the Pickled Liver on Soi 11 as potential candidates.

Does anybody know if these bars still exist and if they will stay open to show the game this coming Saturday?

Best,

OL.

Probably. A quick google "Champion League Final" "bangkok" brought up that the Sportsman is advertising that they're showing it.

Londoner doesn't appear to be showing it. Crossbar doesn't mention it on their page either. No idea about the Pickled Liver showing it as they haven't updated their website since 2012 (as their main page states they're showing the 2012 Euros...)

Plenty of bars in Queen Park Plaza on Soi 22 will be showing it for sure though.

Thank you for the rundown, Rumblecat.

Regarding the Pickled Liver, I got an e-mail from Nick saying that they will be showing the match. He added that they are always open for any late matches including the upcoming World Cup.

Oliver.

Thank you for the rundown, Rumblecat.

Regarding the Pickled Liver, I got an e-mail from Nick saying that they will be showing the match. He added that they are always open for any late matches including the upcoming World Cup.

Oliver.

Great place. I really like the Pickled Liver, one of my favorite pub hangouts in Bangkok.

Don't forget there's also another big game on Saturday, the Championship play-off final. I don't generally watch football from the Championship but considering the winner will be playing in the Premier League next season I figure it's worth watching. I believe it's on at 21:00 (not sure where will have it). Should be good. Enjoy.

Thanks for that Oliver.

2nd thoughts that big bar on Soi 5 could be called Gullivers, on the right going up.

Loads of screens plus a big one with commentary. Good also for a game of pool.

ToneG

post-151188-0-89511200-1400882878_thumb.The Sports Academy is showing the champions league Final but with the Coup it means no one can leave the bar until 5 pm

Its open from 4 pm till 5 am today

​u can sms the manager Steve on 0848307104 or email [email protected]

Sports Academy is on the 2nd Floor Ruamchitt Plaza 2nd Floor Between Sukhumvit Soi 13 & 15 , its above Bush Gardens and Thamae Coffee Shop

post-151188-0-89511200-1400882878_thumb.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152420311371203&set=a.10150418836186203.414402.163160476202&type=1&theater

Edited by stingrayHustlers

attachicon.gifmap page.jpegThe Sports Academy is showing the champions league Final but with the Coup it means no one can leave the bar until 5 pm

Its open from 4 pm till 5 am today

​u can sms the manager Steve on 0848307104 or email [email protected]

Sports Academy is on the 2nd Floor Ruamchitt Plaza 2nd Floor Between Sukhumvit Soi 13 & 15 , its above Bush Gardens and Thamae Coffee Shop

attachicon.gifmap page.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152420311371203&set=a.10150418836186203.414402.163160476202&type=1&theater

its 5am.that you can leave,looks like you have pm.post match syndrome.not sure who their provider is but all true channels are off.its also heinekin cup final kick off 11pm.thai time.

OP, if you're further up on Sukhumvit, check out the Penalty Spot, between sois 27-29, halfway between Asoke and Phrom Phong.

They'll show the Champions League final, confirmed. They'll probably also show the Championship playoff game.

The problem is, IF the curfew continues this weekend, not that you have to stay in the bar till 5 am, but that you have to be there by about 9:45 pm. That's 4 hours BEFORE kick-off.

All in all a ridiculous situation.

• 3 years later...
On 4/24/2018 at 6:05 AM, Songkran18 said:

I'm currently visiting Bangkok and I've seen a few places stating they'll be open for duration of Liverpool vs Roma tonight. 

I ended up watching the match at Tilac in Soi Cowboy. They close at three and the match was basically over after the quick 2-0 Liverpool lead. Margarita Storm is open 24 hrs and they feature sports viewing, so that is one sure option for matches when you visit.