Anybody live in Europe and can transport my dog to me from Chiang Mai?

spiritbird14

Indeed there are online pet transporter services I am looking into, but keeping other options open too:)

If you find anyone gullible enough please let me know. I need an innocent-looking suitcase transporting to the UK. I'll pay too.

spiritbird, please provide some substance to your post, i.e. what legal documentation do you possess for international travel and are you willing to attend a veterinary doctor to have the dog checked for disease and concealed substances prior to departure? This is entirely relevant for such task.

Edited by wooloomooloo
  • Like 1

I have all the legal documentation such as her service dog license, updated vaccines records. She has traveled with me just fine from

Los Angeles to Chiang Mai 3 months ago, however Bangkok Airlines would not allow me to travel unless she was inside a hard crate plastic carrier case. They didn't even ask nor was concerned about any of her dogs papers. I understand it is a strange request but if it wasn't an urgent request, I wouldn't bother. I felt horrible leaving her behind, and my friend is watching her for me. I am almost wondering if it will be easier to just find a dog sitter until my return from Europe in a few months!

Its actually common to do this. ..my boxer came from Finland many many years ago. ..a friend of mine brought a purebred saluki from England to israel that way...its not a problem...paperwork is taken care for and just attached to someone who has a seat so not freight

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What a strange request, to transport a dog, if it was the OP wife I would understand,

but a dog????

On the contrary, if it was OP wife i would be more worried. What if OP does not pick her up at final destination?!laugh.png

have you checked all the paper work,on takeing an dogs & cats out of thailand

very few get to leave here,after they have been in country for any amount of time

we had a dog that they wouldn't let leave,even with all the shots and records

we solved that problem, we just stayed in thailand smile.png

I hope the dog doesn't eat anything illegal on the way to the airport. Be pretty hard to explain that away.

There's only so much heroin you can fit into a pomeranian.

Golden retriever a different story thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I have all the legal documentation such as her service dog license, updated vaccines records. She has traveled with me just fine from

Los Angeles to Chiang Mai 3 months ago, however Bangkok Airlines would not allow me to travel unless she was inside a hard crate plastic carrier case. They didn't even ask nor was concerned about any of her dogs papers. I understand it is a strange request but if it wasn't an urgent request, I wouldn't bother. I felt horrible leaving her behind, and my friend is watching her for me. I am almost wondering if it will be easier to just find a dog sitter until my return from Europe in a few months!

It would be easier to wait until back. Don't put the dog through the stress of the flight.

For a small fee to cover costs, I'd look after her.

• Like 2

...however Bangkok Airlines would not allow me to travel unless she was inside a hard crate plastic carrier case.

This is a wind-up and not even convincing.

How exactly is the dog going to travel to Europe other than in a hard crate plastic carrier case?

have you checked all the paper work,on takeing an dogs & cats out of thailand

very few get to leave here,after they have been in country for any amount of time

we had a dog that they wouldn't let leave,even with all the shots and records

we solved that problem, we just stayed in thailand smile.png

Yes, ironically it is much more difficult getting dogs and cats out of Thailand than it is getting them in, and not because the destination nations have a problem, but because of the Thai government. That said, we brought our dogs and cat back to the states with us. The office for the paperwork is just next to the place (east side} that sells cheese and ice cream across from the entrance to CMU on Huay Kaew

...however Bangkok Airlines would not allow me to travel unless she was inside a hard crate plastic carrier case.

This is a wind-up and not even convincing.

How exactly is the dog going to travel to Europe other than in a hard crate plastic carrier case?

In a pet carrier which is in the cabin, small dogs and cats are allowed this by a lot of airlines and there is even a special fair for this type of transportation.

Here is a link for dummies : http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/traveling-with-your-dog-by-jet-plane.html

It's quite a hassle and pretty costly from my experience.

You need an export licence up-to date vaccinations and a rabies serology test done to see if the dog has rabies antibodies in its system in which the blood is taken at a local vet and then sent to a lab in Germany for testing ,can take about a month for the results.

Good luck