Do you think this is a con or true

Phoenix1312

Living in a monastery with monks? NO WAY.

Well where do you think the Thai nuns live?

A woman doesn't have to be a nun to stay at a temple. I used to know a girl who often stayed at a temple in Ayuthaya.

Anyone can stay in a temple, I have with the Abbot from the UK. My wife was a Nun for 6 months under a famous monk who's temple was in her village. The Nuns are accommodated in a different building to the monks, that is all.

• Like 1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A woman doesn't have to be a nun to stay at a temple. I used to know a girl who often stayed at a temple in Ayuthaya.

This is true but i dont know about long term. I know my wife's sister has went for up to a week at a time.

My philosophy is that why would I eat a burger outside if I have a steak at home, unless there's no more steak to eat at home. If all is ok at home, I think very few men would find themselves compelled to cheat on their wives, let alone leave them. But then again, there's always the occasional dumbass who has everything and throws it away for something worse. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

A woman can be a nun for a day or a week and so on.

Once I had received permission from the head nun to do so, I would be ordained for 7 days, to see if I could tolerate the life style. I was ordained for initially 7 days and went through the following procedure. Once I was settled into my room and dressed in white, it was time to face the monks. A flower, 3 incense sticks and a candle, together with an envelope containing money was prepared. Five sets were required for 5 monks. I received the 8 precepts, followed by 5 monks chanting the blessings. Pronunciation of the 8 precepts in the Pali language was a challenge, but the monks were most helpful. I had the advantage of being able to speak Thai,

http://blogspot-mook.blogspot.com/

That is really besides the point. Do you buy the Thai woman's story? Seven years in a monastery? Seriously? CharlieH is right. The OP's husband claims to buy the story (just as some of you guys), but the reality is that he wanted to leave. He would have bought any story. She could have come up with a more believable one....but perhaps it's not necessary. Some of the folks here would believe anything.

The smartest move you can make is let this clown go. Giving all his assets to a thai woman , he is not real bright. There is probably a lien on the property already and she would now have a nice iphone the assets will be gone soon.

My philosophy is that why would I eat a burger outside if I have a steak at home, unless there's no more steak to eat at home. If all is ok at home, I think very few men would find themselves compelled to cheat on their wives, let alone leave them. But then again, there's always the occasional dumbass who has everything and throws it away for something worse. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

dumbass's like hugh grant and eddie murphy and tiger woods and michael jordan ...................coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

cheated, on 20 May 2014 - 16:36, said:Quote
"casual, on 20 May 2014 - 16:34, said:Quote

Two quick points:

1. She had a farang ex.
2. She agreed to sex after a couple of dates / visits.

Avoid women like this.

Actually she has had 4 that I know of. One paid her rent and gave her money if she slept with him.

How did she fit that schedule in if she was in a wat for 7 years and didn't have sex for the same period of time?

Or was the no sex a different 7 year period?..............................whistling.gif

Edit: I think you have every reason to doubt the story.

Edited by chrisinth

I mean no disrespect as if that is you in the photo,you look a very nice and attractive lady,but could there possibly have been things in your marriage,that were not going so well,whist i feel sorry for what has befallen you there are always two sides in every story.

You are right there is always 2 sides. I am not asking for people to take sides, I was merely asking if her story could be true. Yes that is really me and my husband didn't have any reason to stray. But he was obviously not happy with me.

You could actually take her story at face-value and its still perfectly believable.

So some girl had a foreigner boyfriend, who she got really enamoured with, but he ended up being married already and leaving her. So she's left alone, back in her "old life", and heartbroken. So she goes to a temple and ends up spending a lot of time as a nun. This is a common thing for people who are having an emotionally difficult time, they go become a monk or nun for a time to "get their head on straight" again. Most people don't spend nearly that much time, usually a few months max, but I'm sure some do stay for a long time. So after leaving the temple after so long, she goes back to doing massage - likely "happy" massage. Its very possible she met your husband and engaged in sexual contact as a business arrangement. So having yet another married foreigner on the hook, she makes the same choice as before - for money/security/love/whatever - and here we are.

I don't see anything at all unbelievable about this story. That doesn't mean its true, but it sounds perfectly ordinary to me.

• Like 2

My husband met a Thai woman, I think she was his masseuse. Over a month or so she saw he was spiritual and did yoga. She told him that she had been living in a monastery with the monks for 7 years. She said her heart was broken because her Australian boyfriend went back to his wife. She also told him she hadn't had sex for 7 years.

She got my husbands birthdate and said the monk she took it to said they were meant to be together as they knew each other in a past life.

Needless to say my husband was enchanted and started an affair with her. I caught him out and left him. She now has all his assets in her name so I can't claim anything.

I ask the question, do Buddhists that live in a monastery act this way and continually go for married men? Also would she have sex with my husband after a couple of visits? I think not. I think she got exactly what she wanted and all his assets as well.

Any opinions????
Ah.....c'mon give the OP the answers she wants so that she can move on in life and be happy again.........lets be frank and to the point.........better than being Jim or Harry
1. She was a masseuse..and saw that he was spiritual...yea right (since when have massage girls ever thought that far outside the box)
2. Living in a monastery for 7 years.....BS
3. Had not had sex for 7 years......BS
4. Heartbroken with the departure of the Australian B/f........B/f? or just another customer at the parlour that she told was "spiritual"...then started shagging.
5. Birthdate and "meant to be together" according to the monk....yea right the "scam noose" is tightening for sure. Didn't quite "noose" the Ozzie though did she.
6. Your ex transferred all his assets to her.........he is an absolute fool and will regret that.
7. She would have had "sex with your ex" in the parlour...most likely on the first if not second visit.
Give it a year from now..........your ex will come crawling and crying to your feet....broken......despairing........with 500b in his pocket, no assets..... and just the clothes on his back.
I apologise to the OP for being so blunt. Life is tough sometimes....so are it's messages.
I wish the OP great happiness, a new life, and fame and fortune in the future..........never go backwards no matter what....always go forwards....you can do it...!!
You deserve far more than your ex has put you through.
Good luck.......remember..... you can do it..........a person can take away your pride but they cannot take away your dignity..!!
  • Like 1

....you know the answers already.....

...this is common in Thailand.....are you not here....???

You know after seeing women stuff their business cards in his pockets in front of me, I was already uncomfortable. He is a good looking man. I kind of knew it was a matter of time. His ego started to get bigger. Everywhere we went the Thai women would say your husband very handsome. I am back in Australia moving on with my life.

If the question is can a broken hearted hooker stay in a Buddhist temple the answer is yes. 7 years seems a bit of a long while though. Women in Thailand stay in temples for many reasons and for different lengths of time. Actually the monks use them as domestics/cooks and they don't get much praying done.

<p>My husband met a Thai woman, I think she was his masseuse. Over a month or so she saw he was spiritual and did yoga. She told him that she had been living in a monastery with the monks for 7 years. She said her heart was broken because her Australian boyfriend went back to his wife. She also told him she hadn't had sex for 7 years. She got my husbands birthdate and said the monk she took it to said they were meant to be together as they knew each other in a past life. Needless to say my husband was enchanted and started an affair with her. I caught him out and left him. She now has all his assets in her name so I can't claim anything. I ask the question, do Buddhists that live in a monastery act this way and continually go for married men? Also would she have sex with my husband after a couple of visits? I think not. I think she got exactly what she wanted and all his assets as well.Any opinions???? Ah.....c'mon give the OP the answers she wants so that she can move on in life and be happy again.........lets be frank and to the point.........better than being Jim or Harry 1. She was a masseuse..and saw that he was spiritual...yea right (since when have massage girls ever thought that far outside the box)2. Living in a monastery for 7 years.....BS3. Had not had sex for 7 years......BS4. Heartbroken with the departure of the Australian B/f........B/f? or just another customer at the parlour that she told was "spiritual"...then started shagging.5. Birthdate and "meant to be together" according to the monk....yea right the "scam noose" is tightening for sure. Didn't quite "noose" the Ozzie though did she.6. Your ex transferred all his assets to her.........he is an absolute fool and will regret that.7. She would have had "sex with your ex" in the parlour...most likely on the first if not second visit. Give it a year from now..........your ex will come crawling and crying to your feet....broken......despairing........with 500b in his pocket, no assets..... and just the clothes on his back. I apologise to the OP for being so blunt. Life is tough sometimes....so are it's messages.I wish the OP great happiness, a new life, and fame and fortune in the future..........never go backwards no matter what....always go forwards....you can do it...!! You deserve far more than your ex has put you through.Good luck.......remember..... you can do it..........a person can take away your pride but they cannot take away your dignity..!!

Loved your post. Thank you for taking the time to write it

• Like 1

He will be out on the street as soon as she finds there are no more assets and there is no regular income.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. Of course if there is money coming in regularly she will hang in.

• Like 2

Not correct, many Nun's and Monks share a common Wat, obviously not rooms,

Thai Nuns have their own place not at the same monasteries afaik

Try eating steak all day long, everyday, and let us know when you feel like a burger - or anything else than steak for that matter :-D

Terrible example imo :-)

My husband met a Thai woman, I think she was his masseuse. Over a month or so she saw he was spiritual and did yoga. She told him that she had been living in a monastery with the monks for 7 years. She said her heart was broken because her Australian boyfriend went back to his wife. She also told him she hadn't had sex for 7 years.

​She's just looking for a new guy who supports her. Thai women usually go there for a week, when they thought they'd made something wrong.

Don't let them make a fool out of you. -wai2.gif

• Like 1

I mean no disrespect as if that is you in the photo,you look a very nice and attractive lady,but could there possibly have been things in your marriage,that were not going so well,whist i feel sorry for what has befallen you there are always two sides in every story.

You are right there is always 2 sides. I am not asking for people to take sides, I was merely asking if her story could be true. Yes that is really me and my husband didn't have any reason to stray. But he was obviously not happy with me.

No, her story is obviously not true, and is likely something your ex. has fabricated, as he thought it would be easier for you to swallow some story about being soulmates rather than the truth that he fell for a bargirl.

He may not be as stupid as everyone thinks he is. It seems he has afterall managed to avoid giving you any part of the assets. Of course, getting them back from the new girl later may be a problem, but he stood to lose a big part of the assets to you anyway, so taking a chance on this does make some sense.

​She's just looking for a new guy who supports her. Thai women usually go there for a week, when they thought they'd made something wrong.

Don't let them make a fool out of you. -wai2.gif

The hooker already got the husband and all his assets. What's left?

• Like 1