Koh Chang still nice

2008bangkok

About 6 or maybe 7 years ago i went to Koh Chang for about 10 days(was meant to be 3), stayed at a place called Lonely beach where you could rent a simple hut for about 120 baht a night literally on the beach, there was only about 3 bars that each took it in terms to have a night party, then at the end of that particular beach was a bar/restaraunt called the tree house which hungover the sea

Was a really good place to just relax, read and meet fellow travellers, is this still the case does Koh Chang still have areas like this, I understand Lonely beach has been taken over by the big chain hotels and the tree house has gone?

Just wondering if there was still places like this as id like to take the kids to Koh Chang for a relaxing few days and get out rat race for a few days.

We just got back from there, 4 nights on White Sand Beach. It's dead right now, at least during the week.

Had lunch at Lonely Beach. That backpacker place. I think it's called Siam Hut, or something like that. Has a row of fan only shacks on the beach. 350-500B each. Kinda run down and just an OK beach there. Lots of rocks. But it was nice. Food was pretty good and cheap. Small pool. But HOT!!!!!!!

We stopped by Laem Mae Phim on the way back. Quite a nice beach also if you don't want to drive all the way to KC. We'll be going there for our next getaway.

Lonely beach does now have some up market hotels, but also still plenty of back packer style places.

See booking.com and/or trip advisor.

Like craig said, it's looking a bit shabby right now; and hot is also accurate!

In the last 6 years the island, and lonely beach, have, of course, developed a bit, but I still think it's possible to relax there.

I usually stay in kai bae now, nang nual resort does it all for me.

Great to be in the sea, look back at the beach and not see a load of high risers.

Low season prices, I was there last week for 5 days, one afternoon of rain.