Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

Excuse me, but there is no such thing as 22pm. There is 2200 hours and there is 10 pm.

Jeesh!

There is in Thailand (though they actually write it 22.00pm).

it could be worse ,they could have completely cocked it up and wrote 22.00am laugh.png

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that means no food in the markets...My brother in Law has to leave home evey morning at 1.30 so that people can buy the days meat. I hope they sort a permit system out soon for urgent work.

Logical exemptions are permitted. Have him contact local officials. Delivery of Pershible Food, Medical Emergencies, International Travel, certain shift work....all ok, but should contact local officials

Well that means no food in the markets...My brother in Law has to leave home evey morning at 1.30 so that people can buy the days meat. I hope they sort a permit system out soon for urgent work.

Logical exemptions are permitted. Have him contact local officials. Delivery of Pershible Food, Medical Emergencies, International Travel, certain shift work....all ok, but should contact local officials

No problem! Just dial 911.mil and they'll have a chopper come pick you up.

Edited by MaxYakov

I imagine a few booze addict farangs might miss the lady bars. But not exactly the end of the world. Hopefully it helps the military go around to catch all those with ill intent and it will be over in a few days.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Oh? Savvy about military dictatorships are you?

Do you not travel to any of the surrounding countries ever?

If have to travel a long distance to Trendy for British passport renewal, consider yourself stuffed.

I reckon long term over stayers and those on dodgy visas might really start to worry.

My girl's throwing dinner plates at my head, it's my fault she has no cigs allegedly.

Will the emergency services or anyone else deliver me 20 cigs if I give them a good tip?

if she cant wait over two hours for a smoke how is she ever going to use an airplane ?

anyway ,there was ample time to buy beer and smokes in the hours betwee afternoon and 22.00

My girl's throwing dinner plates at my head, it's my fault she has no cigs allegedly.

Will the emergency services or anyone else deliver me 20 cigs if I give them a good tip?

if she cant wait over two hours for a smoke how is she ever going to use an airplane ?

anyway ,there was ample time to buy beer and smokes in the hours betwee afternoon and 22.00

Off-topic but I do recommend nicotine patches for long haul.

Off-topic but I do recommend nicotine patches for long haul.

Or a new girlfriend.

She's Ok now, she made an improvised device out of a bottle of mountain dew, some tinfoil and a biro pen.

Then she raided the ashtray for some cig dimps for tobacco. Whilst smoking it, the delight on her face looked better than when we make love.

I still have to clean the mess up though because "they your plate not my promplem" she said. unsure.png

• Like 1

She's Ok now, she made an improvised device out of a bottle of mountain dew, some tinfoil and a biro pen.

Then she raided the ashtray for some cig dimps for tobacco. Whilst smoking it, the delight on her face looked better than when we make love.

I still have to clean the mess up though because "they your plate not my promplem" she said. unsure.png

she sounds like an ex-crackhead smoking butts with tinfoil and a plastic bottle ,the shops open in 89 minutes F-fs

• Like 1

I imagine a few booze addict farangs might miss the lady bars. But not exactly the end of the world. Hopefully it helps the military go around to catch all those with ill intent and it will be over in a few days.

I ask a question and I get another question. Can you please tell us what is going on in Gen Prayuth's military mind with quotes like this:

"The coup was intended to allow reform of the country's political, economic and social structure to ensure fairness for everyone." (from an alleged reliable source which has not yet been censored)

Now where have I heard that phrase "fairness for everyone" before? Let me think ...

Get back to us ASAP before Gen Prayuth shuts down (or drastically censors) the internet.

PS: The question remains: Can you read Prayuth's mind? Can you predict his actions? How do you think Yingluck will look in jungle-green camo outfit? Or do you think she she should go with the desert-tan? (Although I don't think she'll really be making that call).

Edited by MaxYakov

I ask a question and I get another question. Can you please tell us what is going on in Gen Prayuth's military mind with quotes like this:

"The coup was intended to allow reform of the country's political, economic and social structure to ensure fairness for everyone." (from an alleged reliable source which has not yet been censored)

Now where have I heard that phrase "fairness for everyone" before? Let me think

Get back to me ASAP before Gen Praythey shuts down the internet.

PS: The question remains: Can you read Prayuth's mind? Can you predict his actions? How do you think Yingluck will look in jungle-green camo outfit? Or do you think she she should go with the desert-tan?

Haha. I think yingluck will be wearing designer labels as always and most likely riding in a private jet to meet big bro in Dubai.

Gen Puyuth is most likely thinking about rounding up all the extremists; I am pretty sure he is not looking Max Yakov with some sinister plan to throw him in jail - unless you are secret spy on evil mission? No I don't think you need to worry about the general. I can not read his mind but feel perfectly safe with him running the country. I am more worried about some red shirt extremists going on a bombing campaign. I pray the military can avert any serious blood shed.

Keep calm and carry on.

:)

• Like 1

The coup leaders say it consists of The Army, Navy, Air Force and National Police. But the police are the main part of Thailand problems!

Why can't they see this and reform the Police as well.

Chris

This is the most depressing thing I've read on this thread.

True, but completely irrelevant to the topic?

The coup leaders say it consists of The Army, Navy, Air Force and National Police. But the police are the main part of Thailand problems!

Why can't they see this and reform the Police as well.

Chris

They have no choice but to bring the police into the fold for a number of reasons.

Technically, the RTP are not really a civil force like in most countries, but are a fully fledged gendarmerie. They are counted as one of Thailand's four armed forces and Armed Forces Preparatory School cadets have the option of choosing to serve in either the RTA, RTN, RTAF or RTP upon graduation.

The other reason is that soldiers aren't police and most police work requires police, which is why the US kept the Japanese police on post WWII. Just look at the sheer, utter chaos that ensued when the entire Iraqi police force that were there under Saddam were sacked in 2003.

And probably the most important reason of all is that Prayuth knows he has to keep 'em close where he can see 'em, so that he can size them up for the inevitable horse trading that will go on for quite some time. He has to bind them into a political solution somehow.

• Like 1

Good morning! My boyfriend and I have plans to travel to Thailand Monday, May 26th. Is there anyone living in the area that can shed a little light on the safety of the area (Bangkok, Sumai). Also, have they given a suggested end to the curfew? It would be helpful to hear from people in the area, rather than relying only on media coverage. If it is unsafe we will have to try to make some last min. travel changes. Thank you so much!

thailand is currently no less safe than normal (although it's not switzerland)

you can still have a great holiday if night-time partying is not a priority for you

Thank you!