Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How soon before the Internet goes down?

More than one Thai person I know seems to think it will be cut off around 2200. I HOPE NOT!wai2.gifw00t.gif

Confirmed my TOT is shut down. Thanks to the soldiers for keeping my 3G on. But ya made a mistake and shut off the cable. Please turn it back on.

OHHHH the humanity!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by yougivemebaby

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My sympathy is with all the people who actually work for a living at night.
It seems odd to impose a curfew on 100% at night time when the presumed issue is with 0.1% during daylight.

My girlfriend is working in a hotel tonight, finishing at midnight. She's not sure how she can go home with no buses or taxis around. Probably will have to sleep there for the night.

Sure she can find a room to sleep in

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Will be interesting to see how this is enforced in Pattaya. Will be a ghost town if they really mean business.

I am in Pattaya, just been told I can not leave the hotel.

Decent people sleep at night....&lt;deleted&gt;? I worked night for many years and maybe I'm not a "decent people". Matter of fact I worked 24/7/365. I don't sleep well at night, never had thanks to a paid vacation to the lovely country of Vietnam courtesy of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Get a brain and a life.

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

It means we have to cut down on the night shots outdoors, sad.png ........apologies to all who are asking &lt;deleted&gt;? wink.png

No-ones taking any notice on the Sukhumvit road - bars as per normal right now, I can't see anyone taking any notice !!

And yet someone recently posted that Soi 4 and Nana plaza are all closed.

A girl on a bike just asked me where i go and jokingly i said cambodia..... she replied "you get shot if you talk like that" and rode off.biggrin.png

There goes the lift... you were just about to be offered. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

All TV channels now blocked. internet will be blocked from 8pm. This is serious stuff. Trouble brewing with Red Shirts.

What's your source on this? It's 8:20 and all's well.

Surely they must know that the Internet isn't just a place for posting cat pictures; it's a critical piece of the country's infrastructure that schools and businesses rely on.

None of the kids that got their tablets have electricity to charge them anyway (2000 schools in Thailand still don't have electricity) and the ones they did manage to plug in somewhere to charge are now broken..... whistling.gif

All TV channels now blocked. internet will be blocked from 8pm. This is serious stuff. Trouble brewing with Red Shirts.

I'm on the internet watching CNBC streaming. 2230.

Whay would anyone want to watch CNBS? Zerohedge all the way baby!

No-ones taking any notice on the Sukhumvit road - bars as per normal right now, I can't see anyone taking any notice !!

I walked down soi cowboy at 7pm and all the bars were closed or closing, The Clubhouse had just shut, but The Crossbar was open, I had a couple of pints and walked back to phra ram 9 at 8.45pm, the roads were gridlocked and lots of people walking back.

I walked down soi cowboy at 7pm and all the bars were closed or closing, The Clubhouse had just shut, but The Crossbar was open, I had a couple of pints and walked back to phra ram 9 at 8.45pm, the roads were gridlocked and lots of people walking back.

Nana and most massage/girlyplaces(legit or not) just gave up and closed around 20:00. Walked around the area just to see what could be seen and it was an exodus of people just buggering off. Trying to cross the street was worse than ever.

A girl on a bike just asked me where i go and jokingly i said cambodia..... she replied "you get shot if you talk like that" and rode off.biggrin.png

ha yea..... the bar girls seem to be in a panic here.... there's negotiations happening on the streets that would make any government look incompetent!

My mate in Pattaya was crying into his beer at 2150!! He's just got home on leave today as well, and was in need of a good session, he's now off home with a face like a bulldog licking the piss off a nettle.. if Carlsberg did Coups!!!

• Like 1

Here in the US, the news stations are acting like Thailand has become a war zone and everyone is going to die. This is not helping my cause. Shut it, CNN!

In the US, 95% of the media is controlled by 5 corporations. Please don't drink the kool-aid they're selling, it's tainted.

ha yea..... the bar girls seem to be in a panic here.... there's negotiations happening on the streets that would make any government look incompetent!

Appreciate your ironical comment, but regret to inform you that ALL governments are incompetent by default

• Like 1

It was high time that the Army has stepped in and he has clearly warned both sites if they do not stop their BS he will take action. Well Done! To get the 2 Leaders in detention makes sense and to round Up the United Front against Democracy and for Dictatorship are the right thing to do and we will see over the next couple of days more weapons will be found within thar Khmer rouge style group. Hopefully as well the weapons who where used in 2010 and then blame the deads on the army. Now let see which steps he will take to get the Country on the right track. To say back on track would be wrong because then the Sht as before would continue.

And what about late international flights?

Taxis to and from the airport will be fine.

IF you can find a taxi that is. I wonder how strict they will be.
Not very strict at all believe me! Yes I have a cristal bowl.

i was just at patpong and the girls were worried about business. i guess their worries just got confirmed.

I agree it it going to be interesting to see how the bars and clubs treat this.

One thing though. It says you cannot leave your house between 10 and 5.

What happens if you already left it at 8 and are at the bar. and it is 11 are you still ok.

Maybe it just means that you are going to have to stay there all night LOL.

As to the airport arrivals. I think that a way of resolving that is to have buses setup to take people to hotels. Tourist arrives shows hotel booking confirmation gets on buss tht takes them to hotel.

Works for me. Actually best thing that could happen to tourist.

Deja vue,got locked in Grace Hotel many moons ago,just slept on the couch with the girls.Cleaner let us out at 6am.Those were the days my friend ..........

• Like 1

Pattaya is lock down! police come and close the bars.... Good night!

That's not good, I've booked a room for Saturday and Sunday evening in Pattaya, everything closed in bkk and I wanted to see the champions league final.

A good lie for your wife, similar to tell her to buy cigarettes and you never come back. You can'r cheat TVF members.-w00t.gif