Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

All foreign channels BBC,CNN,News Asia etc cut in CNX now

No loss there then coffee1.gif

I have TOT IP TV and all stations running except a few from China and Thai stations but the dubbed Thai are working as are Al Jazeera, Euronews, CNN SKYNEWS

Edited by marcusd

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

So if I have a heart attack at 1am I have to wait until 5am to go to the hospital?

If you have a heart attack your driver will have a clear road!

Hmmm. Hopefully this only lasts the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you have money deposited at Thai banks you better take it out. This will not be a 2 day coup.

Nonsense,,, scaremongering!

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

So if I have a heart attack at 1am I have to wait until 5am to go to the hospital?

No

Wife says, she sees on miltary news, internet will be shut down at 10pm, well see if its true or willnhappen or not

If they do it indiscriminately by simply shutting down data centers, expect utter mayhem as large parts of society already rely on internet connectivity, including many government services. I don't think they'll cut it, but they might well block a large number of websites outside Thailand. A VPN should work.

Channel News Asia still on IPM in Surin and I'm also watching F1 practice from Monaco on 365sort.tv. Guess Bangkok, Chiang Mai will be targeted frst then they will methodically work around the preplanned regions. Had plenty of time to organise, plan and now implement.

THai language channels matter

True, but the military will want to control everything mediawise if they are serious. They will deny all independant information to everyone in order to maintain control and prevent organised counter insurgency. The idea of a curfew is to control and protect the majority of the population. Anyone caught violating the curfew may well have some difficult questions to answer. If one doesn't need to be out, then why risk it? Unless of course one thinks it's all just a bit of fun and pantomime.

I held a combat rifle for 22 years. During that time I never liked civilians much.

Edited by watso63
  • Like 1

When we think its all a joke...That's the time evil strikes the most...Do not take this lightly....stock up on food, water....everything will be expensive in coming days...have an exit plan...Its a good time to be paranoid than being hungry ...They seems to be moving this to level 2 of chaos....DO not take this lightly just because earlier nothing happened.....this happens always in life...When you least expect it...

• Like 2

This is Awesome. Means all that sex trade crap goes lights out at 10. The dirty foreigners are all alone if they did not do the hook up. Stock up on your favorite adult beverage. Relax and enjoy. Of course anybody living in Thailand and going through the last couple of these knows it only has a presence in BKK and few major tourist venues. If you live outside those "Places" its business as usual.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, wonder what TAT will do now to promote tourism? alt=blink.png>

Come to Amazing Thailand...once in a lifetime opportunity...to participate in a country under Martial Law...makes it more exciting to move about the country...tours will be visiting the activists leaders being held in detention...make pics and selfies with military personnel...

So thats why there are locks on the door from 24 hour supermarkets , they will be closed tonight

Feel sorry for the people working nightshift gonna be losing income and no way getti g compensation

Not sure about compensation part. I think the people will get some kind compensation and don't feel sorry, now they don't need to work.

Yawn - IIRC the last time there was a coup (2006), hardly anyone outside of the government and the military even noticed ! A few pictures of some people putting flower rings on the barrels on the tank cannons was about it.

Then again, we didn't have a curfew or ban on gatherings. I was in Pattaya and never saw a single difference between per and post coup, and flew out a few days later just like normal.

But of course, all the foreigners have to complain about having the bars closed, and oh how badly Thailand is going to suffer if they can't have their nightly pints, and "dang-nab it ! I'mma leaving an nevva coming back again" and the usual "But why are they targeting me with these unfair rules ?" (etc/etc) as though the Thais really give a crap about a few whiny farangs when their country is on the brink of a civil war.

After the last coup, it took what, days for the tourist arrival levels to return to normal ? The Thai baht hardly wavered (much to the disappointment of many of us) and within a very short time pretty much everyone (foreign) forgot there had even been a coup. Obviously hoping for a similar outcome this time as I would hate to see blood on the streets. Despite the turmoil and (sometimes) chaos, Thailand has always managed to bounce back and advance much better than it's neighbours.

Let's hope this coup gives both sides some breathing room and a chance to sit back, evaluate the situation and come up with a peaceful solution to the crisis.

• Like 2

i hope the military stay in power for the rest of time .

Politicians proved over and over that they can't do anything else than stealing .

So stop this game of the politicians for good.

Only 1 party : the military ,better than all the rest.Amen

• Like 2