Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

Lite Beer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading about reforms... but can someone detail these reforms?

They wrote the constitution back in 2006 and then STILL lost all the elections!

What has changed since then and why do they think they can get it right this time? It'But s like Groundhog day!

What really annoys me is how the Democrats (sic) boycotted the last elections....... seriously, if they really believe in Democracy they should have put forward their policies and convinced the electorate to vote for them. Believe me, it was there for the taking. Many rural voters were NOT happy with the government.....

Has anyone here heard from "Moonao" recently? Seems he/she has disappeared from trolling.

Several of them have done so, including those that kept bragging and sending photos from the UDD rally site such as OldBlueCodger and Wandasloan, for example.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Robert Amsterdam is already talking about setting up a government in exile. Better to detain them until they can be charged with corruption and then deny them bail.

When ythe military suspends the constitution and civil liberties, it doesn't need to charge anyone with anything. People just go straight to jail on a whim. What a great way to herald a new beginning of democracy for Thailand.

Who cares? Innocent people have nothing to worry about? You want me to drop you some food parcels so you don't need to leave home? lol

The 2nd women leader detailed and/or jailed by military in SE asia.

First as Aung San Suu Kyi by Burmese Junta.

Now Yingluck by Thai Junta.

Absurd statement. Aung San Suu Kyi made sacrifices for the people of Burma. She was put under house arrest for standing together with the people against the military junta that shoots you straight if you voice your dissent. What did YS do for the people of Thailand to deserve this analogy?

"You know nothing Jon Snow"

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

I keep reading about reforms... but can someone detail these reforms?

They wrote the constitution back in 2006 and then STILL lost all the elections!

What has changed since then and why do they think they can get it right this time? It'But s like Groundhog day!

What really annoys me is how the Democrats (sic) boycotted the last elections....... seriously, if they really believe in Democracy they should have put forward their policies and convinced the electorate to vote for them. Believe me, it was there for the taking. Many rural voters were NOT happy with the government.....

I've no idea what these reforms would have been. Whatever politicians would have suggested would have not weakened their own position.

How about being able to campaign all over the country without being attacked

How about each party has a live televised debate of their policy platform. YL's 15K a month salary would never have gotten off the ground, for example.

Dog and pony show on the part of the military. The Shinawatra family could buy and sell them or have them killed and buried where no one would ever find them. She'll be put up in a luxury hotel somewhere until the military decides what mistake it wants to make next.

Absurd statement. Aung San Suu Kyi made sacrifices for the people of Burma. She was put under house arrest for standing together with the people against the military junta that shoots you straight if you voice your dissent. What did YS do for the people of Thailand to deserve this analogy?

She is the people of Thailand choice.

_

Edited by JohnnyJazz

Some really important details missing here:

1. Will she be able to use her Skype account?

2. Will they organize daily shopping excursions?

Your posts are juvenile and sophomoric ant totally inappropriate given the gravity and seriousness of the situation. The freedom and lives of a great country are at stake here. What ever side you happen to be on your posts and similar posts attacking PM Ying Luck's persona have no place here. Because she is a woman you attack her personally in demeaning and sexist terms. Your comments offer nothing of substance.

Sansaiexpat is a droan...army employees here on the forum.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's drone....if you want to form and argument, at least learn how to spell!

• Like 1

Caption for photo.....

General, grinning, to Yingluck, "You will be in #3, squat toilet, floor sleeping mat, fish heads on call, leave your jewelry with me."

Yingluck, "Oh goody, my 3rd maid brought my blankie and the little toad doll I so love to sleep with."

Gen, "Reminds you of your brother?"

Ying, "You so smart, old man."

Gen calling out to guard, "Put a bayonet through that frog doll, several times. Never know what could be in there."

Guard doing as told, "Euweeee, slime came out!!!"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I feel sort of sad for her in a way. Thaksin in essence forced her into this position, and

then gave her skype instructions on how to loot the country. What at first seemed

like power and free shopping trips abroad has now turned horribly wrong for her..

I thought this exact thought when she first announce she was going to run for Pm for the PTP!

Former Thai PM Yingluck 'detained by military'

BANGKOK, May 24, 2014 (AFP) - Former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has been detained by the military junta that seized power in a coup, a source in her Puea Thai party said on Saturday.

"It is confirmed that she was detained by the military since she reported to the junta yesterday," said the source, who was present when Yingluck answered a call to report to the army on Friday.

"We are unsure of her whereabouts because the military confiscated her mobile phones and those of her aides," said the source, who had served in Yingluck's government.

Yingluck was removed from office in a controversial court ruling earlier this month that set the stage for the military takeover announced on Thursday by army chief General Prayut Chan-O-Cha.

She was among 155 prominent figures from both sides of Thailand's bitter political divide who the army has said were summoned, which also included her successor, now-deposed caretaker premier Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan.

Most of those summoned appear to have been Puea Thai members or prominent supporters.

They were also banned from leaving the country, a step analysts said appeared aimed at averting formation of a government-in-exile.

Yingluck reported to a Bangkok army facility on Friday morning.

The Bangkok Post quoted military and other sources as saying she was subsequently taken to another unspecified army installation.

Yingluck's aide Wim Rungwattanajinda told AFP on Friday the former premier was thought to have been taken to a military camp outside the capital.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-24

You outside farang, you come from democracies. Why don't you call on your countries to help, instead of wasting your time in here on forums. Get in action for justice, for truth, for freedom of speach, go do it !

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because we like it the way it is. Rapists are found hanged in their cells. Drug dealers summarily executed. Indians not allowed to drive taxis or open minimarts. Sunshine everyday. Great food. I could go on and on. It's called paradise. Why change it?

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

Absolutely on both counts.

As someone who lives in Issan this will not go down very well.

• Like 1

Your posts are juvenile and sophomoric ant totally inappropriate given the gravity and seriousness of the situation. The freedom and lives of a great country are at stake here. What ever side you happen to be on your posts and similar posts attacking PM Ying Luck's persona have no place here. Because she is a woman you attack her personally in demeaning and sexist terms. Your comments offer nothing of substance.

So, you're saying in reality she DOESN'T have a keen interest in shopping and making/taking Skype calls from Dubai?? Really??

Caption for photo.....

General, grinning, to Yingluck, "You will be in #3, squat toilet, floor sleeping mat, fish heads on call, leave your jewelry with me."

Yingluck, "Oh goody, my 3rd maid brought my blankie and the little toad doll I so love to sleep with."

Gen, "Reminds you of your brother?"

Ying, "You so smart, old man."

Gen calling out to guard, "Put a bayonet through that frog doll, several times. Never know what could be in there."

Guard doing as told, "Euweeee, slime came out!!!"

From your avatar you are of the submissive kind when it comes to women..

Here we have a powerful woman, who reaches to the top.

It really feels good to talk her down, does it ?

I can't help but feel sorry for you.

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

\

with out leaders the red shoirst are running wild with no direction

the reason the lock and the leaders have been seperated

Robert Amsterdam is already talking about setting up a government in exile. Better to detain them until they can be charged with corruption and then deny them bail.

If he's in Thailand spouting that crap, I would be very surprised if the General doesn't slap him down some..

• Like 1

Its a good time for her to reflect on what disaster her family had brought to Thailand and also relate how much the whole group had helped themselves over the 2+ years.

Yeah right, what are you smoking?

Seriously, are you 11 years old? And, btw, in case you're confused, this isn't a movie. This is real life. You're a child.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree and after next elections (when?????) PTP will win and the whole game starts again?