Farmers welcome junta’s prompt remedial action plan

Lite Beer

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, this is an excellent move by General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Humanity and smiles are returning to Thailand at the same time as the Red Shirt Terrorists are being arrested.

Keep up the good work General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

they aint got the money yet, good way of keeping them quite for a few weeks. The terrorists were voted in in 1 person 1 vote, and these same rice farmers will vote for them again given the chance, so several rice farmers tell me anyway.

Love to see the General stabilise the price of rice , Thai rice is no longer competitive and the world don't need it. Time stood still in the Thai paddy fields as that was how it was meant to be by the power that be, mean while other rice growing countries passed them by.

Get out your ten rai Paddy field and into another industry Khun Halamjiak because technology and competitiveness needs 500+ rai paddy fields.

Well i never the army buying votes!

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

Shortly after they will probably grant themselves amnesty for their actions.

Its all remarkably ironic, if it was not so predictable and pathetic.

Maybe the 2 trillion in dosh has been located by Prayuth, and that's how he can now pay the farmers, and your own predictions may be slightly pathetic? Ever cross your mind? The 2 trillion infra-rubbish will undoubtedly be cancelled immediately, as many other investments for improvements are recognised as being much more needy. Ironic, isn't it?

• Like 2

Well i never the army buying votes!

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

Shortly after they will probably grant themselves amnesty for their actions.

Its all remarkably ironic, if it was not so predictable and pathetic.

So in what way is it different from the army granting themselves an amnesty and Thaksin want in amnesty for his crimes?

The one thing that is different is that the military can now take action against those that ripped off the system to return the money to the coffers. remember anyone arrested now goes to military court not to civilian where they can make all sorts of threats and excuses.

Prayuth realizes that the more he can do for the people the better it will be.

The fact that all the political leaders are doing a time out does not hurt either.

And where is Chalerm's response, or even where is he?

Market forces, not this self appointed demi-god general will determine rice prices . Future stabilisation, by the junta, at a higher than market level, means subsidy from somewhere. Great that those owing monies may finally get paid, but what of their future ? I am not at all motivated by politics, I condemn Thaksin and all corrupt officialdom of any persuasion. However, I wince at every post that proclaims the new PM General as the ultimate saviour. How much do we really know of this man's motivation, intention or, perhaps, manipulation?

• Like 2

Yinglucks mistake was stepping down calling for elections, once that happened she was stopped from being able to pay them for it. I think the farmers are smart enough to see what really happened. All you yellow followers seemed to hate the scheme, now you think its brilliant because your hero non-corrupt coup leaders are doing it now.

silly post..its money they have been owed for 7 months its an obligation..yingluks mistake was taking the job/and not providing the funds when she dissolved parliament correct...if the scheme was carried out the way it was meant to be done without the enormous theft.then no-one would be talking about it khun....wai2.gif

No. Yingluck's mistake was believing that the EC would act ethically and permit the farmers to be paid..as per their legal entitlement under the elected govt's program.

• Like 1