Farmers welcome junta’s prompt remedial action plan

Lite Beer

No, it's not wrong. Yingluck and the govt tried every measure to secure the release of funds to pay the farmers. They were blocked at every turn by forces opposed to the payment. That included Suthep who tried to bully and browbeat the banks into non-cooperation. Either you are ignorant of the facts or your memory is faulty...you choose

Yingluck was given a very fair crack of the whip plus the benefit of the doubt that she was not a puppet of her brother. However that all went out of the window when she pushed through the amended Amnesty Bill at 3.00 am.

That's what you are dealing with a liar and a thief. Who would this Bill benefit? Dr. Thaksin perhaps? No that couldn't be possible. I find your pro-Thaksin rhetoric deplorable. Stop spreading misguided propaganda on behalf of the Shins. They are scum and akin to the Marcos Family.

• Like 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An excellent move. Of course he has to make it clear this payment OWED to them by the Government is the last we see of this scheme. It has distorted prices. It has removed Thailand from the world market. And in the end, the farmers did NOT GET ANY BETTER because of it.

What farmers need is co operatives. All the Government needs to give them is trucks, warehouses and help with promoting their own produce. That will indefinitely improve the plight of the farmers. And it won't cost whatever this crazy scheme has cost.

How come now the money is suddenly here to pay the farmers?

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Anyone that cant see what is going on is blind.

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Controversial former prime minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra lives in Dubai in self-exile to avoid corruption charges. While some say his influence over younger sister Yingluck, Thailand's embattled prime minister, is waning, he's maintained a low-profile since political protests calling for her ouster broke out last November after her party tried to push an amnesty bill that would have allowed him to return. Ousted in a 2006 coup, Shinawatra managed to recover close to $1 billion of his $2.3 billion in frozen assets. He also owns a controlling stake of SC Asset, a real estate developer that Yingluck used to run.

Thats how much they care about the farmers. Me,me,me,me............

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

PLUS skimming off 40% of every contract (and there were lots of them) when little sis was in control.

• Like 1

Go back to school and learn grammer before you post.... ignorance is bliss..! giggle.gif Perhaps you can ask your wife to write your posts... could not be any worse.!

maybe learn spelling too, along with GRAMMAR smile.png

Why dont you read thr article? The money is not there. Prayuth told the finance minstry to allocate the funds to pay them. In english that means take from one or many sources and use it to pay them. You are too quick to let PTP THAK and YL off the hook. They couldnt and wouldnt do thia because it is proof of their mismanagement and corruption with the huge losses of money in this scheme

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yinglucks mistake was stepping down calling for elections, once that happened she was stopped from being able to pay them for it. I think the farmers are smart enough to see what really happened. All you yellow followers seemed to hate the scheme, now you think its brilliant because your hero non-corrupt coup leaders are doing it now.

silly post..its money they have been owed for 7 months its an obligation..yingluks mistake was taking the job/and not providing the funds when she dissolved parliament correct...if the scheme was carried out the way it was meant to be done without the enormous theft.then no-one would be talking about it khun....wai2.gif

No. Yingluck's mistake was believing that the EC would act ethically and permit the farmers to be paid..as per their legal entitlement under the elected govt's program.

wrong..as you well know 7 months they waited she should..have paid them on the due date...dont spread dis-information..lies.lies ..lies ..

No, it's not wrong. Yingluck and the govt tried every measure to secure the release of funds to pay the farmers. They were blocked at every turn by forces opposed to the payment. That included Suthep who tried to bully and browbeat the banks into non-cooperation. Either you are ignorant of the facts or your memory is faulty...you choose

They were blocked because they were ILLEGAL

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck was given a very fair crack of the whip plus the benefit of the doubt that she was not a puppet of her brother. However that all went out of the window when she pushed through the amended Amnesty Bill at 3.00 am.

That's what you are dealing with a liar and a thief. Who would this Bill benefit? Dr. Thaksin perhaps? No that couldn't be possible. I find your pro-Thaksin rhetoric deplorable. Stop spreading misguided propaganda on behalf of the Shins. They are scum and akin to the Marcos Family.

Prbkk, Yingluck didn't try very hard BEFORE the protests started, with a full government at that time she failed to pay them, withheld---was the idea.

It is easier to change a system from the bottom up then the top down.....but this guy is doing it both ways.

It does make sense though.

Basic military strategy. Two pronged attack. With a bit of divide and conquer thrown in.

I think you are the blind person

Most people with 20 20 vision know what happened

The PTP was stopped from borrowing more money to fund the Rice Scam because as a caretaker government they cannot increase the debt for the next Government.

Quite simple really and obviously too simple for Red supporters

The reason they needed to borrow more is that so much of the money and rice in the scam has disappeared and the idiots running it couldn't sell enough of the stockpile they were left with, to pay the farmers. Hence the need to borrow even more.

So hopefully the Rice Scam books will be opened and studied and a whole lot of thieving PTP will be sent to jail for a long time, or flee the country, probably to Dubai, which is where much of the stolen money has ended up.

Prbkk, Yingluck didn't try very hard BEFORE the protests started, with a full government at that time she failed to pay them, withheld---was the idea.

Ginjag I must say you are giving her very little credit. She was extremely busy paying rice money to her cronies who were trucking it in from Cambodia. She had every intention of paying the Thai farmers once the entire Cambodian rice crop had been exhausted. But what a ridiculous scheme anyway. Who was going to pay three times for rice? The Thai Public? Prbkk is a tool of the Shin propaganda machine. Hope he's on the next list for brunch at the Army Club.

• Like 2

Wrong again. For some reason, you and others like to repeat the lie that the amnesty bill came as complete surprise at 3.00am. It is a lie. The prospect of an amnesty bill was canvassed by Yingluck during the election campaign before last.She gave interviews about it, it was reported in the press, discussed in this forum. She could make a legitimate claim that she had a mandate for it. And yet you and the other laptops go on and on with the same disingenuous BS about the bill. Get your facts straight. It's not hard.

• Like 1

This is so rich...you liberal democrats love to accuse Thaksin, TRT or UDD of buying votes. 555 What do you call this if not buying submission. But I don't blame the Farmers. I would encourage them to take the money and then vote for UDD and a Shinawatra in the next election. (That is if the military allows them to have a vote.)

Edited by SanSaiExPat

Prayuth's promise to pay the farmers in full within 20 days is a remarkable " coup " in and of itself. In one stroke he manages to alleviate the plight of the farmers, as well as strongly undercut Thaksin's core constituency. By this first legislative act, Prayuth takes the wind out of the sails of much of Pheu Thai and the UDD. It also is but the latest indication that things are going to be moving very swiftly.

This is so rich...you liberal democrats love to accuse Thaksin, TRT or UDD of buying votes. 555 What do you call this if not buying submission? But I don't blame the Farmers. I would encourage them to take the money and then vote for UDD and a Shinawatra in the next election. (That is if the military allows them to have a vote.)

• Like 1

This is so rich...you liberal democrats love to accuse Thaksin, TRT or UDD of buying votes. 555 What do you call this if not buying submission. But I don't blame the Farmers. I would encourage them to take the money and then vote for UDD and a Shinawatra in the next election. (That is if the military allows them to have a vote.)

im sure they will be queuing up to listen to a farang..with little knowledge of the real facts.wai2.gif

Wrong again. For some reason, you and others like to repeat the lie that the amnesty bill came as complete surprise at 3.00am. It is a lie. The prospect of an amnesty bill was canvassed by Yingluck during the election campaign before last.She gave interviews about it, it was reported in the press, discussed in this forum. She could make a legitimate claim that she had a mandate for it. And yet you and the other laptops go on and on with the same disingenuous BS about the bill. Get your facts straight. It's not hard.

Says the biggest twister of fact who cant admit that the reason that the farmers did not get paid was the incompetence of the government because they did not allocate funds before dissolving.

Its a good thing there is a coup because if people like you cant even accept these things the reds are beyond reason.

• Like 1

Oh yes sure she made sure that all her Party were there at 3.00 am. What PM in the World would try to pass an important change to legislature at 3.00 am? Only a cretin or someone corrupt. Take your pick I'll accept either.

This little trick had already been performed before when Dr. Thaksin sold AIS and Thailand's satellite interests to Temasek of Singapore. Pocketing billions in the process and compromising Thailand's National Security.

can you show me where it was in her manifesto..i cant find it in thai/or english..thank you

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yinglucks mistake was stepping down calling for elections, once that happened she was stopped from being able to pay them for it. I think the farmers are smart enough to see what really happened. All you yellow followers seemed to hate the scheme, now you think its brilliant because your hero non-corrupt coup leaders are doing it now.

I read a few months ago that the unbelievable amount of 2000,000 tons of rice went missing and wound up in the U S..So who is corrupt enough to pull that off?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I read a few months ago that the unbelievable amount of 2000,000 tons of rice went missing and wound up in the U S..So who is corrupt enough to pull that off?

The person in charge of the rice scheme that's who! If I put you in charge of my 7-11 and I came back the next day and everything had disappeared, who is to blame? Are you a single celled organism or what?

• Like 1

im sure they will be queuing up to listen to a farang..with little knowledge of the real facts.wai2.gif

And you are the book of all knowledge lol.

• Like 1

Let me see if I got this right if I put 80 billion plus in the bank and tied it up for say a year or two how much interest could I expect to make on it? better yet if I stalled paying the farmers there due I get free use of there money for a good deal of time , say I used this money in the forex market or gold bullion market buying and selling I stand to make a few hundred million or even a billion off others money without any risk to my own money. So my stalling buy bending to the will of the people I disolve government allowing me time to reap the profits. Right under there noses. I would use others to create the smoke screen for by useing there hatered of Thaskin as somthing is deflect attention from. Even and up to ply dumb all the time laughing at the idiots. But that's me You see this is the same way banks use your money they invest it in creditcards charging 18% interest all the time only paying you 1.5 % on your mour money charging you fees up the wahzoo. So for every 100 you got in the bank they give 1.50 while for your 100 there making 18.00 per hundred net profit of 16.50 per hundred you sock away Good deal huh? Thats why bankers drive nice cars huge bonuses Fancy mansions.

Prayuth's promise to pay the farmers in full within 20 days is a remarkable " coup " in and of itself. In one stroke he manages to alleviate the plight of the farmers, as well as strongly undercut Thaksin's core constituency. By this first legislative act, Prayuth takes the wind out of the sails of much of Pheu Thai and the UDD. It also is but the latest indication that things are going to be moving very swiftly.

P

Prayuth's is a master! Strategic and decisive! The House of Shins is falling.

Let me see if I got this right if I put 80 billion plus in the bank and tied it up for say a year or two how much interest could I expect to make on it? better yet if I stalled paying the farmers there due I get free use of there money for a good deal of time , say I used this money in the forex market or gold bullion market buying and selling I stand to make a few hundred million or even a billion off others money without any risk to my own money. So my stalling buy bending to the will of the people I disolve government allowing me time to reap the profits. Right under there noses. I would use others to create the smoke screen for by useing there hatered of Thaskin as somthing is deflect attention from. Even and up to ply dumb all the time laughing at the idiots. But that's me You see this is the same way banks use your money they invest it in creditcards charging 18% interest all the time only paying you 1.5 % on your mour money charging you fees up the wahzoo. So for every 100 you got in the bank they give 1.50 while for your 100 there making 18.00 per hundred net profit of 16.50 per hundred you sock away Good deal huh? Thats why bankers drive nice cars huge bonuses Fancy mansions.

She's so stupid she probably lost it all in the forex market. But with margin that would give her at least 800 billion baht in buying power trading cash not futures. Now if she instigated political unrest and the baht only fell 1% against the USD she walks away with 8 billion baht profit.

I don't think the scheme is good. Never have. It was pure unsustainable populist vote buying, and mismanaged beyond belief at that.

I'm just happy the farmers are being paid for what they sold.

Yes I am glad you agree the money that should have been paid months ago was being held as a political hostage. Keep drinking the Yellow Kool-aid.

Most Governments around the world have subsidy programs for farmers, but because it is done by a political party you oppose it must be bad. Oh my.

Other countries have subsidies like the Rice Scheme, really?

Can you name me one country with a scheme whose premise is to attempt to drive all by itself the price of a globally available commodity by unilaterally withholding exports, that had to resort to secret G2G deals to "sell" the product, with no oversight, no transparency, the person responsible for the policy never chairing one single meeting about it, the instigator of such policy a man too much of a criminal to step on his own country and that, to top it off, only spent around 20% of the budget on the target population (poor farmers), completely ignored the poorest of them and resulted in leaving the suppossed benifeciaries of the police much worse than when it started?

I'll be waiting for your answer to that one.

• Like 1

No. Yingluck's mistake was believing that the EC would act ethically and permit the farmers to be paid..as per their legal entitlement under the elected govt's program.

wrong..as you well know 7 months they waited she should..have paid them on the due date...dont spread dis-information..lies.lies ..lies ..

No YOU are completely wrong - selective memory I think - if you recall, the government had not paid the farmers when the payment was due - which was before the protests even started.

One of the reasons for the protest was that the rice pledging scheme was not paying the farmers.

The payments to the farmers were due MONTHS before the protests, not after - so how did the protesters block the payments before they started protesting?

I hate to contradict but you sir, are wrong and have selective memory. PM Ying Luck did try everything in her power to pay the farmers and as the previous poster stated, Suthep blocked her at every step of the way.