Farmers welcome junta’s prompt remedial action plan

Lite Beer

Well i never the army buying votes!

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

Shortly after they will probably grant themselves amnesty for their actions.

Its all remarkably ironic, if it was not so predictable and pathetic.

Poor baby your side got put aside because they wanted it all. Had they not gone for the Tasksin amnesty they would still be in power. Pathetic.. all because of one mans ego. They could have paid the farmers... they could have freed their own political prisoners.. but no.. Taksin needed to get his amnesty. Face it he is to blame and nobody else.

• Like 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The most important issue solved easily. I have never understand why the government was jerking the farmers around. Although I am not in favor of a coup My hats of the the General for "doing the right thing" Way to go

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well i never the army buying votes!

I doubt it will be long before the 2 trillion infrastructure scheme returns and is approved quickly.

Shortly after they will probably grant themselves amnesty for their actions.

Its all remarkably ironic, if it was not so predictable and pathetic.

It's like Suvarnabhumi Airport. They were blaming Thaksin for that too.

Thailand coup: Ex-PMs Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra to establish government in exile: lawyer

Ousted Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's lawyer has revealed Thaksin, recently ousted leader Yingluck Shinawatra and other leaders of the sharpening divide in Thailand will establish a government in exile.

Robert Amsterdam says so far there is no identifiable host state but it is believed by pro-government Red Shirts that there are a number of nations set to offer a safe place.

It comes as protests against the military coup continue in the capital Bangkok in defiance of the martial law ruling imposed last week.

Proximity would imply a neighbour state like Cambodia could house the former leaders, but it could invite military retaliation and sanctions from an angry and humiliated Thailand.

It is unclear whether any Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) state would risk breaching the association's bedrock doctrine of non-interference to provide a political safe haven for Thaksin and Ms Yingluck.

It could bring down the political order and harmony of ASEAN, a dull but effective piece of architecture that has assisted socio-economic and political development in the region for decades.

The exile government decision is being made just a day after a coup overthrew the government and military rulers detained Ms Yingluck.

Ms Yingluck is among more than 100 politicians being held at an army base in Bangkok, and Thailand's military chief said reforms were needed before an election could be held.

A source in Ms Yingluck's Puea Thai party told AFP on Saturday that the former prime minister's exact whereabouts were unknown.

"It is confirmed that she was detained by the military since she reported to the junta yesterday," the source, who was present when Ms Yingluck answered a call to report to the army on Friday, said.

"We are unsure of her whereabouts because the military confiscated her mobile phones and those of her aides."

Military officials say Ms Yingluck will not be held for longer than a week and have made assurances that she will be looked after.

"We provide them good facilities, perhaps even better than the facilities that I or everyone here [has] at the moment," a Thai military official said on Saturday. "Please do not worry."

Thai army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha launched his coup on Thursday after rival factions refused to give ground in a struggle for power between the royalist establishment and a populist government that had raised fears of serious violence and damaged the economy.

Do you really wonder why the rice scheme was so demonized by Yinglucks opposition. Mostly it was how much money the "rice wholesalers" were to lose.

Back in the 90's I checked the jasmin rice wholesale selling price in america and then I asked my ex-wife how much her family sold the rice for that they produced. After proposing I was willing to buy all the rice that their village could produce at a higher price they were selling it for, the answer I got was "it would never make it out of Issian". All rice trucks are stopped and checked at various check points. Seemed getting a rice export permit would have made no difference. The profit I could have made would have been tremendous.

I later got the "talk" that a small group in bangkok control all the rice and set the price. Some years the price was set so low they did not want to sell as it was far to low. They could see how much a Kilo of rice was selling for in stores and how low they were paid for the same rice was often devastating to them.

Yes they have farm cooperatives but they often don't agree or trust them. Until Yinglucks scheme to "cut the wholesaler out" there was no other alternative, it seems many TV's posters want the "old ways" and "old guard" in control.

• Like 2

How come now the money is suddenly here to pay the farmers?

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Anyone that cant see what is going on is blind.

i must be blind then. so please explain waht is going on?

Do you really wonder why the rice scheme was so demonized by Yinglucks opposition. Mostly it was how much money the "rice wholesalers" were to lose.

Back in the 90's I checked the jasmin rice wholesale selling price in america and then I asked my ex-wife how much her family sold the rice for that they produced. After proposing I was willing to buy all the rice that their village could produce at a higher price they were selling it for, the answer I got was "it would never make it out of Issian". All rice trucks are stopped and checked at various check points. Seemed getting a rice export permit would have made no difference. The profit I could have made would have been tremendous.

I later got the "talk" that a small group in bangkok control all the rice and set the price. Some years the price was set so low they did not want to sell as it was far to low. They could see how much a Kilo of rice was selling for in stores and how low they were paid for the same rice was often devastating to them.

Yes they have farm cooperatives but they often don't agree or trust them. Until Yinglucks scheme to "cut the wholesaler out" there was no other alternative, it seems many TV's posters want the "old ways" and "old guard" in control.

So it had nothing to do with the lack of transparency, the money lost, the lack of controls to prevent corruption and profiteering, or the money made by wealthy politician land-owners who raised rents on their own policy.

• Like 2

Didnt they say that Yingluck and Thaksin stole it and thats why the farmers could not be paid?

Please tell me which is worse, stealing the money and not paying the farmers, or having the money and not paying them.

Either way if the Junta does pay the farmers their money their opinion of their former hero Thaksin is going to take an even steeper nosedive. thumbsup.gif

When he can suspend the Constitution, control the medias and order various groups to do what he wants, every news come out will be positive with the Junta. I am sure the medias do not want to be summoned by the military. LOL

Edited by stickyrice2000
  • Like 2

Am curious as to where the 80 billion baht is coming from, the article was pretty quiet on that.

Last month the government kept saying they did not have the money to pay the farmers, and were

going to try and issue bonds to pay them.;

Maybe Yingluck is being grilled by the army right now as to where the hundreds of billions of baht

from the rice scam went to , and now the army has the money so can pay the farmers..

• Like 1

No answer from those who support this decision, where is the money coming from? Maybe the banks have been leant on or were given notice before the coup?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

Isn't that nice to be able to do those things and no morons try to stop you?

Old Ho Chi Min was right when he said power comes from the barrel of a gun, and the real power is the fact that he is using brains instead of bullets.

Interesting also all those countries condemning the takeover (coup deleted) probably because they are worried it might give some of their own people ideas........ ;-)

Or as us old Warwickshire farm boys used to say, "If you've got the shit, I've got the shovel".

Chok Dee Thailand.

• Like 1

Yingluck did error when she dissolved the government before earmarking the funds to pay the farmers, but I think she didn't think Suthep and the Yellow Shirts would stoop so low as to allow the farmers to by injured in their attempts to overthrow the government. It was Suthep and the Election Commission that kept her from obtaining the necessary funds to pay the farmers, and I'm sure it was for political motives. Now the military doesn't have to get anyone's approval to do anything so they can order the Minister of Finance to get the money and pay. There was never any allegation of stealing the money, and in spite of what many think there was never any intention to wait until the rice was sold to pay the farmers. The farmers were to be paid out of the general fund which would be reimbursed when the rice was sold.

Have you forgotten that it was illegal? In which country does an opposition party and regulatory bodies support a caretaker government that wants to commit crimes (again) for their own political gain?

Anybody else think that the important agricultural issue here isn't the payment of last years crop? It's the profit that can, or should I say cannot, be made in all future years once the rice pledging scheme ends, which is here and now.

All the small time farmers are going to get more and more in debt as they repeatedly sell each harvests crop at a loss.

Until a new government subsidy scheme arrives.

No ones knows about the rice money pretty much like the diamonds!

Could Yingluck ever have not paid the farmers and got away with it?

Of course not, it was never her intention too.....

For the small minded people...!

Sudtep worked the media, generals, senate and tried to manipulate as many as he could..

Everyone with a brain knows the story, and yes everyone also knows about Thaksin, old news...

The yellow shirts have been mocking yingluck for years on social media, I wander if that's the length of Sudteps plan.

He told people for years democracy was the only way, he was nearly the leader then he decides to not like democracy! Just overnight plan?! Know he waited surely?

Wait for her to make a big mistake, he was right, she did!

Leaves the party and attacks, with all the pieces in place..

Sudtep, he has won phase 1..

The general can be seen on you tube back in 2011 telling the people not to support the red shirts, so he is biased, but that's it, he has won phase 2!

Who will be the puppet for phase 3 is more interesting, focus on the past and miss the future!

Also interesting is why? Who do the Thaksin family threaten the most?

I guess if it's Sudtep then well done to him, game over, military rule for all...

• Like 1

Go back to school and learn grammer before you post.... ignorance is bliss..! giggle.gif Perhaps you can ask your wife to write your posts... could not be any worse.!

Rice is subject to quota restrictions imposed by Thailand and other countries, along with sugar and various other produce and products. It has nothing to do with the old guard or anything else. It is a regulated market and you need an export permit. You can import firearms but again there are quotas and regulations in place. If you had used a customs broker there would have been no problem. Most farmers deal with wholesalers because it's easier for both parties. A major rice processor isn't going to come to your wife's farm specially to buy rice from her. If she wanted to open a shop and sell it in BKK she could do that but not export it.

Yingluck's cronies were shipping cheap rice from Cambodia and getting paid on it under the rice scheme. Just another example of rural ignorance.

• Like 1

yingluck stole the rice money. Prayuth the army guy as you call him, is allocating from,other sources.

Maybe you are blind or I,am. Please DO inform us what is going on.

With your great insight into the Thai commerce and government funds held in deserve we await your great wisdom

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

"government funds held in deserve"

Yah need a dose of wisdom, or at least spell check. No one, not one single person, has any evidence that "yingluck stole the rice money" And names are supposed to be capitalized, even people we don't like. Not one shred of evidence has been produced to prove this -- yes, money 'seems' to have disappeared, but no one, not even General P is accusing her of that (because there is no evidence). It is just the verbal marching orders of Herr Suthep.

Seig Heil Suthep! Please declare a nine day week so we all can benefit the Resistance!

What sophistry (look it up). Choosing sides in this circus is like accusing the clowns of being painted.

The reds and yellows are just two different jesters pretending to be saints.

A writer from the Nation, a right wing publication wrote: "Double standards are now rife in Thailand thanks to our divisive politics. One faction screams in outrage when a taxi driver is attacked by protesters, while the other just ignores the incident. The situation is reversed when M79 attacks claim lives, with the former faction turning a blind eye. This has happened, is happening and will happen again."

He's been reading TVF!!

• Like 1

Isn't that nice to be able to do those things and no morons try to stop you?

its nice to have someone in charge without an ulterior motive and no wish to hurt others to better themselves.....PT are just bandits!!!!!!

Thailand coup: Ex-PMs Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra to establish government in exile: lawyer

Ousted Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's lawyer has revealed Thaksin, recently ousted leader Yingluck Shinawatra and other leaders of the sharpening divide in Thailand will establish a government in exile.

Robert Amsterdam says so far there is no identifiable host state but it is believed by pro-government Red Shirts that there are a number of nations set to offer a safe place.

It comes as protests against the military coup continue in the capital Bangkok in defiance of the martial law ruling imposed last week.

Proximity would imply a neighbour state like Cambodia could house the former leaders, but it could invite military retaliation and sanctions from an angry and humiliated Thailand.

It is unclear whether any Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) state would risk breaching the association's bedrock doctrine of non-interference to provide a political safe haven for Thaksin and Ms Yingluck.

It could bring down the political order and harmony of ASEAN, a dull but effective piece of architecture that has assisted socio-economic and political development in the region for decades.

The exile government decision is being made just a day after a coup overthrew the government and military rulers detained Ms Yingluck.

Ms Yingluck is among more than 100 politicians being held at an army base in Bangkok, and Thailand's military chief said reforms were needed before an election could be held.

A source in Ms Yingluck's Puea Thai party told AFP on Saturday that the former prime minister's exact whereabouts were unknown.

"It is confirmed that she was detained by the military since she reported to the junta yesterday," the source, who was present when Ms Yingluck answered a call to report to the army on Friday, said.

"We are unsure of her whereabouts because the military confiscated her mobile phones and those of her aides."

Military officials say Ms Yingluck will not be held for longer than a week and have made assurances that she will be looked after.

"We provide them good facilities, perhaps even better than the facilities that I or everyone here [has] at the moment," a Thai military official said on Saturday. "Please do not worry."

Thai army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha launched his coup on Thursday after rival factions refused to give ground in a struggle for power between the royalist establishment and a populist government that had raised fears of serious violence and damaged the economy.

they're all banned from border runs. How could they eventually create such nonsense?

Wonder what other govt bills will go unpaid with the military junta now wanting to pay farmers ASAP. Those other bills probably won't be talked about. Not sure generals are the best money managers....more use to giving orders "to make it happen" without fully understanding all the consequences...usually they are always wanting more money to buy things. Hope it all works out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suggest you educate yourself more broadly, get some deeper longer-term background.

I'm very pleased about these Government in Exile rumors. It means that Yingers and her crew are going to spend a lot longer than seven days at the pleasure of the Thai Military.